Need a Marseilles Intervention Please...

Diana

Re: Re: Re: Need a Marseilles Intervention Please...

ihcoyc said:
And, nobody's got a bent black halo floating mysteriously above their heads. . . .

Would that perhaps be a UFO?

Cerulean

I reread my hasty note and was relieved

Elf was not reportedly black and blue from sleeping on the Hadar--thanks for not taking me literally:

"OR
Put Hadar in a box tonight and pretend you will give it away. Sleep on it and when you don't dream of any munchkins, wake up brighter and eager and hopefully, you get five minutes to yourself to check these handsome little
engravings out...and wonder why you would ever dream of giving it away.

OR
You dream of Munchkins. The deck is cursed..."

Please no one believe I am serious about sleeping on a deck. Now if we want to discuss sleeping with, I know there's another thread for that...by the way, you Hadar enablers, I wonder if it's going to soon become a controlled substance...

Regards,

Cerulean

Shalott

OK, here I go with the flamin' Pythagorean Tarot Epic Online again, but this is why I am using Marseille now. I put it aside for a month or so after first getting my first (also Hadar) but then finally read and understood this stuff.
http://www.cs.utk.edu/~mclennan/OM/BA/PT/PT.html#minor

Yes I almost make fun of it now, but it does several important things: It's a VERY good introductory course in Pythagorean numerology in relation to Tarot. Also, it tells you WHY numbers mean what they mean, rather than rote memorization.

I make fun of it just because it is so huge I now refer to it as The Epic, and yet remains only introductory. It spends a LOT of time on Majors and the deck it's 'supposed' to go with has vastly different Majors so I just skip that entirely. But without it I'd be confused and the Marseille experts here would be hunting me down and beating me up for pestering them so much. (I mean, y'all don't really know how annoying I can be...not even Rusty or Diana have seen me in full force yet!)

See also krishadar.com!

jmd

Some time ago, before the Marseille area become so pronounced, I began a thread (in Talking Tarot) as a result of some other discussions occuring at the time - it seems, in light of this discussion, perhaps worthwhile linking:...it may also be worth making further additions therein, for perhaps some of us now have mildly altered insights or views :)

tmgrl2

Thank you for the link, jmd.

I missed it when I began studying the Marseille.

I recently acquired the Dodal and Noblet decks from Flornoy.

I was amazed at how much the Camoin ressembled them, at least in colors.

I also love the Hadar.

Of late, I have not been "studying" or posting much and have used my Morgan-Greer or Gilded to do a few readings. I seem to go to these two when my energy flags.

I do agree though, that what comes during a reading with a Marseille deck, can be so broad. It's as if the card and suit or Trump is the trunk of the tree with some "core" meaning. Then through quiet reflection and study of the card, the branches grow and finally the leaves sprout and we have a beautiful Tree of thoughts and images and guidance.

I have been very busy with work and sick husband this past week, but am thrilled to see all of the Marseille work springing back to life.

Thanks, elf, for starting this thread....

terri

Satori

This has been a fascinating week.
I made several decisions that have been sort of laying around my mind taking up space and now that I've decided on them things are happening.
And it is just that I consciously decided to A over B.

I know I am being vague, but I think when I decided to
A. Get a Marseilles deck
B. Read professionally at a bookshop
C. Take care of some loose ends in my personal life
D. Seriously study Kabbalah because of my new love, the Gill tarot(look out jmd, I will be descending upon the Kabbalah area SOON-consider yourself warned. :) )

Some things began to CHANGE in my life.
Not sure if this will be bumped out of here, but it does seem to tie back to that Marseilles deck. I just have to figure out how...and why.............