Method for Interpreting Decks With Scenic Minors

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Please stop discussing the discussion and go back to discussing the topic of the thread.

Aoife

One side seems to think any association ( via intuition ... or from intuition if you prefer) or even consciously (i think more so in that case of the 6 cups) is valid , even in a reading for another. The other camp seems to think that it isnt valid in a reading generally or for another as it is a wholly personal association and may corrupt the meaning for the orther person getting the reading.

I think talk of 'camps' and 'sides' suggests an unnecessary division in what is clearly a continuum of opinion and practice.

I really enjoy satire and irony, not to mention humour, but ravenest, sarcasm will get people's backs up. As I'm sure you already know this, perhaps it would be wise for you to take a step back and breathe awhile?

Maybe in a calmer moment, ravenest, you might offer a reading on the board or participate in an reading circle. I note this is something you haven't done here, and it would be helpful for us to see your 'theory' demonstrated in practice.

ravenest

I think talk of 'camps' and 'sides' suggests an unnecessary division in what is clearly a continuum of opinion and practice.

I really enjoy satire and irony, not to mention humour, but ravenest, sarcasm will get people's backs up. As I'm sure you already know this, perhaps it would be wise for you to take a step back and breathe awhile?

Maybe in a calmer moment, ravenest, you might offer a reading on the board or participate in an reading circle. I note this is something you haven't done here, and it would be helpful for us to see your 'theory' demonstrated in practice.

Its a division that already exists and is here.

To answer you further seems against the request by the mod above your post. So please dont ask me OT stuff here, in this thread, especially after a MOD request.

Farzon

Tarot Verbatim is a system that takes phrases from elements of the illustrations of Rider Waite, emphasizes the things the surrounding cards have in common to get the theme of the reading. The phrases make 3 sentences that repeat and support one another in a Celtic Cross spread, to the degree the spread is accurate.
Its meanings come from the field, rather than from colors or histories.

So Two of Pentacles goes like this:
A juggler wears a dunce cap, dresses silly, and dances while he juggles. Ships toss wildly on wave behind him, and the plates or balls he juggles are connected by the 'constant repeat' math sign.
Cycles: repeated action, over and over, timing in the juggling
Movements: up and down, back and forth, round and round, diagonally,
Instability: He is dressed in a silly costume. The ships are tossing up and down.
Performance: He is a professional juggler. He is a dancer. He is a performer.

This card comes up for either/or sentences, means indecision, being swayed this way and that, comme ci comme ca.

These would be its main meanings.
Using this method would produce different meanings for other decks, right? When I read your post, I was a bit distracted by that.

However, I chose to keep an eye on your blog and I find your approach very elegant. You really manage to put the meanings of different cards into a single sentence! Of course this "hides" the meanings of the single cards and the process of interpretation. And this adds to the mystery... I like! šŸ˜Š

I think this would work well for any deck, even esoteric ones; I see the ingenuity of your method in reflecting the card's meanings in the grammatical structure of the reading.

TarotVerbatim

Thank you, Aurafields

for your kindness and encouragement, and for letting me know the snipers are known renegades. And for validating that Two of Pentacles means movement either stable or unstable, and can indicate indecision, depending on the 'lay of the land' to you as well.

Today I Googled Eight of Cups and Eight of Wands, and was sent to this site for an interesting discussion of those combined cards. One of this was precious, I thought, for Eight of Cups: 'Don't look back.' I often interpret it 'I'm outta here,' which is similar. Did you know you can put a pair of cards into Google, and get others' perspectives on them?

TarotVerbatim

Using this method would produce different meanings for other decks, right? When I read your post, I was a bit distracted by that.
YES IT SURELY WOULD. GETTING ENOUGH VERBATIM PHRASES TO MAKE SENTENCES FOR A NEW DECK IS AN EXHAUSTIVE PROCESS, TOO.

