Diary of Broken Soul

AngelC

sacredashes said:
:) Sending an email doesn't mean you've ordered a deck...

I do understand your reservations and it is perfectly fine. Somethings are meant to be while others are not.

If you feel you're not ready to take the plunge, perhaps it is a better option to sit this one out... I've been told that The Diary isn't for everyone. If you don't feel the need to jump right in, it may be telling you that you may not like this deck.... :heart:

Ash

Uhm... so you mean that just because I want to know if it's going to end up around $50 or $100 and don't want to be disappointed in the end finding out that some stupid money order is my only option (I shun those like the plague) - those simple questions means the deck isn't for me?

I really want this one, been following the thread for a long time so quite frankly your reply... I'm close to speechless here.
But fine, I'll send that email and see what happens.

Curtis Penfold

sacredashes said:
Hi Curtis :)

I can vouch for the real part... at least, a lot of the images were inspired by real people. I try to capture the moment and transfer that energy or essence to paper.

Glad you like them :).. at least, I'm glad they don't freak you out :p coz I still worry about that a lot.

Inspired by real people? Did you have models?

Freak me out?!? No way. When I see an all depressing and gore deck I'm a little like, "Whatever." But this deck! Man, it's like poetry. The images and concepts. Some are dark, but in the end, they all have a lot of hope. I do like it a lot.

divinemsm

This is really the first deck that I have been all freaked out and excited about for a personal reason. I can use any of my other decks to read for others without batting an eye. And I can ask my other decks superficial questions and get good results. But to ask one of them to show me who I am on the inside, to examine my thoughts and feelings on the deepest of levels, I just get blank stares. This deck represents, to me, the core of our being, really examining the depth of who we are. I am just so thrilled to finally find a deck I can do that with. I am hoping if we have it before the new year, that this will be the one deck that I will use for my year long process of sorting out who I am. A card a day, every day, then journalling on what it means only to me. Maybe, I will wait and print the LWB after I finish the year and compare notes. THAT would be kinda cool. Davina's writing is intense and soulful, and would probably put my frantic scribblings to shame...

shadowdancer

I too am visiting regularly, as I am curious as to how my text comes across outside of the word document I was using at the time. It is all well and good writing away on a computer for a while, but to see them in context with the images is going to be very different ball game. I am kinda nervous because I have no real memory of what I wrote so have fingers crossed it does make sense to you (and me!!)

Davina

ETA** text now up on the website

victoria.star

How exciting for you, Davina!
I am certain that your writings will be great and just what they need to be.
Congrats!

shadowdancer said:
I need to add that the scripts up with the Majors at the moment are not mine. I would not want to take credit for something I didn't write.

I too am visiting regularly, as I am curious as to how my text comes across outside of the word document I was using at the time. It is all well and good writing away on a computer for a while, but to see them in context with the images is going to be very different ball game. I am kinda nervous because I have no real memory of what I wrote so have fingers crossed it does make sense to you (and me!!)

Davina

truelighth

How great to see this thread here, so that more people can discover the Dairy. Good idea to start it, Davina!

I myself have been following this deck for a few years now and I absolutely love it. And I am SO glad it is being printed. Can't wait to finally hold it and use it.

Oh Ash, I just checked out the website and saw the cards I hadn't seen before. Wow, they are amazing! I love the new Star and the new Fool too. And that Ace of Wands, lovely. And how very odd, I made a Ace of Wands for a collaborative deck years ago (the Patchwork tarot) and it has the same theme. Also a flame... we do think alike it seems :-D. Ok, mine had a match, not a candle. But when I saw the cards, I immediately recognized it.

I am so glad to finally see those hidden cards, the last ones you made and didn't post before. Oh, that King of Swords is also great. Well, they all are really. Very excited!!! :D :D :D

shadowdancer

HI truelighth - :) good to see you hear too. I know we had both followed the progress on another forum.

Yep, I was taken by the new cards too. Sometimes it is a fine line between adding or changing to improve, and going too far whereby it doesn't work. Knowing when to put pen or paint down is not always easy, and I know Ash agonised over a couple as to whether they were right or not. I think she did improve on the previous ones IMO (Fool, Chariot, Star, King cups etc) so the changes were worthwhile.

Won't be long now before we get wind of her delivery from the printers.

Davina

sacredashes

AngelC said:
Uhm... so you mean that just because I want to know if it's going to end up around $50 or $100 and don't want to be disappointed in the end finding out that some stupid money order is my only option (I shun those like the plague) - those simple questions means the deck isn't for me?

I really want this one, been following the thread for a long time so quite frankly your reply... I'm close to speechless here.
But fine, I'll send that email and see what happens.

I'm sorry if the message came out the wrong way. I will have the answers shortly and when I do, it will be made known. Because I don't have all the answers just yet...but I do know that Paypal is the way to go about it... as for the rest, I'm in the midst of preperation. Just received the copies last night, fresh off the oven... :)

I think thre are a lot of factors folks will (and should) consider before deciding to get The Diary... and quite honestly, the price and method of payment are some part of that consideration process.. its the blokes (Jahanamians) you're inviting to your home.. I'm more worried about how they'll behave })

:heart:
Ash

sacredashes

Curtis Penfold said:
Inspired by real people? Did you have models?

Freak me out?!? No way. When I see an all depressing and gore deck I'm a little like, "Whatever." But this deck! Man, it's like poetry. The images and concepts. Some are dark, but in the end, they all have a lot of hope. I do like it a lot.

A lot of them a real people who trusted me with a small kodak moment of their lives... the models I did use.. its a lot more like I drew their "energy" and gave it a face. I hope that makes sense.

In the end, I think that's what I really wanted the The Diary to turn out to be.. an epic pictoral poem that shows us how to find our way out of the dark; rather than fear it's beaten path...because in truth, I think it is a beaten path. When we're there we don't really realise and its until we come out the other side; thats when we look back and learn so much more about ourselves and how we've coped with our circumstances.

I think its because you, kind sir, are a poet, thus it is easier for you to read the poetry in the pictures ;) It makes we so happy when the images touches people that way. Thank you :heart:

Ash

sacredashes

I think you guys will be more than happy with Davina's contribution because I love reading her insights on the cards and she did it all in :bugeyed: one week.

**truelighth.. you comment made me smile. You are a constant pillar of support all the way, my friend and you're one of the folks who got me going even when I felt its probably a good idea to just give up.

I remember how you inspired the creation of the Prophet of Conformity; we certainly do think alike :D

Dear Friends,

The gates to the land will be opening soon to receive visitors once again... :) Let's get ready for it, shall we?
... translation to English... the decks have arrived!! Yay!!! LOL

:heart:
Ash