MAAT Study Group- Prince of Coins

hunter

I picked this card when I asked what I can expect from this deck. I have a few questions.

What is the necklace of?

What is carved into the stone at the bottom of the picture?

This picture really tugs at my heart. It screams a story to me. This man is so deep looking.

juliecucciawatts

hunter said:
I picked this card when I asked what I can expect from this deck. I have a few questions.

What is the necklace of?

What is carved into the stone at the bottom of the picture?

This picture really tugs at my heart. It screams a story to me. This man is so deep looking.

What a great card to get for expectations of this deck. The Prince of
Coins is "the builder of the temple" he aligns with the cardinal direction
south, the hour of mid day, the summer solstice and he sits at the very
pinnacle of the MAAT Tarot wheel of the year. He also aligns with The Sun
card which is the joining of egg with sperm to create the child.
This also suggests the building of a temple.

The necklace is symbolic of his connection to Coins a simple gold
disk. The carving on the stone is the Aten an Egyptian solar symbol
coined by Akenaten the heratic king of 18th dynasty Egypt.
I chose it not because of Akenaten but because of it's beauty
and simplicity in expressing the Egyptian sun which in my opinion seems
brighter than the one here in north America.

Julie

juliecucciawatts

PS The story behind the prince if coins is that
he is building this magnificent temple for the
pharaoh and has taken a short break to have
some lunch. The Nile river stretches out before
him and he looks out from his high perch on top
of the stones. I'm sure there is more to this story
and someone will give us more information as we
journey forward.

hunter

Thank you so much! :) I've gotten to the worksheets for this card and really noticed these 2 things when I started the coloring part and the list of symbols, and just had no idea what they were.

I was tickled pink with getting this card, as a new deck relationship card, even before I knew what it meant. I've been going through a tough time lately and there is just something really special about the Prince of Coins. He just looks like he must be an awesome buddy to have in tough times. He looks like he knows stuff, but hasn't let it make him bitter, even though he has been there too.

Is the prince bandaged or just protecting himself from future injury?

I love the red bandanna. Red is the base chakra color and also known for strength and courage. It also looks smashing against the blue water and white stones.

juliecucciawatts

hunter said:
Thank you so much! :) I've gotten to the worksheets for this card and really noticed these 2 things when I started the coloring part and the list of symbols, and just had no idea what they were.

I was tickled pink with getting this card, as a new deck relationship card, even before I knew what it meant. I've been going through a tough time lately and there is just something really special about the Prince of Coins. He just looks like he must be an awesome buddy to have in tough times. He looks like he knows stuff, but hasn't let it make him bitter, even though he has been there too.

Is the prince bandaged or just protecting himself from future injury?

I love the red bandanna. Red is the base chakra color and also known for strength and courage. It also looks smashing against the blue water and white stones.

I think too he would be an awesome guy to have as a companion... Probably knows a lot of secrets on building temples to align with cosmic happenings. The red of his bandana keeps him grounded while he manifests these spiritual ideas. I'm not sure if his bandages are due to injury or for prevention of injury I'll let the reader decide...
When I picked a card to represent my relationship to this deck I got the high priestess. This made me laugh since a lot if this deck came thru dreams!
Julie

hunter

The High Priestess sounds so perfect for you!

I definitely want to add the part about the prince knowing secrets to my notes.

I was searching around your site and ended out at the "Students of Tarot" part and took the personality quiz. http://www.students-of-tarot.com/pers/index2.htm I got the Knight of Pentacles. I think that is kind of weird. That my personality type is the same card I picked for new deck relationship.

I guess I'm a bit of a narcissist, liking what I had picked so much. I feel a bit shallow now.

juliecucciawatts

Why feel shallow? Seems like just more confirmation
as well as a connection to the prince of coins... Very interesting!

hunter

Julie, can I please print out an enlarged copy of the Prince of Coins card to look down on my new MAAT altar, for a few days? I know you are pretty strict with copyright so want to ask you.

annik

I just love this Prince of Coins! He is cute! He have a good view around. Maybe he is assuming the role of sentry for now, as he rest. He can look far and he definitively have a splendid view at the scenery.