One to Address ALL of Your Spirit Guides

Kreative-Dragon

so... little problem here. Tried to do this spread today, and got the reversed fool as a "how many do I have" card.
shuffled again, tried again, reversed fool again.

*wimper* I have no spirit guides? *tear*

so, facepalm moment, what do you guys think? Did it with the Dragon tarot deck by the way.

Blessed_Rose

I got "0" The Fool (R), does this mean my guides are on vacation?

Asheybaby

I have to post on this for people who receive the fool. This happened to me, I put it back and reshuffled very well.... and pulled the fool again. SO I asked how do I not have any spirit guides and I pulled a card that I surmised in a reading yesterday to mean have faith in the universe to take care of you. I then asked if there was a spirit that was not my guide that would like to come through, and received a joyful yes! I then had a wonderful meeting with my grandmother who I have been thinking about and missing a lot lately.
If you receive the fool reversed or not, I would not be disheartened. Perhaps they are being held back so that another spirit can come through.

ShelbyWagon

I loved this spread! I used the Deviant Moon tarot deck and got very enlightening results. I have 3 spirit guides (3 of Pentacles - 3 artists working together. Awesome!). When I asked how many wanted to chat, I got the 5 of cups and burst out laughing. My spirit guides are naggers and desperately wanted to talk to me! ^_^

Lynnabelle

This was an amazing spread! Thank you very much for sharing it.

When I used it, the first card came up as the Knight of Cups for me, so I took that to mean I only had one spirit guide (did the ace/ace/magician spread to clarify that, yes, I only have one). So then I sat down to talk with her.

She says she's here to teach me to be cautious of all my choices, and she's really close by when I mess up and pick the wrong choice (I laughed, thinking "isn't that all the time?").

The reason why I find this so interesting is that I often have the cards telling me to be careful of my choices. At the end of this reading, I pulled a card to see how long she's been here, and I got the 8 of Swords. This makes sense to me, because eight years ago I was 10, and had just started "blossoming" (more like stumbling and crying) into womanhood, and my spirit guide is a very motherly figure.

I'll put up a post in 'Your Readings' that goes a bit further with this, but I am very, very pleased.

DeliberateDelirium

I'm kind of hesitant to try this, because what if I contact something malevolent? I'm not afraid of Tarot in general, because I think of it as using my own insight and contacting my higher self and the universe if anything. But this reminds me of Ouija. I had this Ouija board that was packaged as an "angel board" or something like that. It was really the same thing though, and whatever I contacted didn't want to talk. It kept saying no and going crazy off the board, then went to black (this board had colors) and the power went out. Sorry this is off topic, but I guess I'm wondering if it's possible for something like that to happen with Tarot. I think I've had demons or malevolent spirits attached to me for a while, and I overcame the fear but I wouldn't want to do Ouija again and this strikes me as similar. It's pretty much inviting anything to come through. I'm just picturing a scenario where I asked about my spirit guide, and The Devil card comes up. Has that happened to anyone, and how would you react if it did?

Yineth

Hey DD,

To be honest, I've never had a firsthand experience with an Ouija board, so I can't say I fully understand what you went through. I really don't want to sound condescending, but perhaps the spirit you came in contact with simply did not want to be badgered with questions and reacted in the manner it did? Coming from a Christian background, I do have my apprehension of spirits and demons too, but I think it's alright to approach the topic with an open mind :) [Yes, I am a hypocrite. Please don't judge :p]

In the likelihood that you do end up drawing the Devil card on first try, you still need to understand what the card's meaning is meant for you in regard to the spread's positions too. First reaction to seeing the Devil card probably won't be a super-happy-fun-time reaction, but there could have been a reason why the card showed (ex. Bad shuffling, by chance, etc). It's like asking how someone would react if the Death card showed up too. First glance reaction is possible surprise, but I doubt some similar event from the Exorcist will occur in your room the moment the card's face appeared.

Worst case scenario: You don't try the spread. But I personally think you're calling out to someone (ie. the universe) when you're using the deck, so technically you're already calling someone to you ;)

DeliberateDelirium

Hey DD,

To be honest, I've never had a firsthand experience with an Ouija board, so I can't say I fully understand what you went through. I really don't want to sound condescending, but perhaps the spirit you came in contact with simply did not want to be badgered with questions and reacted in the manner it did? Coming from a Christian background, I do have my apprehension of spirits and demons too, but I think it's alright to approach the topic with an open mind :) [Yes, I am a hypocrite. Please don't judge :p]

In the likelihood that you do end up drawing the Devil card on first try, you still need to understand what the card's meaning is meant for you in regard to the spread's positions too. First reaction to seeing the Devil card probably won't be a super-happy-fun-time reaction, but there could have been a reason why the card showed (ex. Bad shuffling, by chance, etc). It's like asking how someone would react if the Death card showed up too. First glance reaction is possible surprise, but I doubt some similar event from the Exorcist will occur in your room the moment the card's face appeared.

