Excited over deck find - Druidcraft

gregory

Is it the 'deck" or is it just the truth? In doing so many reading exchanges I have noticed this a lot with some sitters. I have been one of those :D LOL .. it isn't the reader or the deck, but rather an answer that the sitter doesn't want to hear. . Maybe that is what is going on in your case. I haven't heard anyone say that the DruidCraft was a tough love deck. Maybe find some other questions to try with using the DruidCraft. That is a great reading deck and if anything.. it always cheers me up. Such beautiful happy cards.
I agree. Maybe listen to what the cards are trying to tell you a bit harder ? The truth is often tough to hear.

Starshower

Just for info.

I used to know the creators of this deck quite well (from Druid Assemblies, workshops, talks, ceremonies & several whole-week camps, jam-packed with Druid lore & rituals, feasts, fun & games etc) and can assure you that they ARE committed, practising neo-Druids. Philip is the founder / 'Chosen Chief' of the modern OBOD*. He has written several semi-academic besides popular books & blogs, given interviews, lectures, hosted programmes etc on Druidry.
He & his wife Stephanie are also initiated Wiccans (which is why they called the deck 'Druidcraft' - to show its Druidic and Craft heritage.) The artist Will was an English Druid too. Hope that helps! :)

* Order of Bards, Ovates and Druids.

MizGrace

Hi all not been very well and was surprised at the responses when back. I will be offline a while soon as changing internet providers this one is troublesome and down more than up.

lets get to it then.

Can I handle the truth right now? in short, No! I don't want to deal with the facts my neighbors are ganging up on me to have me evicted and the cards are saying! 'whatever you do wont work to rid them, it will backfire and the fool card crops up!' I throw them down in anger! Keeps telling me to move home! cheek of it! so I re shuffled and cheekily said ok!

will I get the hot knight whisk me to a new home?

instead I pulled the Fool card again!

also, ignoring being ill and refusing a hospital check up. avoiding doctors.

The person I see when I hold the cards is a knight long sandy hair bright almond wide apart blue eyes.red cape with silver fish scale type Armor. he feels familiar yet I havent met him. Since using the cards laying them in my bookshelf in the bedroom been feeling as if watched. Not in a bad way just feels as if someone is about. shadows. I do think it is linked in with the deck as didnt have the issue before.
Or its just my body still adjusting to being unwell.

I am drawn to Wicca/Druidry happy in nature and I accept life is within all things now.
I am now being drawn to crystals and tarot and accepting it is going to part of my life.

great find will have to wait and see -- I will try the thread and I will have to push myself to read the book. I will have to start carrying it in my bag. ( need a bigger bag!)

£3.99 yes if a re print comes out who knows it might be liked more. I dont feel the cards are negative maybe it is the wrong time for me to connect with it. I will try to learn to love it. The box is what caught my eye. I have only looked at a few cards at what I have pulled. I hand painted a wooden box, recently up scaled a recycled box in lilac and purple celtic knot designs.

Could I need a crystal with it? something more to make it feel more connected ?

hugs Grace

MizGrace

Can timing affect if a deck is right for us?

I don't like offending the creators but right now the cards don't call to me.I can't feel what everyone feels from them with druidcraft. Perhaps they came to me at the wrong time. Or I have a lot of reading from the book and sources to connect to them. I feel blockages using them.I have sat looking at the cards I feel nothing is pulling me in. This isn't to say bad art ,bad deck. Just for some reason I am wanting something more. The white borders don't pull me into the images. I feel everything is recognizable as if seen elsewhere, they are ,lifelike. I don't dislike the deck so I will persevere and read the book. Thank you.

FLizarraga

Mine is trimmed at 3 x 4.5 inches. Would love a borderless or like I trimmed in image below with just decorative border at 2.5 x 4 inches if they publish another edition. IMO they should market oversized as art cards instead of a usable tarot deck.

Yeah, they are squarish on top of big, and that makes for awkward shuffling, even for big card lovers like me.

Can timing affect if a deck is right for us?

I don't like offending the creators but right now the cards don't call to me.I can't feel what everyone feels from them with druidcraft. Perhaps they came to me at the wrong time. Or I have a lot of reading from the book and sources to connect to them. I feel blockages using them.I have sat looking at the cards I feel nothing is pulling me in. This isn't to say bad art ,bad deck. Just for some reason I am wanting something more. The white borders don't pull me into the images. I feel everything is recognizable as if seen elsewhere, they are ,lifelike. I don't dislike the deck so I will persevere and read the book. Thank you.

Well, sometimes a deck just comes at the wrong time. Sometimes it pays to put it away (or even give it away) and go back to it when it suddenly opens to you. It has happened to me more than once, particularly with the Baroque Bohemian Cats, now one of my all-time favorites.

But sometimes a deck is just not for you, for no fault of its own --or yours, for that matter. It just isn't your thing. The Wild Unknown is a much loved deck, and it is admittedly beautiful and well done, yet it doesn't speak to me at all. All I see is artfully arranged twigs, a feather, and maybe a rabbit.

My somewhat belabored point is this: don't beat yourself up. If it doesn't speak to you, move on. There are plenty of decks around, and books aplenty, too.

MizGrace

I have been beating myself up over not feeling connected right now. I will put it aside for now if I can't connect I will say timing I have a feeling this will be calling me later. If not hope it has a nice home to head to. Off to have cup of tea and a cranes flapjack!
I have a witch q so need to find a forum to ask on
So much for that diet!