Can this Mars Retrograde mess be repaired?

214red

thanks to all of you for not only giving the reading but explaining things very thoroughly, its been interesting to read

DarkElectric

I'm personally amazed by it all.
I'm reading the "Traditional Astrology" thread right now, and am trying to grasp the concepts. It's fascinating, and exceptionally in- depth.

214red

the amount of insight and teaching i have gained here has been amazing, Minderwiz, dadsnook, and others have been invaluable in the information they have taken their time to pass on.

DarkElectric

214red said:
the amount of insight and teaching i have gained here has been amazing, Minderwiz, dadsnook, and others have been invaluable in the information they have taken their time to pass on.

I'm also impressed by the kindness and patience the good folk here have shown to someone (like me!) who is terribly inexperienced in the discipline of Astrology.

Thanks again, so very much.

Minderwiz

Thanks DE,

I've cast a chart for 'Will he leave her?' (including your rider about your own presence) and will think about it and get back to you. One principle of horary is that you can't ask the same question twice in quick succession. This question is clearly different, even though it's concerned with the relationship, so we should get an answer.

In the light of your further comments about the wife, I am beginning to think that the wife should be the Venus figure in your first horary and the issue is that he is loathe to sever the knot - for all the reasons that you have outlined and seems to be more the problem than his daughter. I think that deep down that is what has been concerning you, as you seem fairly relaxed about taking on the daughter and indeed seem already to have established a good relationship, albeit at a distance. The drugs might also account for his showing no interest in you in the previous horary.

Oh - I enjoy being able to practice my Astrology, so please don't think that it creates any obligation at all, I am learning and enjoying the process.

DarkElectric

Minderwiz said:
Thanks DE,

I've cast a chart for 'Will he leave her?' (including your rider about your own presence) and will think about it and get back to you. One principle of horary is that you can't ask the same question twice in quick succession. This question is clearly different, even though it's concerned with the relationship, so we should get an answer.

In the light of your further comments about the wife, I am beginning to think that the wife should be the Venus figure in your first horary and the issue is that he is loathe to sever the knot - for all the reasons that you have outlined and seems to be more the problem than his daughter. I think that deep down that is what has been concerning you, as you seem fairly relaxed about taking on the daughter and indeed seem already to have established a good relationship, albeit at a distance. The drugs might also account for his showing no interest in you in the previous horary.

Oh - I enjoy being able to practice my Astrology, so please don't think that it creates any obligation at all, I am learning and enjoying the process.

I'm glad I can help you as well. :)

I did a tarot reading on this too, (of course!) and the results indicate to me that he is indeed going to get the courage up to escape.
Nothing is ever carved in stone, but from this morning's reading it looks better, at least. If you'd like me to PM the results of the tarot reading to you, I'll be glad to.

He dislikes living in fear. I too think he's loathe to sever the knot, and it isn't because he's got any deep love for her, it's fear, finances and logistics. I've asked him what he fears the most, he said "Change".
Since change is the only constant in life, I'd think that for his own peace of mind he'd best get a grip on this change thing. It's not going to stop happening any time soon.

We had discussed canceling "The Plan" altogether several weeks ago, and he told me that would make him feel worse than going ahead with it, because he'd feel like a total coward and a wimp besides.

Minderwiz

Second Question

Well I've done the chart:

Question: Will he leave her (especially if I am present)?

The universe has a way of making it's point. If you examine the attached chart you will find that Virgo rises and Pisces is on the Descendant. So your significator is Mercury (again) and his significator is Jupiter (again).

Mercury is in the eighth house and is combust, two very big accidental debilities, and is still in Pisces so has massive essential debility. Mercury is much weaker than before, but being in Pisces, is received by Jupiter, so you love him. (which we already knew)

He is Jupiter in the seventh. As before he has major essential dignity and now a lot of accidental dignity because he's angular in the seventh.

In this case, I've got to assign Venus to his wife, as it's still a Day chart (but the answer would still be the same if I had used the Moon). The same thing comes over in terms of what he is interested in and motivated by, Himself and Venus (which is now his wife). Whether he loves her or not, he is under her sway, as you are under her sway. You (Mercury) do not appear in his motivations/interests.

