The entropy Marriage in Crisis Spread

entropy

It was suggested that, rather than going by an existing spread, I could create my own that was sensitive to the things I really wanted to know. This is what I came up with...

-------------------22------------------
17-18----------------------------13-14
---------------------------------------
--------------------3------------------
9-10-11-12-------2--1---------5-6-7-8
-------------------4-------------------
---------------------------------------
15-16---------------------------19--20
-------------------23-------------21--

1-You and Your Partner Together
2-The Marriage
3-The Other
4-You
5-The Other’s Hope
6-The Other’s Fear
7-The Other’s Strength
8-The Other’s Weakness
9-Your Hope
10-Your Fear
11-Your Strength
12-Your Weakness
13-The Other’s life after the divorce
14-The Other’s life if you stay married
15-Your life after the divorce
16-Your life if you stay married
17-Overall, the outcome if you divorce
18-Overall, the outcome if you stay married
19-How to fix the marriage in the next week
20-How to fix the marriage in the next month
21-How to fix the marriage in the next year
22-Why does the other hold on to the marriage?
23-Why do you hold on to the marriage?

I'm not done digesting the cards that showed up when I did this for myself, but it certainly has given me a lot to think about...

Lilija

Wow, that's exceptionally detailed. I can see it being a lot to handle all at once, but very helpful.

rwcarter

Hi entropy,

That is quite a detailed spread, and I can see why it would take some time to digest the cards that show up. Sorry there was a need which lead you to create it.

I think it looks wonderful except for one small thing. The layout seems unbalanced. Because there's only a 15-16 on the left and there's a 19-20-21 on the right, the spread seems weighted to the right. Also 17-18 and 13-14 seem to be pulling towards the edges of the spread, adding stress on each partner's hopes, fears, strengths and weaknesses.

If those things are by design to highlight the crisis of the relationship, OK. Otherwise I'd suggest centering 17-18 over 9-10-11-12 and centering 13-14 over 5-6-7-8. I'd also either add something to 15-16 to balance out 19-20-21 or rearrange the bottom of the spread. You could center 15-16 under 4 and then center 19-20-21 under 15-16.

Rodney

SherryZoned

Wow that is a pretty intense thread. Very impressed by the detail. I would imagine this would take time to digest. I hope that you were able to get what you wanted out of this spread either way that it goes.