What Fire Sign is the MOST DISCIPLINED?Is it Aries?

Darth MI

Aries is the VERY LAST SIGN most people would think of the most DISCIPLINED. In fact Aries often tops as the most immature and undisciplined sign according to polls in astrology sites and magazines.

But recently I got a book that stated Germany is the one nation on Earth that is the EMBODIMENT of Aries. I decided to do more research on the sign, and I learned while Aries are often jesters, one of the defining traits of the sign is that when they take something seriously, they PUT 120% effort in it. Furthurmore, when the situation finally is a serious one such as say war or finances, Aries will suddenly transform as disciplined as say Capricorn or Scorpio.

If we are to believe Germany embodies Aries, this makes sense. Sure the Germans have a reputation of being Spartan, but they are incredibly brash, egotistic, and have a history of being aggressive. If Germany was say Capricorn or Virgo like many people believe, they wouldn't have been so eager to initiate the World Wars and they would have called for a peace treaty when things started becoming too destructive and bloody.

In other words Aries is the epitome of ADHD in the zodiac-if something bores them they will act childish and lazy goofballs. If its something that grips them such as sport or if its dangerous situation like a burning house, Aries will in an instant transform into the most disciplined and mature person you ever met.

Am I correct?

theboomz

My vote is for Leo. They are masters of what they do. Sagittarius are all over the place, and Aries like to start things. And we're talking just signs in general, not a person's sun sign or anything like that? I'm married to a Leo with a Taurus moon, so for him, the discipline is really there, quite serious. I have a few planets in Sag, and boy do I feel it. I wish I was more down to earth and disciplined. I'm a cancer asc, so that part of me gets let down a lot by my wild side.

ravenest

Aries gives the discipline Taurus takes it while Gemini thinks about whether discipline was the appropriate course of action considering varied circumstances and talks to everyone about it while all drink a relaxing cup of tea that Cancer made for them, who is pondering their own need for discipline and whether they will actually do anything about it. ;)

So how does it work from Leo ?

celticnoodle

Aries gives the discipline Taurus takes it while Gemini thinks about whether discipline was the appropriate course of action considering varied circumstances and talks to everyone about it while all drink a relaxing cup of tea that Cancer made for them, who is pondering their own need for discipline and whether they will actually do anything about it. ;)

So how does it work from Leo ?

:laugh: good answer! and great question.

Minderwiz

Is 'Discipline' a characteristic of signs?

I've seen a number of ways of classifying signs - the first is by element, as reflected here. So is 'discipline' related to elements? In which case Water or Fire signs may lack discipline entirely. Let fire or water go on their own and they head off in all directions, limited only by the terrain and the winds.

The second is by mode or season. Cardinal, Fixed and Mutable are the modern versions. Of these it might be possible to make an argument for 'Fixed' signs ans Cardinal are too impetuous and Mutable are trying to be two things at once. That would make Leo, the most disciplined. But if 'Fixed' is just downright intransigence, the that might not be an accurate description.

Other qualities that I've seen are 'bestial' all Fire signs are represented by four footed beings. Discipline might be seen as an animal trait but I think it might be more a human trait, as it requires conscious thought. So none of the Fire Signs would have Discipline on this measure. Signs can be Masculine or Feminine but all the Fire signs are Masculine and I'm not starting an argument about whether males or females are most disciplined.

Of course there's the modern view that was invented by Alan Leo. That transferred some of the planetary meanings to signs and through them to personalities. This created the 'I am an Aries' mode of thought. If we go by the rulers of the Fire signs, the Sun is the most disciplined as it does not deviate from it's path and has only small variations in its daily speed. Mars and Jupiter are subject to significant changes in speed and reversal of direction - not much discipline there :) That would suggest Leo is the most disciplined. Though as the Sun is exalted in Aries, that has something of a claim.

If 'Discipline' is related to planets not signs, then three's an obvious answer - Saturn is the planetary significator of 'Discipline'. So for modern Astrologers that would mean Capricorn (oddly Aquarius, also ruled by Saturn traditionally would probably be the least disciplined sign because of the modern link to Uranus).

So the question might have better been phrased as 'Is discipline' anything to do with signs at all.

