Oracle of the Mermaids- Lucy Cavendish

Golden Angel

Hello...

I just got my Lucy Cavendish Oracle of the Mermaids today and was wondering if there is anyone else out there who has the deck and if so, how are you using it?

silvereye

I just placed my order, looking forward to its arrival!!!

Serenia

Is anyone using this? I've seen some images and most of the cards are really beautiful. I'm not sure, however, whether the cards are really that readable. Judging from the card titles and keywords, it looks not such much suitable for practical everyday questions?

I'm slightly afraid, though, if I give the deck a miss now, that I might regret it later. There might be a totally changed US version in a few months and then the original version won't be available anymore and I'd have to order it from Australia. :neutral: On the other hand, it's just another nice-looking oracle...

I'm not that much into this mermaid topic, but I like the images. Do I need this deck?

Carla

Is anyone using this? I've seen some images and most of the cards are really beautiful. I'm not sure, however, whether the cards are really that readable. Judging from the card titles and keywords, it looks not such much suitable for practical everyday questions?

I'm slightly afraid, though, if I give the deck a miss now, that I might regret it later. There might be a totally changed US version in a few months and then the original version won't be available anymore and I'd have to order it from Australia. :neutral: On the other hand, it's just another nice-looking oracle...

I'm not that much into this mermaid topic, but I like the images. Do I need this deck?

Do you need it? I'd say no. I decided no for all the reasons you listed. Really beautiful, but not much use for reading. It is just another nice-looking (but ultimately disappointing) oracle.

I'd say unless you have some sort of deep magical connection to the ocean, it's not something you'd use.

Serenia

Do you need it? I'd say no. I decided no for all the reasons you listed. Really beautiful, but not much use for reading. It is just another nice-looking (but ultimately disappointing) oracle.

I'd say unless you have some sort of deep magical connection to the ocean, it's not something you'd use.

Thanks for your feedback, Carla! I'm still on the fence, really. I do have some connection to the ocean, but not to mermaids in particular. Maybe I'll make it conditional on whether or not I can get the deck at a reasonable price...

Is anyone actively using the deck for readings?

Celtictarot

I have been using this deck for daily draws and had used this deck for a spread. Gave really detailed information. Interesting deck as it is one of the most detailed out there. And the deck art is amazing!

Serenia

I have been using this deck for daily draws and had used this deck for a spread. Gave really detailed information. Interesting deck as it is one of the most detailed out there. And the deck art is amazing!

Ah! Thanks! The box says something about relationship and romance readings - do you think the deck would be suitable for readings on other topics, too?

And how do you like the cardstock? A reviewer on Amazon said it is thinner than usual - do you find it too thin or is it okay?

Celtictarot

I think so as my daily draw was general. I did think the card stock is in a bit thin this time round as is the newer edition of the Dragonfae oracle. Buth really rather thin compared to the other decks.

Carla

Thanks for your feedback, Carla! I'm still on the fence, really. I do have some connection to the ocean, but not to mermaids in particular. Maybe I'll make it conditional on whether or not I can get the deck at a reasonable price...

I probably should have said that I don't care for any of Lucy Cavendish's decks. But I did look at this one because I'd like to be more in touch with the water element. Alas, I am still searching.

Serenia

Many thanks to the two of you! :) I'll have to sleep on this decision and then see how things turn out.