However, I chose to keep an eye on your blog and I find your approach very elegant. You really manage to put the meanings of different cards into a single sentence! Of course this "hides" the meanings of the single cards and the process of interpretation. And this adds to the mystery... I like! šŸ˜Š
WELL, AT THE SENTENCE AREA, IT DOES. THE BLOG IS WRITTEN SO PEOPLE WHO WANT THEIR DAILY PREDICTIONS CAN JUST READ THE FIRST TWO PARTS OF IT. MANY DO THAT. The 'Learn Tarot by Observation' part, and of course the bottom part which gives the meaning of the day's three cards individually, inform one of that. The part about 2-card combinations' phrases, under the pink headline, are the individual parts of the sentences those two cards made, in the same order as the sentences. I discovered that part will access a person's subconscious. .

I think this would work well for any deck, even esoteric ones; I see the ingenuity of your method in reflecting the card's meanings in the grammatical structure of the reading.
THE BIRTH OF THIS WAS THE FACT THAT I was a court reporter (verbatim stenography) at the time I was developing the words and phrases that made the meanings from the illustrations. THEN I discovered those reached out to make sentences.
THEN I discovered that, in my 13-card Celtic Cross spread, the 3 sentences repeated and supported one another to the degree the information was accurate. (Thirteen because there are 78 cards, and I used the whole deck for each question, so it had to come out even.)
Another indication of accuracy is all or most of the cards using their main, core, meanings in the spread, which makes it easy to read too.
How gratifying that you enjoyed your visit. You are welcome back any time.

Farzon

It's a bit like decoupage, isn't it?
The technique where you cut sentences and rearrange the words to build a new meaning.

I wonder if you pay attention to the positions of the cards in relation to the pictures? It's a reading technique I tried first after reading Robert Place's guide to the Vampire Tarot. Using this, the movements of the cards add to the meaning and, thinking in words, would supply words like "towards", "against", "blocking", "merging" etc.

Returning to your example of the Two of Pentacles, it would mean "either... or" if it was the middle card of three.

TarotVerbatim

Decoupage, yes. Positions of cards re Tarot Verbatim, etc.

It's a bit like decoupage, isn't it?
The technique where you cut sentences and rearrange the words to build a new meaning.
GOOD PARALLEL, yes.

I wonder if you pay attention to the positions of the cards in relation to the pictures? It's a reading technique I tried first after reading Robert Place's guide to the Vampire Tarot. .Returning to your example of the Two of Pentacles, it would mean "either... or" if it was the middle card of three.
WHEN I DO A CELTIC CROSS SPREAD, I SURE DO! Context brings out the either/or, which could be the question too. I have seen 2 of pentacles as the middle card with the two choices described by left and right positions of itself. The 'duh' cards, I call them, would bring out Two of Pentacles' indecision complex. Main 'duh' cards are Page of Cups and Seven of Pentacles.

Using this, the movements of the cards add to the meaning and, thinking in words, would supply words like "towards", "against", "blocking", "merging" etc
RIGHT ON. Positions often supply tense of verbs - the past cards and the future cards. The foundation card often supplies 'because,' strangely enough, to me.
I pair the 'arms of the cross' when I read, and read them one after the other, although sometimes they are a foursome.
I keep in mind that, whatever is developing in the spread, Tarot (my subconscious) is talking to me, and trying to communicate something. Being brave, being willing to spout utter nonsense, makes you accurate (although once in a while it makes a fool of you too - but then sometimes it turns out that was correct). If you keep in mind this is a conversation with yourself, not you going to a reluctant oracle, then the flow is consistent from session to session.
It's like your subconscious says 'Oh, she's getting it; she's back. Lets dig a little deeper.'
Your subconscious, especially if you are a spiritually alive person, is amazing.

TarotVerbatim

Amen, Aurafields

I am new here, and interested only in what works in the real world. My Tarot experience began as, and still is, a science experience (originally a science experiment on the Laws of Random Distribution's consistent violators).

As I said, there are more ways of reading Tarot than there are Tarot readers. The system I discovered in Rider Waite: (1) is logical, language based, and mechanical. It works for everyone who has tried it and talked to me about the assay. (2) In its full Celtic Cross modified spread, indicates how accurate the answer is. As far as I know, only the very ancient divinations claim to have this advantage. (3) Is based directly on illustrations, so it can be understood. That also provides a bridge between conscious and subconscious thought.

If you Google names of two Tarot cards, you will get mostly Rider Waite meanings for the combination of them. I consider this fun and educational.