Margarete Petersen Study Group Proposal - with or without the deck!

firemaiden

Please do join Karen! We haven't gone over the cards really at all, I am just trying to get all the translations done so that people who don't know German will be able to use the deck, (and so that I can tempt them to join the study group). Most of these threads are just my (attempted) transation, with a few lonely posts of commentary from me. In the past few weeks interest has been rising, however.

Anyhow, as you can imagine, I am tickled pink to have someone interested in looking at the cards with!!

do you speak German?

EarthAngel2911

Hi firemaiden! I've been reading your posts on this forum, and I love what you have to say about MP's cards!

Unfortunately I don't speak German. :( But I did purchase a translation software in hopes that it will help. I have a few other German decks, and I'm one of those people who really enjoys the companion books. The Ananda Tarot has a nice fat companion book. Alas, it's all in German.

Do you speak German? I was assuming you do since you've been the one translating. :)

Blessings,
Karen

firemaiden

Hi Earthangel-- yes, I do speak German, (as well as French and Italian) it could be better, but I have been living in Germany for a few years, and it is eventually getting pretty fluent, I still find MP difficult to translate, she uses very philosophical and poetic language, so I end up having to look up many words. I am delighted to have you joining us here!

WolfSpirit

firemaiden, thanks for all the work you have put into the study group so far !
Now that I have my own deck I will join you in the ongoing discussion and maybe add something new to cards that have already been discussed.
It's great all the cards can be seen on-line as well, but it blocks me a bit to look at the screen all the time :(

firemaiden

I'm delighted you finally have your deck WolfSpirit!!! Looking forward to sharing with you. :)

lark

I'm so jealous Wolfspirit. What was your impression when you got your cards?

WolfSpirit

My first impression: this looks more than art study than tarot :D
Some cards look straightforward though, like the Death card.
The minors look more abstract than the majors.
Second thing I noticed were the hands and feet on some of the cards.

lark, hope you will get a mp deck too some day. This is a deck that is easier to get for Europeans I guess, it is not very expensive here.

firemaiden

Translations of the Major Arcana are now complete!!!!

EarthAngel2911

Congratulations!! I just have to thank you for all of your work in translating her poetry!! I know how much time it must take, especially for an entire deck, but your efforts are very much appreciated!! :)

Blessings,
Karen

firemaiden

Thanks for saying thanks! It sure is nice to know there are people who are actually appreciating them. :)