Marseilles Seekers Thread (First Exercise)

mosaica

EnriqueEnriquez said:
Lets try to put into practice the ideas expressed in my two first ‘Eye-Rhyme’ essays.

EE, where are your "two first Eye-Rhyme essays"? I see the one on your website. Is there another one somewhere else?

I didn't make it here in time to join this group, but I'm hanging on every word and enjoying it very much. Thank you, EE.

Mosaica

EnriqueEnriquez

Hello Mosaica,

Thanks for your interest.

The two first essays are here:

http://marseille-tarot.blogspot.com/

I set that blog so all the essays can be seen for those who want it.

Best,

EE

firecatpickles

I promise I will have my exercise done tomorrow, teach.

Today was my first day of vacation!

EnriqueEnriquez

Great.

This has been a complicated week for me. I hope to give you feedback over all the exercises tomorrow, perhaps a general feedback, so I can post the next essay/exercise on Sunday.

Best,

EE

firecatpickles

2 Swords ~ 2 Cups ~ 2 Coins

Looking from right to left:

Black and gold shimmering, turning around and upside down, creates a fountain of bliss. Puppies are sticking out their tongues and being playful.

From the right, the “S” curve in the 2 Coins rises up and falls but then continues around and completes itself in the statues growing from the stalk in between the 2 Cups. It seems like this is the end—the playful puppies sticking out their tongues at one another, but this action continues on in the denouement, or disappointment of the crossed swords in the 2 Swords. There is a black finality in the last card on the left. It is almost as if it were post-coital depression settling in. In fact, one hardly notices the bundle of flowers in the center of the black swords, as if they were an afterthought; not carefully planned as the decoration on the other two cards. There is something hidden there, like prana waiting to be awakened at a future date.

EnriqueEnriquez

Objective Observation Prompts Intuitive Insight

Kilted Kat, you did great. In general all of you did great in this exercise.

The basic idea here is this:

OBJECTIVE OBSERVATION PROMPTS INTUITIVE INSIGHT

We observe, looking for eye rhymes and visual rhythms without projecting our intellectual understanding of the symbols on the cards, and once we have detected all these poetic patterns we allow an all-encompassing idea to label the essence of what we are seeing.

It is important not to start projecting meaning in each symbol, or we stop looking. We are trained to not seeing, but to be told what is in there to see. As soon as we think we know what an image is about we stop paying attention. That is why is so important to detect all eye rhymes before trying to detect a message.

I couldn’t wait and posted the next exercise already, in another thread. I think we will move on, and I will comment on the new exercises.

Best,

EE

firecatpickles

EnriqueEnriquez said:
Kilted Kat, you did great. In general all of you did great in this exercise.E

Thank you... And just my luck get three effin' pips----all twos lol

Satori

EnriqueEnriquez said:
OBJECTIVE OBSERVATION PROMPTS INTUITIVE INSIGHT

We observe, looking for eye rhymes and visual rhythms without projecting our intellectual understanding of the symbols on the cards, and once we have detected all these poetic patterns we allow an all-encompassing idea to label the essence of what we are seeing.

It is important not to start projecting meaning in each symbol, or we stop looking. We are trained to not seeing, but to be told what is in there to see. As soon as we think we know what an image is about we stop paying attention. That is why is so important to detect all eye rhymes before trying to detect a message.

Now, after finishing week four and coming back here to read this, I suddenly have a light shining above my head. I need to go back and really look at the exercise you set for us, week 4. I admit, I didn't work it as hard as the others, and I think I missed something.

I am wondering now if we might want to look at the letters in the alphabet....separately, because I don't know if they will always look the same. If the idea is that we keep the images fresh, perhaps E will not always be about reaching forward. it could be about three dead ends, about three rungs on a ladder.

E-can be a magnet.
E-can be a table turned on it's side, because you need to vacuum....

These exercises suddenly have all shifted. It is as if I have had a perceptual shift myself, dare I say, a paradigm shift.

I need to go off and think about this.

EnriqueEnriquez

Satori said:
These exercises suddenly have all shifted. It is as if I have had a perceptual shift myself, dare I say, a paradigm shift.

I need to go off and think about this.

:)

Keep us posted!

