Way of the Horse

Jewel

bodhran said:
I told you that you would LOVE it!!! :D Aren't you glad I'm such a good lil' enabler - lol!
To those who love oracles, GET THIS ONE!!!
On a side note, I now own Froud's Faeries as a result of this deck, and I'm loving those rascals!
The faeries totally rock! And yes I am glad you enabled me. Although I have not had any time this week to read the book or play with my new cards, I can still vividly see some of the images. When I got it, it was REALLY hard to put down. I just kept going through the cards slowly over and over again. What you can see in the eyes, and how you can feel the wind blowing by just looking at the cards! The images just put you there with or as the horse. I can't wait to read the book in its entirety. Just amazing.

Since I am not really a "horse" person, I am really surprised by how this deck touched me. I really hope that I enjoy it as much as I think I am *LOL*

6 Haunted Days

I've almost bought this set like 5x! Something about it keeps it on my amazon wish list, but then.....

While I find horses majestic and pretty, I've never felt a huge connection or draw to them. Would that matter in my ability to use, connect and go deeper with this set? Would it perhaps cause a fascination and interest in horses for me?

Kahlie

6 Haunted Days said:
While I find horses majestic and pretty, I've never felt a huge connection or draw to them. Would that matter in my ability to use, connect and go deeper with this set? Would it perhaps cause a fascination and interest in horses for me?

I don't have this Set, but I just wish to pipe in. From what I've seen of it, this Deck resonates on a Shamanic Level to me. Which means it will be an excellent Deck if you wish to deepen your connection, or if you wish to work through blockages/obstacles at a running pace and learn a type of companionship and healing at Soul Level.

I don't have a strong connection with horses, although I have called upon Horse before. I'm being warned away from this set, exactly because of what it can do :D. I need to take the slow track for a while, or so I've been told... so no Horse for me! ;)

Kahlie

firefrost

Kahlie said:
I don't have this Set, but I just wish to pipe in. From what I've seen of it, this Deck resonates on a Shamanic Level to me. Which means it will be an excellent Deck if you wish to deepen your connection, or if you wish to work through blockages/obstacles at a running pace and learn a type of companionship and healing at Soul Level.

I don't have a strong connection with horses, although I have called upon Horse before. I'm being warned away from this set, exactly because of what it can do :D. I need to take the slow track for a while, or so I've been told... so no Horse for me! ;)

Kahlie

Hmmm...Having read that, I'll read more about it before deciding on buying. While I admire Shamanism, I'm not into it.

Those pictures are just beautiful, though - *sigh*.

BodhiSeed

As an owner of this set, I would have to say it comes from a more "storyteller" tradition than a shamanistic one, in my opinion. It is about learning, seeing the truth, and growing through the use of stories. My favorite is about the author rescuing a baby woodpecker; it has to do with keeping your heart open even though you've experienced tremendous pain.
6HD, I'm not a horse nut, but this oracle has completely won me over.

Aerin

I'll let you know. I ordered accidentally on purpose.

I was always mad keen on horses and horse derivatives (Unicorns, Companions etc) when I was growing up, not so much now. (Still read Mercedes Lackey avidly though.)

Aerin

MysticalMoose

I am just so excited to get this deck now Im chomping at the bit! lol. I have a very strong connection with horses. I felt very down this morning after a particularly tense evening so went down the field to the horses for some company....they seemed to know I was fed up & all came over for some fuss & after half hour of watching them trotting around & playing in the wind manes & tails blowing around I felt totally calm again :) I even told them about the deck & I think they were pleased ;)

:love: MM

BodhiSeed

Aerin and MM, I look forward to your reviews when you have the deck and book in hand! :D

faunabay

Aerin said:
I'll let you know. I ordered accidentally on purpose.

I was always mad keen on horses and horse derivatives (Unicorns, Companions etc) when I was growing up, not so much now. (Still read Mercedes Lackey avidly though.)

Aerin
Aerin, It's funny you bring up Companions!!!! :p I just finished re-reading the Owl/Valdemar trilogy for the 100th time!!!! :laugh:

firefrost

bodhran said:
Aerin and MM, I look forward to your reviews when you have the deck and book in hand! :D

Me too! :)