Grand Cardinal Cross

Ronia

If you're looking at exact degrees, yes, and particularly for a cross with Mars. But for me it all started with the exact square of Pluto and Uranus which was from time to time turned into a cross with the participation of the other planets, be it Mercury and Moon, or Venus and Moon, or Mercury and Jupiter, etc. If it touches something important in the chart, I think you should have felt t already, regardless what planet or lunation triggered it and such we have had quite a few. IMHO, of course.

I, for one, am not particularly happy about the exact degrees as I've seen quite a bit of an impact from this whole thing and it wasn't pleasant.

Barleywine

I'm kind of conflicted about the observable effects of outer-planet transits these days, unless they're reinforced by transits of faster-moving planets and unless the orbs of those are quite tight. Having come out of the "humanistic" astrology of the 1970s, I was always of the "interchangeable Lego-block" persuasion when it came to planetary potencies as rendered in psychological terms. But the more I delve into traditional methods, the more I believe things don't work quite that way. One of those is the heightened significance of "partile" contacts. Another is the idea of "planetary strength," as reinforced by a number of factors. On the other hand, my mother-in-law strongly shows the earmarks of the Uranus-Pluto square occurring exactly at the time of her Uranus return (although I think at her age it may be more the norm than the exception). I'm watching very closely as Mars, Moon and Sun link into that next week.

Ronia

I understand you very well. Since I joined the forum here and thanks to Minderwiz's threads on traditional astrology I've become quite interested and I never exclude any method, I keep learning and trying. I also follow my time lords, etc. However, I personally have experienced Pluto particularly and not once. Now I'm a Scorpio but I don't think this should make a planet play out or not, regardless if it's a ruler or not. Because with Mars it's 50/50 for me. Sometimes very easy to see how he plays out, sometimes absolutely unexistent. And this considering that I follow my progressions and solar arc as well plus any returns. In a few words, I know astrology enough to follow quite a few charts at a time to get a grasp of a planet's influence so I'm not lost and I don't think I'm missing something significant. With Pluto I am myself's own witness that he delivers. Uranus is now a new territory for me as he is exactly aspecting natal planets in the 8th + Pars Fortunae. I can also safely say that since he entered my 2nd things have become just nightmarish financially. No security, no stability, it's all day by day. He also squared lord 2 by the way, same degree as natal Pluto. Otherwise, it seems to me he delivers when and if triggered. I also noticed he often (but not always)delivers when he turns retro, the first 2 minutes of a degree mostly, quite interesting, he is not retro in the natal chart. I'm also watching closely but hoping for better with no good reason really. :)

Barleywine

I homed right in on your observations about Scorpio, Pluto and Mars. I have Scorpio rising and Mars in Virgo elevated in the 10th within a few degrees of the MC. I spent 31 years in a technological field as a manager and technical/legal writer. Pluto is in the 9th House in Leo, widely conjunct Saturn. But the interesting thing is that Mars is exactly semi-sextile to the mid-point of Pluto and Saturn, yoking them together and drawing their influence forward into the career arena. (My career was in the nuclear power field, for which Pluto, Mars and Saturn make an appropriate "signature.") Traditional astrology sees Mars in my chart as peregrine since the semi-sextile is discounted and there are no other aspects beside a quintile to the Mercury-Venus conjunction. Pluto isn't recognized either, and certainly not as the ruler of Scorpio. But I have seen the evidence of both Mars and Pluto in my natal chart as they relate to 9th and 10th House matters, so I'm not ready to throw Pluto out just yet. Uranus and Neptune, on the other hand, are decidedly more invisible.

Ronia

That's interesting, how both rulers of the Ascendant are connected. And the 10th house placement sounds well to me. It explains your managerial position, IMO. As about the outers, in my opinion they all perform. I have Neptune as lord 2 (exactly sextiled by Pluto) and when I had a Neptunian profession I was very well off. Sadly, it didn't last long but this was my choice and mistake heavily influenced by a Saturn transit which put me through a major test. Not finished yet. LOL