Flonz Victorian Lenormand

baylys

OMgoddess!! Your Ring is so touching and such a sweet tribute to your Gparents' commitment. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Your line drawings are so precise and beautiful! Yeah, you could totes do both: Baylys's Victorian Lenormand and Flonz's!

Girrrrrrl, you got it going on!! ;) *high five*

Thank you <3

baylys

The Sun

It started off life as this
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362208969.561296.jpg
It is an old victorian sun pendant for a necklace.

I got the basic shape an outlines going on, but then I couldn't figure out a) the the designs in the rays were, and b) how I was going to draw them.

So I googled Fleur de lis and found an image that I liked. I then had a play to see how it would fit inside the rays. Then I turned it upside down and it just looked totally right.

Here comes the sun, pretty darling.......
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362209139.526044.jpg

ETA: at a push I guess it could also double as the Star card

ladybird

AWESOME!!! LOVE IT!!

How come you say you are not an artist?! :O You must have some design experience or background?!!!

baylys

Nope, no experience, just a ruler, compass and a protractor. Geometric designs are quite easy. It's freeform I struggle with.

And, by turning the rays of the sun inside out, I have accidentally created the design for the back of the cards :D

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362210857.607502.jpg

Lutestring

wonderful drawings, baylys! i've only just caught up on this thread.

baylys

Hey Lute! Thanks for that and so nice of you to stop by :D

ladybird

Nope, no experience, just a ruler, compass and a protractor. Geometric designs are quite easy. It's freeform I struggle with.

And, by turning the rays of the sun inside out, I have accidentally created the design for the back of the cards :D

View attachment 62429

I haven't used a compass nor a protractor since high school! You're inspiring me to add them to my art supply arsenal. :) Fantastic work you are doing!

kalliope

I've been busy the past few days, but I'm loving the updates and new card uploads. I especially love the card back design!

baylys

Managed to get an easy one done in a few minutes I had at work today.

The scythe
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362299774.343759.jpg

baylys

The moon

Took a while, couldn't really concentrate but got there in the end

This is Galileo's moon, his drawing from 1610 when he first looked at the moon through the telescope he invented.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362358937.319529.jpg

My version
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362358981.412133.jpg