Manga Tarot: The Chariot

tarotreader2007

This card seems a lot more different than other chariot cards. There is a person in what looks like a snow disk for sledding holding a sword parallel above her/his? head. Dressed in green with battle armor and the traditional sphinx painted on the chest plate. Half black half white on gold.

Color-Green
Season-Summer

The interesting part in this is that the "snow saucer" is being held by two servants in subserviant clothing beneath the main person on the card. It's as if, although triumph will be gained, others will have to suffer.

tarotreader2007

**PEACE**

annik

It makes me think of the Village Chief in Astérix. But on this card, it is more serious. The one sitting on the shield doesn't even look at the two servant holding the shield. He is also putting his swords over his head, as if to put it unaccessible to others (or give them a challenge)

RiccardoLS

annik said:
It makes me think of the Village Chief in Astérix.

It made me think the same. I confess!!!!!

ric

Alan Ross

I like the half white/half black sphinx engraved on the warrior's armor. It's reminiscent of a yin/yang symbol and also the sphinxes in the RWS version. A slightly different way to convey the same significance. Interesting that she is being borne aloft on her shield by servants or slaves. Perhaps the slaves are the vanquished enemy, now serving her. BTW, I do believe the warrior is female. This card traditionally portrays a male figure, but this particular deck consistently reverses gender in each card.