Past Life - Karma Study

Catpaw

I am seeking others to study past life - karma possibilities through use of spreads from a book on the topic by Edan Grey. Anyone intereted?

Catpaw

mooncat2

Hi Catpaw,

Most definitely interested - I love doing past lives readings with the aim of uncovering the issues faced in the present life. Fascinating stuff.

Cerulean

Please, which book?

I've almost put my Eden Gray books in the 'for used bookstores' box...still sorting through. I do like my Karmic Tarot book so much, that I've been using that one for such things

Which book and page, please?

Thank you!

Cerulean

Catpaw

Ok, let's see hpw we can do this

MoonCat and Cerulean -- ok, I have not planned how to do this but think if we keep it to the three of us it might be manageable. So, how to start -- we could do the first reading in the book for oursleves and post to get feedback, does this seem logical and workable? Any ideas are welcome!

Catpaw

Invoking Pentacle Spread

OK, Fromt he book by Edain McCoy called Past-Life & Karmic Tarot, here is my first reading. Comments please as I have never done this before. I used the Robin Wood Deck.

1. Card releated to earth and speaks to us of our physical selves, occupation, animals, finances, homes, ad families. (Hanged Man)

2. Card related to water and gives us insight into the spiritual, intuitive, and psychic forces that have combined to make us who we are. (5 Cups)

3. Card related to fire and the energy of passion, courage, stamina, and transformation. A strong card in this position indicates positive changes; a weak card indicates stagnant thinking or obstinacy. (Knight of Wands)

4. Card related to air and our thoughts, studies, intellect, and powers of communication. The thoughts and communication shown by this card are not necessarily truthful or correct, but they are a part of our past and helped make up the energies and events that shape our current self. (Temperance)

5. Card represents our relationship to our spirit/inner center, a place where all the other elements (cards 1-4) meet and blend within us. If one or more of these elemental energies are weak or excessive it can pull us away from our proper place -- in our spiritual center seeking guidance from our higher consciousness. This card should give us insight into how to best accomplish our "best self." (Ace of Cups)

6. Card gives an overall impression of the currnet you as shaped by the four elements and spirit. (2 Cups)

My interpretation: (1) In my physical past I struggled with life in all aspects but I also had the chance to look within or to try for a higher calling, to sacrifice for the good of others. (2) Connecting with the first card, the second card (5 Cups) shows deep sorrow, hurt that accompanied the struggles and sacrifices. Yet as the 2 cups standing show, a gate is opening for healing. (3) The Knight of Wands in the wands/fire posiition is strong and indicated courage and passion for my pst life's calling. Plenty of energy to go forward with the work for the grater social good. (4) Temperance shows that much thought and a calm attitude is required to avoid extrmes during difficult times. (5) The spirit is represented by the Ace of Cups, and supports the loving and caring for others (empathy) which brings a feeling of fulfillment and joy, but perhaps at the price of being alone. (6) Overall, my current self needs to break away from the struggles of the past and let the love and caring that is within my soul come through.

============================
Past Life & Karmic Tarot by Edain McCoy
Published by Llewelyn
Copyright 2004

mooncat2

Catpaw - I don't actually have the book - its just on my wishlist at present . Is that going to be a problem?

This first spread I can do, I think, by following your example.

Cerulean

First will post mine, then comment on yours

1. Card related to earth and speaks to us of our physical selves, occupation, animals, finances, homes, & familes. (Ace of Pentacles - Opulence)

2. Card related to water and gives us insight into the spiritual, intuitive, and psychic forces that have combined to make us who we are. (9 Swords -Authority)

3. Card related to fire and the energy of passion, courage, stamina, and transformation. A strong card in this position indicates positive changes; a weak card indicates stagnant thinking or obstinacy. (Page of Swords - Vigilence)

4. Card related to air and our thoughts, studies, intellect, and powers of communication. The thoughts and communication shown by this card are not necessarily truthful or correct, but they are a part of our past and helped make up the energies and events that shape our current self. (6 of Cups - Inertia)

5. Card represents our relationship to our spirit/inner center, a place where all the other elements (cards 1-4) meet and blend within us. If one or more of these elemental energies are weak or excessive it can pull us away from our proper place -- in our spiritual center seeking guidance from our higher consciousness. This card should give us insight into how to best accomplish our "best self." (Three of Cups-Success)

6. Card gives an overall impression of the current you as shaped by the four elements and spirit. (4 of Wands - Tranquility)

This shows me in the past I was driven by a need for comfort and security (Ace of Pentacles) and came from circumstances that had some rigidity and a somewhat stern discipline that was protective (9 of Swords in relation to the Page of Swords). The drive suggested outward success was measured by material comfort, but a listless mood and stagnation occurred when the objective aim was for money alone. (6 of Cups) In the case of work or situations were measured by material goods, my reaction was keeping thoughts to myself and not acting upon my deeper ideas and impulses. (Page of Swords, 6 of Cups) However there was an instinct and moves to listen to my higher, inner drive (3 of Cups) and a sacrifice of comfort and worldly success to make peace with the inner sanctum inner drives. (4 of Wands)

I hope that seems clear. While I used a different deck with keywords listed, I think I like the spreads used quite a bit...however I only did card pulls for my friends and sister and did a rapid verbal analysis of keywords and ideas.

