Venus Return

strangebrew

Hello :)

My Venus return is coming up this month and i drew up a chart for it, and did a synastry with my natal. Can anyone see if there is anything significant coming up for me?
Thanks x

Ronia

In my opinion this transiting Venus is not at its natal position. It seems at least half a degree apart. The Venus return must be the exact degree and minute as it is in the natal chart. It takes a while to catch it but it's important. Then look at the angles of the Venus return chart. In my experience, the only way it works is when and if there are male planets (assuming you're female) on angles such as Mars, Sun and Saturn. IMHO, of course. Usually the nature of the planet describes the person and the angle being activated describes the nature of the connection and can also give a clue of what the whole thing will be about.

Minderwiz

In my opinion this transiting Venus is not at its natal position. It seems at least half a degree apart. The Venus return must be the exact degree and minute as it is in the natal chart. It takes a while to catch it but it's important.

Your opinion is spot on. :)

Just to remove any doubt I cast the Venus Return with four different programs. They all agree that the Venus Return occurred at 20:07 GMT (21:07 BST) on 25th October 2014, that's nearly sixteen hours before the chart that Astrodienst produced (Daylight Saving ended in Europe on Sunday 26th, which is why I've given the GMT time for the Return).

Whilst this doesn't change the biwheel significantly (the Return still occurs in the eighth house, in my opinion it's not the bi-wheel that is important. The Return will always occur in the same natal house that the planet was in at birth. That's true of all returns, so it doesn't really add much to our knowledge. It does tell us something about the other transiting planets but the better focus is on the Return Chart itself. As Ronia says, the Chart would be more significant if Venus is angular at the time of the Return. In fact she is in the fifth house by Whole Sign and by Quadrant System Placidus & Regiomontanus).

In both Natal and Return charts Venus is combust (and will probably be Combust more often than not in Returns). In this Return Venus is almost Perfectly so. Medieval Astrologers might well treat her as Cazimi. That would give her some significance for the year, but I must admit I don't really see this condition as being any different from normal Combustion. It certainly is a Medieval addition to Astrology.

The Return Chart also has Saturn in Scorpio and Saturn is the Out of Sect Malefic. The separation though is more than would be required to conclude that Venus will suffer significantly from this.

There are a couple of other point of note for Return charts generally. Our friend Dave (Dadsnook2000) would correct Solar Returns for precession, and that is certainly something that could be carried out here.

Secondly there is also the issue of re-location. That would cast the chart for the location that Strangebrew was at when the Return occurred. Morin is generally credited with introducing that as a major feature of interpretation and it's now widely used. That could shift the position of Venus both in the Return Chart and in the Natal Chart, especially if it's a permanent move.

Interpretation depends on Venus' natural significations and her significations in the natal chart. In this case Venus rules the Seventh of partnership and marriage and the second of material possessions using the natal chart for Nuneaton. By Whole Sign Houses, Venus is placed in the eighth house, which is 'Idle' in Hellenistic Astrology and therefore 'unfortunate' an interpretation which is still used today. That makes it more difficult for Venus to successfully manifest her promise. I don't mean that she never will, simply that it's not an easy process and may not always produce the desired results. By Placidus and other Quadrant Systems she is in the seventh though removed from the Descendant by virtually a whole sign, I wouldn't treat her as being angular natally.

Natural significations are a like of jewelry, decorations and ornaments, the arts in general, and being artistic or musical, artistic grace and refinement. Venus rules marriage, and social activities. Through her connection to relationships in general, Venus has rulership of trade and mercantilism and careers related to those. The natal rulerships in this chart thus coincide with what Venus is naturally trying to signify.

Lastly, the Traditional Approach sees Solar Returns (and from this I deduce all other returns) as being interpreted in the light of other conditions. In the Seventeenth Century this was any Primary Directions in force. Before the attention paid to Primaries, it would be the Time Lords in force at the time of the Return.

The chart therefore is not a stand alone one. It has to be related back to the Natal Chart and to charts and periods derived from that.
-

dadsnook2000

A different return chart

When I do a Return chart, I always let the transiting chart define the angles and place the natal chart such that it is reoriented relative to the Return chart. It provides a picture of how the Return of Venus-to-Venus (in this case) will required the natal planets to adapt to new ways of expressing themselves. Dave

dadsnook2000

More on my reply

The chart shown can be seen as merely a transit chart to the natal chart at a time when Venus happens to be transiting to the natal Venus position. The difference between such a transit chart and a return chart is that the time of the Return governs the orientation of the Return chart and the natal planets are re-positioned, house-wise, in relation to the Return chart. This reveals the nature of the Return, why the Return is different from previous and future returns, why the focus on Venus (in this case) is so important. Dave