Mercury is still moving away from Jupiter, so your presence will not help. He is firmly in his own house and sign - he's not moving anywhere The Moon cannot help you as she's combust, though in the Seventh. If she were his wife's significator she would be at home with him, though if you wish to clutch at straws, she is on the eighth cusp, which might be interpreted as leaving home. She is however in his Sign, Pisces, and therefore she loves him (or at least the present arrangements) and the Moon rules his fifth House of children and romance. OK he might not love her but she controls the child (will she get custody as the mother, if it comes to a divorce, instigated by him throwing her out?)

Either way I look at the significator of his wife, I don't get a situation where he is going to leave her. He is dependent on her. You may well be right that this is drug induced and Jupiter in Pisces seems to symbolise that condition.

The good news, such as it is, is that Jupiter is stronger than either signifcator of his wife. He could throw her out if he chose to do so.

The bad news is that the chart does not indicate any willingness on his part to do that. Indeed if she is Venus, he wants her, (or the life style) and if she is the Moon, she has occupation of his house and controls his child. Nothing that you can do will change this situation - he himself must change if things will move in your direction.

One ray of hope is that only 3 degrees of Virgo is rising - it's perhaps too early to get an answer, or rather now is too early to expect him to break the bond. That does not rule out hope for the future but I repeat, he will have to change and change quite radically for that to happen.

I know this is not the answer you want to hear and I realise you may choose to try anyway. But you have to face the real possibility of going out there and finding he's in no condition to fight and your situation relative to him is extremely weak. Once again you need to consider your actions carefully.

Sorry to bring bad news but I think you expected that result, even if you hoped for something much better. Again I wish you the very best for the future and if I could change the result I would but that is what the chart tells me.

Edited to supply the right chart LOL

Attachments

• DE Horary 2.JPG
    DE Horary 2.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 97

DarkElectric

Oh dear....
Thanks Minderwiz,
I'm trying to digest all of this.

I know "she" will get partial custody of the child, by law.
His plan is to tell her they're through, that he wants a divorce, and has told me he intends to completely walk away from the house, the money, everything, all he'll ask is that she take over the majority of their marital debt, ( she spends like a sailor. He hates it.) and grant him equal custody of the girl.
We'll see if he stays the course or not.
I'm beginning to get nervous about this. My plan is to be on a flight out on Monday March 29th, but that's 2 weeks away.

I'm confused about something here. You said the Moon is in his sign, Pisces. Did you mean his sun sign? "She" is Sun Sign Pisces, HE is Sun Sign Gemini, but as I'm learning, this doesn't have much influence. I'm trying not to be a goose here, I'm truly confused and trying to forget much of what I do know about the way modern astrology is put forth, with the predominance of the sun sign and all. Yes, I admit, I'm clutching at straws...

Astraea

Hi Dark Electric. I just want to say that I agree with Minderwiz' analysis of the chart. For whatever reasons, this man is right where he wants to be - strong in his own house and sign, calling the shots. Mercury (you) has no sway over Jupiter (him). I don't think that your presence on the scene would improve or expedite the situation, and might even stir the pot in an unproductive way.

As Minderwiz says, it's all up to the man at this point - his reasons for leaving must outweigh those for staying, and only he can position himself on that spectrum. If you were my client, I would advise you to proceed very cautiously, principally by stepping back and waiting to see what he actually does (or doesn't do).

DarkElectric

Good advice given.
Thank you so very, very much.

I am going to step back from this and take a watch and wait attitude.
When we last spoke on the phone,(Friday) he was exceptionally distressed when something I said in passing seemed to indicate that I'd changed my mind about going out there, but then when I explained that I'd be flying, not driving, he was quite relieved.

Watch and wait. 2 weeks can be forever, or it can be one flash of light.
I'll be watching carefully. I've already hedged my bets by flying out instead of driving. If I fly there, and things don't go well, I hop on a plane and come back.
Driving back would be much more difficult.

I also think that by my choice to fly there I've possibly gone with my paranoia, in granting the possibility that he'll chicken out, (which he has sworn he doesn't want to do, but...) because he knows if he calls me on the night of the 28th and tells me things went terribly, the daughter freaked out, all hell has broken loose, and not to come out, I'll only have lost $175. bucks on a flight, which he will probably send to me. (Although I'll be so angry I'll not be speaking to him again.)