EE

Wendywu

It has been a long time since these threads were first posted but I have wanted to do these exercises for ages and am finally getting round to it. I do know that EE won't be responding, but I am hoping that anyone else hoping to work their way through the series of six exercises will join in.

Later I'll be looking at Le Fanu and Herzog's thread where they looked at the cards of the Dodal using eye rhymes.

Card 27 - Noblet

Feeling very diffident about this before I start.

Thinking about the card I feel a sense of anticipation mixed with waiting. Then an opening out, like a flower and me travelling towards the centre. If anything the flower is a daisy; just a common daisy that grows in lawns and makes them look so cheerful. More waiting. And "Who are you?". A feeling of assured, calm confidence. Very definitely though that feeling of waiting, and the confidence growing and flowering in me. It reminded me so much of how I feel when I am at work, behind my desk. I am in control. I know what I am doing and how to do it, and I know how it will turn out. After this long doing this job there are few surprises left.

Looking at Card 27 it turns out to be Le Bateleur. My initial reaction was "Well, I wasn't expecting him!" I don't know what I was expecting but Le Bateleur is a definite surprise.

Thinking about how he connects with the feelings I experienced earlier about card 27 I get a sense of how assured the man is. And I see that as he stands behind his table he waits, and there is a sense of anticipation. It's all a game to him, and he's interested to see if he will win again.

He is confident and he knows his target audience and projects an air of assurance. I can hear him talking with a slick patter, and the sub-text that the audience hear is "Believe in me .... have faith..... all is well .... would I lie to you?" But all the time his eyes look sideways away from me. I don't trust him much. A smooth, smooth con artist. This man waits, waits, promises, cajoles and then ... pounce! Also, he holds up what looks like a penis. To me it says "I'm gonna shaft you if I can". (sorry about the crudity but hey - it says what it says).

All those things/goodies out on display on the table. Carefully put there to make it look so easy, so open and inviting. But the eyes evade mine and slide sideways. Is he looking to see if there is someone else more interesting, more likely to fall for his promises? Is he simply bored brainless but has to finish the sales patter because his boss has told him to?

I can see him as the sort of sales assistant who is showing me some goods on his counter but is eyeing up the next customer who looks like they have more money to spend. Annoying in the extreme!

I think about how I feel at work - firmly in control, sometimes talking to clients in phrases I've used over and over because they work - my own slick patter. Stock sentences. But over all, that feeling of assurance and of knowing what I'm doing and how to do it. And of how interesting the day is when something different comes up.

The daisy that I saw earlier is echoed in the flower that grows at his feet. He wants to be surprised sometimes, wants something interesting to happen in his day. And enjoys it when the punters see straight through the line he is handing them! Cynical but fun, and oh, so bored with it all.

The next section is to look at my card in connection with three possible interpretations.

1. What is going on with the inheritance?
2. Will my cousin Jean find a man?
3. How do the results of my biopsy look?

The first - the inheritance. Everything is out in the open; we can all see what there is to be divided between the beneficiaries. The Will is there on the table. The man must act in accordance with the Will and it does look as though he is dividing things up properly and once he's sorted all that out everyone will get their share.

Next - will Jean fin a man? Well she will but he looks a bit shifty. It may have to be a bit of a trade-off - she gains the married state but in exchange for what? The man holds up a penis - is that what he offers? There's a coin in his other hand. So - he wants her money or goods in exchange for her gaining a man. The man she'll find is not the right one, unless she thinks such an arrangement will suit her.

Finally - what are the results of my biopsy? The results are in and they did several tests (see the any small things and tools on the table). The doctor is evasive. He looks away to my side and I want to know what or who he is looking at. I draw another card and place it in his line of sight. It is a 6 Deniers. This card looks to me to be two sets of two, and two sets of one. I see it as betting odds. Then I see the whole card as an operating table - with surgeons and medical people gathered around me (the grey flower) in the centre. The biopsy will reveal that a further procedure is needed.

I will do the next section of this thread's exercises tomorrow:

Place three cards at random in a horizontal row.

1. Try to describe the first experiential feeling the cards elicit as soon as I look at them. This can be a brief description.
2. Define if the sequence of cards follows a raising, falling or steady rhythm.
3. Detect as many eye rhymes as I can.

Also - I'll dig out my copy of The Castle of Crossed Destinies. It's ages since I read it and I think I will look at it differently this time round. It will be interesting to see the differences :)