One to Address ALL of Your Spirit Guides

kuguinha

A good spread.

I've tried and it appears that I have 3 spirit guides. All of them wanted to talk to me. Than, I asked if I had more spirit guides. The 9 appeared and I was: Holy...

Next, I asked how many of the 9 wanted to communicate with me. The Moon appeared (18). I felt I should done 1 + 8 = 9. So all of the 9 want to communicate with me. That was pretty amazing. I have 12 spirit guides.

hopena

I pulled cards for this - and the first of the six guides it told me I have - in January, with my Paulina Tarot, and still haven't finished it. I'll have to get to it, tomorrow. The first reading interested me.

hunter

I'm planning on adapting this spread into some ancestor work. I'm going to use the Shining Tribe tarot, that is currently free at DiscountNewAgeBooks. I've been googling ancestor altars today.

shiresun

KafkasGhost said:
XIV Temperance was the first card I drew. I thought, gee, 14?! And then I reduced the number to 5. I did a yes/no Ace/Magician/13 spread to confirm if it was 14 or 5. A resounding YES to 14.

Then I inquired further and of those 14, only 4 wanted to "participate in the interview." ;0)

I'm very interested in trying this spread! I do have two questions. In this quote of yours, because I'm so new to Tarot, I can not envision what you actually did here to confirm. Can you direct me to a posted spread for this please?

Also, is the original (and the above quoted) specific to the whole deck, or can you use Majors only? I'm just about finished meeting all my Majors. If it works as well with Majors only, I'll be able to try it out next week. If not, I do have another month or so before I can try this out.

Peace,

Shire

tunna457

Wow!

I have to say, I was not really sure what to make of this and I wasn't sure if it would work for me. I came to this thread because I was curious about how to get in touch with my guide in order to begin forming a more conscious relationship with it/them. I saw what everyone said about it it and I thought, "ah, well, it doesn't hurt to try!" I am so impressed with the results, I have to share them!

I'm writing up a post right now about the reading in the "Your Readings" forum if you want to read it since I think that's the right place to put it :)

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=2328610#post2328610

Bravo, thank you so much for sharing :)

WinterRose

shiresun said:
I'm very interested in trying this spread! I do have two questions. In this quote of yours, because I'm so new to Tarot, I can not envision what you actually did here to confirm. Can you direct me to a posted spread for this please?

Also, is the original (and the above quoted) specific to the whole deck, or can you use Majors only? I'm just about finished meeting all my Majors. If it works as well with Majors only, I'll be able to try it out next week. If not, I do have another month or so before I can try this out.

Peace,

Shire

Hi Shire - the easiest way to learn how to do a spread like this is to look at the ones people have posted in the Your Readings section. And I can answer your second question - it's the whole deck. Although I don;t see a reason why you can't use just majors.

Edit:

I've just done this reading myself - turns out I only have the one guide at the moment, a rather firey, mischevious little chap, but one who is ready and willing to support me in times of trouble.

shiresun

CelticDruidess said:
Hi Shire - the easiest way to learn how to do a spread like this is to look at the ones people have posted in the Your Readings section. And I can answer your second question - it's the whole deck. Although I don;t see a reason why you can't use just majors.

Edit:

I've just done this reading myself - turns out I only have the one guide at the moment, a rather firey, mischevious little chap, but one who is ready and willing to support me in times of trouble.

Greetings, CelticDruidess :) I thank you for answering my query.

I actually did the original spread, with majors only. It is the confirmation spread that uses aces/magician that stumps me. I ran into difficulties when I found I had 18 Guides. I thought I might need to reduce it, but the way to do that is what stumpted me. I wrote to KafkasGhost for more info and got the link to the confirmation (aces/magician) spread.

My problem is, since I'm still in the process of meeting my WHOLE deck for the first time (my actual first deck ever) - I just finished meeting the Majors -using the Magician/Aces confirmation would be difficult. I am doing a one on one meeting through the whole deck. Thus, I am reluctant to shuffle them and use them until I've met them for now. If I had access to one of my two other decks that are currently packed away (but have never been opened), I would be able to do that, just for this exercise. I'm still working it out.

I will definitely head over and check out the 'Your Readings' thread - which is a great idea! - and might be able to come up with an idea of how to use my Majors only to come up with the confirmation. I actually tried working out a system even. Making three piles of the majors - one pile which I thought would be definite ACE like cards; one pile that are maybe cards (if they're up right would be yes, but reversed, they would be no, kind of thing; and one pile that are what I feel would be no cards).

The weird thing is the Moon (the original card that gave me the number 18) and the Hermit are the two cards that I am trying to figure out which should represent the number of guides, and no matter how many times and ways I do the confirmation, when I come across them, they both are always either upright in the spread, or they are both reversed. lol

I already know, from my own personal, previous spiritual work that I have 3 guides, and who they are and what they are here to teach me. So that means I could possibly have either 6 more if it turns out the confirmation gives me a yes to reduction, or I have 15 more.

Again, thank you for your help!

Peace,

Shire

emmaybe80

Love it!

This has got to be one of the most beneficial spreads I have ever done! I found I currently have 9 spirit guides. One of which I'd already been in touch with, but I started with her so just to get the ball rolling. Afterward, I got acquainted with another, who I'd realized had been around ALOT. After him, I had to close for the time being, as I started to feel tired after conversing with those two, and they were all good with that.

I VERY much look forward to using this again to try and become acquainted with the others as well.

Nice spread! A definite keeper for my journal! :)

Vega Lyrah

Thank you!

I just used your spread as a general guide... I shuffled, asked a question, reshuffled, asked another question... I'm going to post this under My Readings after I've had a chance to do my research on the cards that came up. I'm still very, very new at this. This was my third reading thus far, the others were Celtic Crosses.

Anyways, thanks again and I'll post the link to My Readings here soon.