$100 Llewellyn Voucher - what would you buy?

tjejen

I just won a gift voucher worth $100 from Llewellyn Worldwide and I have NO idea where to start!!

I love the art of Jasmin Becket-Griffith and have all her work but love them more for the art than for divination.

I love my mythic deck and my druidcraft and wasn't really looking to buy anything at the moment so I don't have a current wish list.

I'd love some recommendations :)

ana luisa

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS !!! You lucky you !!!
I had a look at the decks you have and couldn't figure out the line of art that calls you. Druidcraft and Les Vampire are quite different, I must say. Now, to me, the MUST HAVE deck for any reader are:

Anna K. and Robin Wood.

Why ? They read like a dream, the colors pop out and the messages are clear as can be. It is true that the Lovers in the Robin Wood may offend some more prudish readers so if you're reading for others, you may want to have a look at this particular card.
Other decks that are also wonderful are the Legacy of the Divine, the World Spirit, Mystical Cats, and the list goes on. It really depends on your particular taste. I hope you find amazing decks and have a blast reading with them . :)

On a side note, I would buy the Les Vampires. Although it is not that popular, it gives a wonderful overview to any reading you make. Much better than the Oracle of Shadows and Light .

Scarlet Woodland

Congrats! :D

I would say definitely look into the Green Witch Tarot as it feels like my beloved Druidcraft's slightly younger sister :)

The Hidden Realm is absolutely stunning!
The Shadowscapes is another favourite of mine, though it does require excellent eyesight or a pair of reading glasses :bugeyed:
The Victorian Fairy Tarot is another very pretty Llewellyn deck that reads incredibly well.

If you like JBG's Les Vampires, I would definitely recommend the Tarot of Vampyres. Looks'll deceive, as this deck is MUCH deeper than it appears and... dare I say it... I think the companion book is even better than the Druidcraft's. The book alone is well worth the purchase price.

Enjoy your winnings :thumbsup:

ETA: While I'm at it... the Revelations Tarot is well worth a look if you're interested in reversals. The cards have reversible images in a colourful, stained glass window style and the companion book is excellent. I've been working with it all week and it's fascinating.

Am a bit of a Llewellyn girl so could go on and on :D

gregory

It's so much a matter of taste, but I absolutely second the Revelations. It's a deck like no other.

I also have a weak spot for Mystic Faeries. The deck I swore blind was weak and fluffy; the deck about which I had to eat the most words ever....

reall

I would go with; list by price hi to low!XD and buy best/newest deck n book kit you can find from you wish list?!XD like Nefertari, Linestrider, Book of Shadows-As Above, Legacy of Divine, Tarot of Dreams new borderless edition, Apokalypsis, Modern Spellcaster's Tarot, seriously why prize goes to someone without wish list?x,x joking aside
my vote goes for Victorian Fairy, Shadowscape, Golden Universal, Mucha
and this http://www.llewellyn.com/product.php?ean=9780738743486

or you can just browse by your preferences?:) and if you can't decide on deck there are rune and cloth and bag and why not crystal globe?!x,x lolz ;))

FLizarraga

Since Llewellyn is the Lo Scarabeo distributor for North America, would it be possible for you to use your voucher for Lo Scarabeo decks as well? That would broaden your possibilities immensely.

ldiddy

Vote for Victorian Fairies here. I am neither a fairy or Victorian enthusiast especially, but the deck reads incredibly. No borders are nice and the artwork is charming.

Revelations does look cool. I'll have to add that one to the wishlist.

And congrats on the win!

FaintlyMacabre

Congratulations! I have Victorian Fairies although I haven't gotten around to using it.

At first I did think, why not me? (Well that was easy, lol. I didn't try.) Then I realized I would be the one waffling and fretting over what to buy. Good luck deciding.

Diana

JylliM

I'll put in a plug for the Steampunk. It is right up there, possibly at the top, of my best reading decks. I've seen lots of comments on here by others who find it an excellent reader, as well.

FaintlyMacabre

I suppose I would buy $200 worth of stuff because I couldn't decide:confused:

Diana