Worst case scenario: You don't try the spread. But I personally think you're calling out to someone (ie. the universe) when you're using the deck, so technically you're already calling someone to you ;)

I'm not afraid of "The Devil" card or "The Death" card in general because I know they aren't literal. I'm not as stupid as you assumed I am, and I know you did because you felt the need to specify that you "really don't want to sound condescending". I never would have even read that as condescending if you didn't feel the need to specify that you really weren't trying to be, thus being passive aggressive. I'll let it go because it's not my intention to create animosity with anyone on here, but for future reference you could probably leave that out.

The Ouija experience wasn't the only experience I've had with demons or malevolent spirits or whatever it was. It might not have even been malevolent in that case, it could have just not wanted to be bothered like you said. I did think of that. I have had experiences with demons, not through Ouija, mostly through sleep paralysis episodes which I won't go into detail about because I don't really want someone else's perspective or opinion on my experience and/or what I should do about it. Just know that I've had them, and they've been pretty intense.

When I do Tarot in general, I feel that I am calling out the Universe and my Higher Self but not a specific external entity or entities. I still feel ultimately in control, and when I pull The Devil and Death cards in spreads I read them in context. The nature of this spread is a bit different. I see the spirit realm in levels, and external spirits are not always at the highest level so they can be misguiding. If I'm asking to come in contact with external "spirits" that could be guiding me, I feel like I'm opening myself up to lower spirits or entities as well especially if there has been one in my proximity.

I was not asking a general question about what The Devil card means in Tarot, I meant if that card specifically came up AS A GUIDE. The Devil card in general context represents ego and lower influences, so a spirit guide should not identify with The Devil unless it was a lower entity. If it came up as something it was trying to teach me, it would have to do with overcoming those influences but if it came up as the "personality" card I would probably connect it to a lower entity rather than a "spirit guide". When I think about it, my beliefs don't really involve spirit guides anyway though I believe some people might have them and it could be useful for some. I was slightly curious to try to this spread, but hesitant because I'm not sure I really want to contact specific external entities. Contacting the Universe and my Higher Self is really not the same. I probably shouldn't have even asked because most people have different perspectives than I do, but I asked on a whim. I think that I won't be using this spread because it doesn't seem relevant to me personally, though I'm sure it would be helpful for others.

MountainGirl

I was not asking a general question about what The Devil card means in Tarot, I meant if that card specifically came up AS A GUIDE. The Devil card in general context represents ego and lower influences, so a spirit guide should not identify with The Devil unless it was a lower entity. If it came up as something it was trying to teach me, it would have to do with overcoming those influences but if it came up as the "personality" card I would probably connect it to a lower entity rather than a "spirit guide".

Hm, I'm pagan, so I tend to see the hoofed and horned devil as a distorted picture of the ancient god Pan. I would have no trouble having a spirit guide similar to him that could teach me a closer connection to nature, being more free-spirited and enjoying the pleasures of the physical world and not to worry so much about what others think. It could also mean a spirit guide with a bit of a trickster personality, one who nudges you on and uses humor or rather sarcasm to teach. Just my opinion on a possible interpretations, as I don't use the concept of higher or lower entities.

Blessings,
MountainGirl

DeliberateDelirium

Hm, I'm pagan, so I tend to see the hoofed and horned devil as a distorted picture of the ancient god Pan. I would have no trouble having a spirit guide similar to him that could teach me a closer connection to nature, being more free-spirited and enjoying the pleasures of the physical world and not to worry so much about what others think. It could also mean a spirit guide with a bit of a trickster personality, one who nudges you on and uses humor or rather sarcasm to teach. Just my opinion on a possible interpretations, as I don't use the concept of higher or lower entities.

Blessings,
MountainGirl

Well, that's an interesting perspective. I'm not affiliated with a particular religion, just free form spirituality so I don't look at "The Devil" in a Christian way but I have had experiences with lower entities that weren't just tricksters but actually malevolent. So I guess I have that association in my mind, but your interpretation is different and I suppose I wouldn't mind if that were the case. Still not sure if I want to use the spread, but thanks for your perspective.