Tarocchi della Luna announced

Amsonia

In the Marseilles tradition Strength is 11 and Justice is 8. The Golden Dawn switched those two cards to make astrological associations work if memory serves.

Rodney

Thanks Rodney, that explains it...you learn something new every day. :)

agviz

I love this deck. Patrick's style offers lots of great detail in the pips that's perfect for reading ala Marseille. I might even prefer this over the Deviant Moon, but only time will tell. The creepy extra cards that came with it are a hoot. Patrick is clearly demented. Why can't I have neighbors like him?

My deck did begin to warp after arriving, but that's happened with lots of decks that I've bought. Once they become accustomed to the new atmosphere, they usually flatten out on their own. Hopefully these little demons will straighten their act out.

Rhinemaiden

My Trionfi della Luna decks (regular and paradoxical) arrived today. What joy! They have exceeded my expectations.... the art is purely Patrick, he captures the essence of a Marseille deck and adds his own unique touches to every card. Well done! Love the bonus/alternate tower card (nope, won't post it here... don't want to spoil the surprise) and the extra oracle cards. Thank you, Patrick! (Card stock feels the same as his previously self-published decks... durable with a slight waxy finish. I have no problem with warping, but I live in a very humid tropical climate, if that makes a difference.)

Over all, these decks are treasures! Order your copies before they're gone! :thumbsup:

FleurMai

My deck just arrived! I got the regular Italian text edition - the packaging is gorgeous! It felt really special to open it all. I adore the alternate tower card, I'll be using that one for sure. The card finish is lovely, I'm not as big a fan of the cardstock -- it's good but I really prefer thick, immobile style cards unlike most people (I don't riffle shuffle). Mine, at least, looked like it was all from the same printing. It's going to take me a bit to work purely with pips on the minor arcana (first Marseilles style deck for me) but I adore the artwork. I was a fan of the Deviant Moon, but this is much more my style :D

12doggiepaws

My copy arrived yesterday! I didn't open it yet because I don't want to ruin the beautiful gold paper.

Daemon Lover

My copy arrived today...
I thought I had ordered the Paradoxical version and the regular arrived!
I was panicking because I thought that they would be all out of Paradoxicals.
...I was lucky that there were still some available.😥 I double checked to sure it was the Paradoxical I was ordering this time! 😀

Farzon

My copy arrived yesterday! And I feared it won't make it before Christmas...

The packaging alone is gorgeous... beautiful drawing.
I too have the problem that the Majors plus the first swords bend in the opposite direction than the other cards.

Since this deck was announced I am excited about the court cards. And Patrick delivered everything I expected and more. Especially in the court cards, the satirical character of the deck becomes obvious, like in the fat, sleepy Knight of Pentacles, or the Page of Cups, filling his belly with the water from his cup.

Other cards like the King and Queen of Swords look more serious: with bloody swords in their hands, they are about to fight each other or already parting after battle, depending on how they come up in a reading. An interesting thing I noticed here: the Page and Knight of Swords haven't used their swords yet, they're just about to slay their enemies. And while they seem to be eager to drive cold steel in warm living flesh, their King and Queen don't seem very content at all, with their bloody swords that speak about experience in killing.

Oh and the alternative Tower card, Il Fulmine, the Lightning Bolt: A lightning-struck tree bursting in flames watched in terror by a shepard with his monster-sheep. I find this card even more devastating than the original Tower, since this tree only provided shelter. The part about breaking free is lacking here at first sight.

And there are so many details in the cards! I'll need some time to get my head around this deck properly.

Patrick Booker

My parcel arrived in the UK yesterday, containing two decks. Providing there are no customs delays, I should get it for Christmas. Customs and Excise must be busy at this time of Year, God bless 'em.

Patrick

Linfang

My parcel arrived in the UK yesterday, containing two decks. Providing there are no customs delays, I should get it for Christmas. Customs and Excise must be busy at this time of Year, God bless 'em.

Patrick

Mine passed customs really swiftly. So happy that this beauty will be my Christmas gift (I had a peek already but put it back to not use it before Christmas). I keep my fingers crossed, that yours arrives in time as well.

Le Fanu

Oh and the alternative Tower card, Il Fulmine, the Lightning Bolt: A lightning-struck tree bursting in flames watched in terror by a shepard with his monster-sheep. I find this card even more devastating than the original Tower, since this tree only provided shelter. The part about breaking free is lacking here at first sight.
That sounds very Jacques Vieville-inspired...