Well Worn Path sequel: The Hidden Path

6 Haunted Days

I went to see my friend who owns a metaphysical shop in town today, she just got back from a trade show and she had 2 great gifts for me!

One was the sequel to the Well Worn Path called The Hidden Path, I never got the first one because it seemed like a very basic introduction to Wicca, though the illustrations on the cards seemed very charming, I have had it with the usual intro's to Wicca! So anyhow this one looked interesting as it more about the Underworld (Otherworld) journey into the Faery realms and the like. Much more up my alley. She gave me an autographed copy that she got at the show! Kewl. Also it's not even out yet, you can't order it until Sept. (at least that is the release date). So lucky me!

I have looked through the cards (40) and most of them are just enchanting! Here is the site on it http://www.wellwornpath.com/ You can see some cards there.

I have not had a chance to read the book yet, but I am looking forward to it. What a nice surprise!

The other gift was a copy of the Zerner-Farber deck, autographed as well. She knew that it was a special deck for me back in the early 90's and I had wanted the smaller version. Also it's the older printing with the cutout on the box and it's printed in China.

WolfSpirit

Those cards look really nice.
I got the Well Worn Path by accident as a replacement deck, the cards are really beautiful. I don't use it as an oracle though, it seems limited that way because all cards depict the spiritual path...I think it might be very useful for meditation or spellwork.

6 Haunted Days

Yes I haven't used it as an oracle as of yet, but have used a couple cards in visulization work and it's been working great, I love the style of art I have never seen all the cards of Well-Worn Path, but might get that at some point as I do love the illustrator's style.

Jewel

Cool! I just pre-ordered it on Amazon.com and they estimate delivery by 09/06/07. Thanks for sharing!

Disa

I just got The Well Worn Path and The Hidden Path today. I'm so excited to begin working with them.

I like the fact that you can use them so many different ways, and that the cards are the same size with the same backs so the decks can be incorportated together and used as one deck.

I wondered if anyone else had these decks, and what you think of them.

gravenimages

Oooo! There's a sequel (oh goddess, have I been out of touch)--be back in a flash people---I have to go to Barnes and Noble! xxNat

Briar Rose

Nice cards. Thank you for sharing. Where was the trade show?

I'm not that far you~ the Berkshires. I wonder if the trade show was in the city?

Jewel

I got it, but have not done anything with it. I think it will be cool to explore using the two decks as one. Hmmmmmm must make time to try that!

Disa

Yep, it's all about making time isn't it? I took a little time last weekend to familiarize myself with the cards and I find the system they've laid out for going through them all in the book works quite well. They did a good job of leading us down the path and giving us good insite.

HearthCricket

I am so excited! My copies of the Hidden Path arrived a few minutes ago and I just peeked through them. Wonderfull done! I will read through the book and familiarize myself with these before I mix them in with the Well-Worn Path. I could see them doing even another one, couldn't you? Ah, but now I am getting greedy! I can't wait to read the book. I am so glad they match up with the previous deck so you truly can put them together and work them as a whole deck, which was the original intention, anyhow! :)