Vedic Gemstone Substitutes

Labhraín

Hello,

I would like to know if when a gemstone or semi-precious stone is not among the nine vedic gemstones or their alternative gemstones, is it ok to wear that gemstone?

I have been prescribed blue sapphire, diamond and emerald by a vedic astrologer and gemologist. I have my eye on a ring that has a labradorite stone in it. I haven't seen labradorite listed anywhere amongst any information on substitute vedic gemstones. I was told what stones to stay away from, but labradorite and for that matter, all the many other stones out there, were not mentioned, just a few were mentioned to me.

So, my question is, if it's not on the list of "ok" stones, and you weren't told not to wear it, how do you know if you can wear that stone or not?

AquarianGoddess

My thought on this matter is if you FEEL attracted to the stone, then by all means wear it and forget about if it's on a "yes" list.

MCsea

AquarianGoddess said:
My thought on this matter is if you FEEL attracted to the stone, then by all means wear it and forget about if it's on "yes" list.

I agree completely
Sometimes it is important to follow rules but with crystals - karmic stones - rocks their energy is timeless and the right crystal ring will come for you at exactly the right time to help you

IMHO Labradorite resonates with Aquarius 29
Key Word: Emanation
Labradorite promotes emotional and spiritual awakening, joy and wonder.

Labhraín

I agree with both of you, AquarianGoddess and MCsea. I thought the same exact thing: that if the stone feels right, it's right for you. Labradorite was not a "yes" stone as I was told, but I feel it's a "yes" stone for me. Of course, this principle would apply to any other stone as well.

Thank you both for your responses. They really helped. I had been searching the Internet for a place to post my question, and then I thought, why don't I just ask my friends at Aeclectic? It was a no-brainer. Thanks!

- Labhraín

CastleCrest

Labradorite is a feldspar (sp?) which is the same as a moon stone.
Not sure of the nine vedic gemstones or their alternative gemstones?

I hope that helps!