Major Tom's Tarot of Marseilles

baba-prague

Death in boxer shorts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I give in, I have to have this deck!

I notice that Diana has gone strangely quiet - speechless perhaps? ;-)

Le_Corsair

To escape from the Unnamed, all one would have to do would be to flee into a business with one of those signs that say:

NO SHIRT
NO SHOES
NO ADMITTANCE!

This is a good card.

Bob :THERM

Major Tom

M-Press said:
I LOVE the un-named trump!!! My fave!

Thanks very much M-Press. :) The name of the deck will remain Major Tom's Tarot of Marseilles. ;)

Karen and Bob - Have a look at the card I've attached - I've put a red circle on the appropriate detail. Death always was wearing those shorts. :laugh:

Attachments

• image6.jpg
    image6.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 95

firemaiden

...yes, in my Camoin, Death is even wearing somthing of that same blue, but perhaps it is not boxer shorts, more of a wrap around towel sort of thing.

I like that this card is closer in every other way to the original -- it makes the detail that is different (the boxers, ROFL) really stand out.

Major Tom

firemaiden said:
I like that this card is closer in every other way to the original -- it makes the detail that is different (the boxers, ROFL) really stand out.

This is what I'm trying to achieve with all the cards - the only details I've changed are the clothing which I've tried to make modern. And actually, the head on the bottom right of the card is wearing a baseball cap rather than a crown. ;)

Jewel-ry

Major Tom,

I love the un-named trump! The boxers are a really different touch and I really like the shading of the sky hinting at the new day being just over the horizon.

The idea of the 'Un-named Marseille' is brilliant, you could even put this card on the outside of the box.

Great!

J :)

Major Tom

Jewel-ry said:
I love the un-named trump!

The idea of the 'Un-named Marseille' is brilliant, you could even put this card on the outside of the box.

Thank you Jewel-ry. :)

Gosh! Another vote for "Un-named Marseilles"! Doesn't naming it "un-named" sort of defeat the purpose of leaving it un-named?

Doesn't anyone like the name "Major Tom's Tarot of Marseilles"?

Diana

Major Tom: I like it. I vote for it. And I will lobby for it in all the corridors of the Tarot-Parliament.

Why should your Tarot not have a name? Your name....

Just think: Your name associated forever to the Ur-Tarot. You will go down in history books, and our great-great-grandchildren will praise your name. :)

All hail to Major Tom!

baba-prague

Stick with Major Tom's Tarot of Marseille because that way we all get to shorten it to MTTM, which is nice!

Major Tom

I've just uploaded the Temperance card to Major Tom's Tarot of Marseilles website.

Please have a look and tell me what you think - whether you love it or hate it - all comments are welcome. :)