Capricorn incredibly popular despite being Capricornish personality hated irl

Darth MI

One of the interesting phenomenons I noticed is that the sign of Capricorn is incredibly popular in the astrology community. If you make a post asking what is your favorite zodiac sign, at least 8 or 9 out of every 10 posts will include Capricorn among their personal list. And moreso the primary reason why Capricorn seems to be among the favorites is because the signs nature is a workaholic who's mature and responsible. The Capricorn man in particularly is beloved for his stern but fatherly nature and unmatchable self-restraint.

But I notice in real life outside of the astrology community, people with Capricornish traits (particularly their grim pessimism and seriousness) is HATED. I can't tell you how irl how the quiet Capricornish personality is hated by the more immature and reckless peers (particularly during school years). If anything, the stereotypical Capricorn resembles the good student who's hated for not liking cool stuff such as sports and being "nerdy" (not exactly for Capricorn guys but I noticed Capricornish girls get the label as nerdy).

What do you think? What does this reveal about the astrology community?

Kristyjnh

My sister is Capricorn Sun, and though it really fits her, she is popular with her friends at school. I don't know of anyone (and mind you this is in high school) who would say they hated her. She can be bossy and dogmatic, and very into the potential acquisition of wealth. She wants to go into business so she can open her own bakery one day as manager. She gets excellent grades with little effort, but rather than being "nerdy" she's been called "scary". She also has a fun sense of humor and is fiercely loyal to her friends, from a few different cliques.

The other Cap Sun I know was my best friend growing up, who seemed to make friends everywhere she went (A talent I always envied). She's a creative and fun person but admittedly also bossy. Her personality fits more with an Aquarius overall, I think.

So in my experience, Capricorn (Sun, anyway, since I don't have the luxury of seeing the birth chart of everyone close to me) is generally well liked. Now, my dad on the other hand, Aries Ascendant, is another story. He likes to say people like him till they get to know him (which is pretty much right on the money).

AmethystEyes

Well I'm in the astrology community and its my least fav sign despite having my venus and mars in it. I see the positive qualities but hate the personality. I also don't see Sun Cappys popular outside of the astrology world.......maybe 50/50, but the ones that are definitely have some other positive sag or aqua influence to make them peppier.
Just my experiences :)