Cerulean

Cerulean

Looking at Catspaw's reading

1. Card related to earth and speaks to us of our physical selves, occupation, animals, finances, homes, ad families.

(Hanged Man) - there was a period of waiting and sacrifice, perhaps paying your dues as you strove toward some unique end.

2. Card related to water and gives us insight into the spiritual, intuitive, and psychic forces that have combined to make us who we are.

(5 Cups) - the waiting and upsets did have some lingering hurt and residual memory of pain, even though there was some benefits and good aimed for as well.

3. Card related to fire and the energy of passion, courage, stamina, and transformation. A strong card in this position indicates positive changes; a weak card indicates stagnant thinking or obstinacy.

(Knight of Wands) - this energy is all about courage and passion, which makes for positive movement toward transformation.

4. Card related to air and our thoughts, studies, intellect, and powers of communication. The thoughts and communication shown by this card are not necessarily truthful or correct, but they are a part of our past and helped make up the energies and events that shape our current self.

(Temperance) - There is a beautiful, softer and melding energy which means not only are you burning up and stirring up flame to work things out, but you also are pouring back into your source of inspiration and also giving sustenance to the thirsty earth around you. Therefore, you are helping yourself and others in your quests (like this thread).

5. Card represents our relationship to our spirit/inner center, a place where all the other elements (cards 1-4) meet and blend within us. If one or more of these elemental energies are weak or excessive it can pull us away from our proper place -- in our spiritual center seeking guidance from our higher consciousness. This card should give us insight into how to best accomplish our "best self."

(Ace of Cups) - following your inspiration and spiritual resources has been a strong source of healing, strength and passion, also success in expressing your best self.

6. Card gives an overall impression of the current you as shaped by the four elements and spirit.

(2 Cups) - There is a partnership among your various aspects, environment and even those around you, an alliance that will be helpful and strong to keep up your inspiration and passion. If you find likeminded individuals around you or start study with others, you will gain benefit and satisfaction...and you will feel and fill a difference in the positive aspects of growth. Instead of thinking the missing cups of long ago that felt like you spilled and was a problem of regret, you will come to see that you choose to give, inspire, share with the cups of Temperance. The energy spilled into the two of cups as an alliance or partnership in harmony with your inner wishes and strength.

Hope this spin makes for a fresh outlook on your reading...

mooncat2

1. Card related to earth and speaks to us of our physical selves, occupation, animals, finances, homes, ad families. (Hermit)

2. Card related to water and gives us insight into the spiritual, intuitive, and psychic forces that have combined to make us who we are. (7 Swords)

3. Card related to fire and the energy of passion, courage, stamina, and transformation. A strong card in this position indicates positive changes; a weak card indicates stagnant thinking or obstinacy. ( 8 Wands)

4. Card related to air and our thoughts, studies, intellect, and powers of communication. The thoughts and communication shown by this card are not necessarily truthful or correct, but they are a part of our past and helped make up the energies and events that shape our current self. (Emperor)

5. Card represents our relationship to our spirit/inner center, a place where all the other elements (cards 1-4) meet and blend within us. If one or more of these elemental energies are weak or excessive it can pull us away from our proper place -- in our spiritual center seeking guidance from our higher consciousness. This card should give us insight into how to best accomplish our "best self." ( King Wands)

6. Card gives an overall impression of the current you as shaped by the four elements and spirit. ( 7 Wands)

A life spent on the land caring for animals, a love of nature and a longing for solitude and to find a spiritual path of my own (Hermit).In the past shyness made group participation difficult and so many times I simply ran away (7 Swords). The drive for change and transformation was strong and I've reached out and grasped opportunities for personal transformation ( 8 Wands). Getting out into the world and actually 'doing ' is another thing - I have a vision but all that (Emperor) energy is only in the mind. The spirit is strong (King Wands) but too influenced by past emotional patterns. Currently , I know I've come a long way and have a strong belief in myself but I'm still in a position where I feel threatened by the outside world.

Quite tricky - didn't know what to think when confronted with all those wands - a fire person I am not! I'll add some comments to the other readings later today.

Catpaw

Feedback on Catpaw Reading

Cerulean, thanks for the feedback and your comments. I printed them and will digest further. I have your reading and that of Mooncat and will provide my comments soon. I am over worked this week and may not get to these until Friacy evening or Saturday.

Catpaw