LS Pagan Tarot - the Court cards

sharpchick

If there is a drawback to this deck for me, the Courts are it. The association of masculine and feminine energies solely with suits bugs me, as I typically read those energies based upon the assignment in the Court. . .so I have a hard time with seeing the Chalice Courts as all feminine energy, Swords as all masculine, etc.

Anyone else have difficulty with the Courts?

annik

What bugs me is the elementals of swords and of pentacle. I know it is done iin the spirit of the suit but I don't see the connection with the other court cards of their respective suits.

sharpchick

Look who is and is not wearing shoes

This is fascinating to me - the first time in almost two years of owning and reading with this deck that I have seen it and it clicked.

The Novice, Initiate and Elder of Pentacles are not wearing shoes. Their bare feet are on the earth, indicating to me that they are well grounded. The other suits' courts are wearing shoes, with the exception of the Elemental of Chalices (and she's underwater) and the Novice of Chalices. I think I see her bare toes peeking out from under her robe. (As far as I can tell, the Initiate and Elder of Chalices are wearing sandals.)