'Signed' Conver deck on eBay

Emily

Thats a different version - the backs are different and they are advertising it as around 120 years old. This seller seems to have managed to get hold of two very old Conver decks, if they are genuine.

The 78th Fool

Correct me if I'm wrong but that's the same seller - It's not the same deck however. The back design's different.

WHERE'S HE GETTING THEM FROM ?!?!?!????

Has he got a stash ??!! ??

Lee

That does seem a little odd, that he would actually have two. I wonder if there's something fishy going on...

-- Lee

ihcoyc

He gives his location as Nîmes, which is in the south of France. I suspect that old decks might not be too hard to find there, especially if you knew where to look.

The 78th Fool

I'm not quite sure - I live in London but no matter how hard I looked, it would be very difficult to find an original Rider Waite (not the U.S. Games facsimile I hasten to add !!).

That said, these T de M do look authentic - who knows....

At least JMD and a few others will be in with a chance again. Don't bid until the last minute though guys! Why bump the price up prematurely !!

jmd

The last one went way over my limit...

Though this one looks a little newer, it will very likely also be over my limit - and I'm also likely to be away at the time of closing :(

fyreflye

My guess is he's getting them from the $12.99 Thunder Bay Press set.

The 78th Fool

jmd said:
The last one went way over my limit...

Though this one looks a little newer, it will very likely also be over my limit - and I'm also likely to be away at the time of closing :(

Never mind JMD - I could always post you my AGM Muller Tarot de Marseilles Convos as a consolation prize!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jmd

With under one hour remaining (I refer to the latest Conver for sale), and already the price having exceeded my budget, I'll have to gracefully accept a consolation prize :D

...I already have the Convos, though - perhaps a genuine non-Conver 18th century Marseille-style deck? :):):)

jmd

Congratulations to the bidder (tsuichi) who picked it up for US$776 :)