Happier Here or There

obeygravity

With my 30th birthday coming up this year, I've made the decision to try and make a big move to the west coast before then. Looking at the charts as stand alone for my solar returns in both locations, the differences are quite stark and seem to solidify a lot of what I'd expect if I were to stay here (Chart on the left) versus moving (Chart on the right). What I'm trying to do now is look more into how these charts actually interact with my natal since a lot of information is relatively sparse in terms of solar return aspects to the natal. It's interesting since the planets for the most part are in the same spots but the house shifts are pretty dramatic.

[ Chart ]

The big differences I'm seeing are:

Chart I
- AC moves into my 3H, making my ASC for the year Capricorn which... yes I definitely would be - probably relatively severe and only business oriented since being here would mean that the only way I could enrich my life would likely be to just... work. I'd certainly be confined to my immediate (home) area, and communication would be a focus since that'd be my central avenue for networking.
- MC moved into 1st house which, again, seems to point that I'd be defined primarily by my work. PoF placed in there seems to be the key to me continuing to be happy while living here.
- Saturn in Lilith in 12th House is something that makes me a little nervous! Definitely a strong feeling of being Stuck, and it likely eating me up!
- Pluto RX in my SR ASC conjunct my natal IC also seems to show this sense of not being in control and being very much defined by my immediate surroundings.
- SR Chiron RX in my 6H... again shows a bit of pain, it looks like perhaps even my mental (3H chiron) health (6H) would take a dip as well.
- SR 9H Jupiter hitting my natal ASC gives me a feeling that traveling and getting away from my roots would probably bring me the biggest opportunities (Which even now is true since I travel for conventions and to speak at schools that ultimately help expand my network).

Chart 2
- SR Ac becomes Scorpio and moves into my second house which! Yes! If I did this move, I'd certainly become a lot more alert and possibly suspicious of my surroundings since I've never lived on the west coast before and would know few people. Money would be a focus since it'd be partially for my career and I'd be very focused on trying to expand my funds for the long run.
- SR Saturn and Lilith in my SR 2H instead of my SR 12H shows a lot of restriction in funds but I feel a bit more at ease seeing Lilith here as it gives me a sense that I'd likely be very clever in how to make more money since it's hitting my 3H. SR Saturn conj. Natal 3H Uranus shows a lot of discipline in my ideas and how to execute them, SR Lilith conjunct Natal 3H Ceres shows a sense of personal comfort in my goals and what I'd like to do.
- SR Pluto RX conjunct natal IC seems to denote that a lot of my security would be dependent on my ability to keep my funds in order and would likely be pretty defined by finds as well.
- SR 11H Jupiter hitting my ASC also seems to show that I'd be making friends pretty well! Definitely building and drawing mutually balancing connections by the dozens.
- My SR PoF STAYS in my SR 10H (!!) which is ultimately what I really want since I'm at the point where I'm trying to expand my career and business. With it conjunct both my SR Sun and Natal Sun, it gives me a feeling that being here will help me "unlock" a lot of my skills, making it a lot easier for me to take advantage of my network for the better and to fully apply my skills in my career.

The biggest thing that I'm not quite sure what to make of is the stelliums since I don't have any in my natal. Both locations show that I'd have one, the first in my SR 8H and the second in my SR 10H and I'm still not entirely sure what to make of those. At least in my second chart there's a bit of a "break" in that my SR Venus is in my 9H while my chart for staying here shows my SR Sun, Mars, Mercury AND venus in 8H.

Overall, the biggest difference I'm seeing in staying here versus moving is that moving will be a lot more career focused in a the realm of connecting with other people where as staying here will be focused on my career as a means of... well... getting by and surviving but if anyone can see some more positives for staying here that'd also be great juuuuuusst in case my plans for moving fall through (though I hope not :laugh: )