Oracle of the Dragonfae.....anyone interested??

faunabay

VM,
So it's out already???? Are you in the US or UK? I want to know if I can get it now in the US. })

Little Hare

for those of you that are worried about the deck being 'Corseted fluff' I really recommend you read the interview in Sphere's magazine with lucy. She goes into quiet alot of depth regarding the deck and it is not just a faery deck, but a mixture of things....

I'm also happy to say that all the artists are Australian *toot Toot*

faunabay

Venus Moon said:
I don't think it's out in the US yet, could be, but I got mine from Blue Angel Gallery, the publisher of the deck in Aussie.

Heres the link http://www.blueangelonline.com/dragonfae.htm

You can get it from here also http://www.gealinaonline.com.au/index.php?target=products&product_id=2892
OH! Alright, thanks for clearing that up for me. :)

Am off to check about shipping costs to the US. Might still just have to wait for amazon to get it if shipping is too awfully much.

lunalafey

I'm in the US and I got mine on the 18th, Full Moon which I thought was quite appropriate.

Not much more I can say that has not already been said about this deck.
I oohhed and ahhhed over each card. Don't have a favorite or a disliked card.
I figure at some point I will find one card I am drawn to, and for sure that will change from time to time, but I doubt I will have a card I am not fond of.
I really like the use of 7 artists.
I also like that the cards are made on very heavy card-stock.
It has just a touch, a tiny touch of a goth feeling in some cards.
If you like goth, you will like this deck, If you don't like goth, you will still like this deck.
The art is a mix of mystic, modern & multi-cultural.

The introduction in the book touched me deeply. It brought a lot of the 'essences' of my own spiritual being into one.
It is a blending of ancient and modern, and gives attention to the current energies happening today.

I did a 1 card 'intro' draw. I was a little surprised by the card that came up.
I figured I would get a card that was very earthy. I should know better since one of my main principals in life is 'no expectations'.
I got Wu-Wang ~ Wild, Pure Heart.
The card has a lot of pink and yellow. Not the fondest of colors for me, but being an artist myself, I do use the colors but only certain ones in certain combinations that I like.
This was one of those combinations.
I also have already had the experience of opening the book right to where I was wanting to go.

edited to add-
Judgeing from the few scans you posted, it seems like a mostly portrait deck, and that's a just a bit of a turn off to me.
There are many cards that are either, face, torso, full body, but there are also many that have only dragons.
I personally would not call it a portrait deck.

OakDragon

Oooo, another deck I MUST get, lol! Thanks for sharing this one with us! :)

datura

Hi Guys!

My name is Kylie and I am one of the artists involved with this deck. I just stumbled across this forum again - for the first time in a couple of years - and have really enjoyed reading what experiences you have had so far...

I hope you all have some really great times working with this oracle - I have found it to be really telling and quite profound! Lucys guide book is really 'meaty' too - she has included so much useful info on each of the cards - which is one of the things I loved. I also really enjoy the way the art interacts so wonderefully togther.... we all have such different styles and approaches, and yet it all flows....

Much love & happy readings!

kylie x

faunabay

Kylie, thanks so much for stopping by. We love talking to the artists and writers for our favorite decks! :)

I have mine on order - should be here today or tomorrow, so I can't comment on it yet - other than to say how excited I am for it to get here!!! :laugh:

Sinduction

I'd really love to hear how this reads. Is it a one card pull for meditation or a full on I can pull 5+ cards and give a reading type of thing?

Are there more scans anywhere?

datura

Hi faunabay, it's my pleasure dropping by - it's really great to 'meet' people who are interested in this deck. I hope your deck arrives soon, all safe 'n sound!

Hi Sinduction , the reading methodology for this deck varies...you could indeed do a one-card meditation type of thing (which is a great way to get aquainted with each of the cards) also, they work equally well in more traditional tarot spreads. In the guidebook, Lucy gives instuctions on how to carry out a 3 card reading, and a circular 11 card reading - but the options are really endless....try them with your favourite spread and see what works I say!

I am assuming that everyone has seen the cards that are on display at Blue Angel Galleries website, so here are some more scans which show the varied artwork used in the deck....

DF1.jpg

DF2.jpg

DF3.jpg