Way of the Horse

Jewel

I just got this set for my birthday and all I can say is WOW.

I was blown away while reading the introduction to the book and learning that the writer and artist consulted the Faeries Oracle regarding entering into the venture of making this set, and well they got Epona's Wild Daughter! Apparently the artist is really into the Froud Faeries, and both the writer and artist see the Faeries Oracle as the "type" of deck they wanted to strive to make. By type I do not mean faeries, this deck is about the archetypal exploration of horse wisdom, but the premiss of how an oracle deck should work.

The images are something else, the kit is beautifully packaged, and the book has been engaging so far. Linda Kohanov, who developed the deck, founded Epona Equestrian Services which is "a collective of riding instructors, educators, and counselors exploring the healing potential of th ehorse-human bond." (from flyer that came with set).

I do not own a horse, or ride horses really, and have never been really horse crazed, but this deck seems to allow for people like me, as well as those that already have a connection to horses, to connect with their wisdom for healing purposes. I am really excited about his deck! and if the faeries had a hand in it .... well that is reason enough to try it out for me :D

Sophie

This sounds wonderful, Jewel. Epona's Wild Daughter touched my own life in a rather interesting way a couple of years ago, and I've never forgotten that card's impact (I wrote about it in the Faeries Oracle section, under Epona's Wild Daughter).

Horses have made a re-appearance in my life some time before I arrived in Andalusia last August. They first started to appear in my dreams and shamanic journeys - especially white horses (most horses in Andalusia are white) - and physically since I arrived, as there are horses everywhere here, they are a part of the culture. They have also featured in my faery contact, directly or indirectly. In the past year, I have had a spirit guide who is a faery smith, very close to horses, of course.

So for several reasons, I have been associating faeries and horses - perhaps seeing in horses a visible, tangible bond with faery, as well as liking and admiring horses in their own right, as magnificent beings.

Coincidentally, today, a friend persuaded me to go riding tomorrow. She knows stables up the road, which she loves because the lady who runs it is dedicated to her horse friends and has turned the place into a haven for humans and horses.

So of course, my eye was caught by this deck! I agree that horses have much to teach us, if we will but listen. I think this might be just the treat I need to make my participation in the Intensive Deck Study challenge even more worthwhile (especially since I chose...the Tarot of the Sidhe! - more faery energy there...)

faunabay

Yep, Jewel told me I HAD to have this deck now!!! LOL Like I'd turn any of them down. })
I'll have to wait a bit - been on a huge deck buying binge lately. But it's on my amazon wishlist right now. :)

BodhiSeed

Jewel said:
I just got this set for my birthday and all I can say is WOW.

I told you that you would LOVE it!!! :D Aren't you glad I'm such a good lil' enabler - lol!
To those who love oracles, GET THIS ONE!!!
On a side note, I now own Froud's Faeries as a result of this deck, and I'm loving those rascals!

Bodhran

firefrost

Sounds lovely - any chance of any scans...?

firefrost

Oh, what an idiot I am - I obviously didn't scroll the first time I was there!

Thanks bodhran - very beautiful! I'm not a 'horsey' person but I do love all animals and this deck is so different. Definitely one for the future.

Hils :)

MysticalMoose

I saw these a while ago & resisted the urge to order, they are stunning.My other halfs family keep & breed horses & I get very involved in their care too & they all love receiving Reiki treatments especially the pregnant mums. I just popped on over to amazon & couldnt resist anymore so am expecting them next week! whoooppee! Cant wait ...every time I look at the scans they make me very emotional...:)

:love: MM

BodhiSeed

MysticalMoose said:
I just popped on over to amazon & couldnt resist anymore so am expecting them next week! whoooppee! Cant wait ...every time I look at the scans they make me very emotional...:)
If you think the cards bring out the emotions, just wait until you read the stories in the book! This has got to be the most beautiful, most thoughtful, most enlightening oracle set I've seen in a LONG time. I have convinced several people to get this set, and none have been disappointed yet. :D

faunabay

bodhran said:
If you think the cards bring out the emotions, just wait until you read the stories in the book! This has got to be the most beautiful, most thoughtful, most enlightening oracle set I've seen in a LONG time. I have convinced several people to get this set, and none have been disappointed yet. :D
Oh, of course you had to say this about the stories in the book. :p I did put it on my wishlist after Jewel got her's and told me I had to have it. }) But I have been able to wait and get it later..........until you just said this!!!

Was it really me just about a month or so ago saying I was going to slow down on my deck buying???? REALLY?? Was that me?? ROFLMAO!!!