DiamondsRForever

I would infer that Aries is the least disciplined of the fire signs. I may also like to add that Aries is probably the least disciplined of the zodiac. Aries is the first house, signifying all that is primitive. As you go up to the 11th and 12th houses, Aquarius and Pisces, you will see that intuition and intellect are sought out by that individual vs primitive desires. Not to say that an Aquarian is not impulsive and takes on many lovers, but their intellect succeeds instinct.

I'd say that the most disciplined fire sign is Leo. They are very concerned about their public image, therefore, they will attempt to make it immaculate. Sagittarians have the most intellect of the fire signs, but their desire to create adventure often times gets them in trouble.

Hope that helped! :)

Darth MI

I would infer that Aries is the least disciplined of the fire signs. I may also like to add that Aries is probably the least disciplined of the zodiac. Aries is the first house, signifying all that is primitive. As you go up to the 11th and 12th houses, Aquarius and Pisces, you will see that intuition and intellect are sought out by that individual vs primitive desires. Not to say that an Aquarian is not impulsive and takes on many lovers, but their intellect succeeds instinct.

I'd say that the most disciplined fire sign is Leo. They are very concerned about their public image, therefore, they will attempt to make it immaculate. Sagittarians have the most intellect of the fire signs, but their desire to create adventure often times gets them in trouble.

Hope that helped! :)

This is a VERY SUPERFICIAL understanding of the sign of Aries.

To understand Aries, one must picture the common steroetype of soldier thugs. Sure they may spend much of their fretime getting drunk and have hot tempers to flare into fights, but many rogue soldiers suddenly transform themselves into remarkable disciplined people once in the barracks and moreso in the battlefield.

An even better example is the steroetypical jock. He frequently slacks off playing Halo or watching TV rather than studying which is why he gets straight Ds. He often enjoys jestering around in class and playing pranks on other students as well as getting into fights. But once he goes on the track field, he suddenly becomes incredibly grim and serious to the point he's has all the ideal traits a straight A honor roll student should have. In tournaments he may even push himself to the point of injury or risking death.

That is exactly why Aries is seen as the sign representing warfare. Most war heroes were never disciplined people in their civilian lives and after the war many revert to terrible habits and may even become fat quickly. But during their time in the military they were so serious about it they push themselves like hell to the point they performed superbly in the battlefield.

Aries is much the same way. The ram may be a stupid fool brash and impulsive most of the time but when its time to get serious and especially if it involves their interest they transform themselves into becoming as cold and stoic as Capricorn and Scorpio is.

And even than, if we take into account discipline is so subjective and that there are different types of it, Aries is easily more disciplined than any other sign physically except for Virgo (and Virgo is more on dietary and health than athleticism). Even when not into sports, Aries has a love for athletics and physical competition, something the traditionally disciplined signs such as Capricorn lack.

Leo is nowhere close to being disciplined (unless there is a strong Scorpio, Virgo, or Capricorn influence). Concerned about reputation? Only about getting praises themselves that appeals to their ego. In fact they are often childish if the attacks on their reptuation does not match their perceive self-image of how awesome they think they are.

Nevermind the fact Leo is easily the MOST HEDONISTIC and EXTRAVAGANT of the Zodiac along with Libra and thus the easy winner of the fire signs. Even for an element that wastes burning shockingly fast, Leo will cashburn on VERY USELESS STUFF that merely appeases their ego such as fancy clothes and jewelry. At least Aries concentrates on sports and Sagittarius on intellectualism and religion (stuff that bring back longterm gains or at least are seen as worthwhile by universities). Leo doesn't have an ounce of checking discount shopping (averted with strong Earth or Water influence).

Even Aries, known to shop with impulsiveness, become as trifty and frugal as Cancer if the time calls for it (such as staying in the battlefield for months) and they will spend thier money on the highest quality passable rather than superficial fancy stuff (hence the same reason why athletes spend so much money on the best running shoes-it may not seem much but expensive running shoes give a great edge in running and lasts much longer than your generic Walmart shoes-that should explain it).

That is exactly why Germany is seen as the EMBODIMENT of the SIGN of ARIES.

England is also another sign consider to be Aries in nature and look at the nature of the English people-in peacetime they are defintiely reckless and even hedonistic but when war comes they come out as incredibly stoic, patience, and frugral. The way they endured the bombings during 1941 is a testimony to how Aries is like when the time calls for it to be serious.