Starter Deck For My 19-Year-Old Son

CornissMagorniss

I like the Ellis. What surprised me about my son's preferences is that he isn't drawn to the very modern stuff so much. We both liked Deck of the Bastard, as LeFanu suggested, but it's a bit pricey and more difficult to get hold of.
I think this is going to be fun. We have very different learning styles.

The Happy Squirrel

oooh how about the daniloff deck? it is a bit pricey though.....

jolie_amethyst

I like the Ellis. What surprised me about my son's preferences is that he isn't drawn to the very modern stuff so much. We both liked Deck of the Bastard, as LeFanu suggested, but it's a bit pricey and more difficult to get hold of.
I think this is going to be fun. We have very different learning styles.

Seven stars has a sale going on for 25% off on Monday in honor of World Tarot Day. There's a code in the Advertisement section of this forum. Both the DOB & Samhain DOB also show up reasonably regularly in the Tarot Trading section, for trade or sale (requires a paid subscription to access).

Edit: here's the link to seven's post http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=4316766#post4316766

CassieR-1

What about one of yours?

If he wants to get into tarot and he trusts your readings and your cards I think it would be nice if you gave him one of your, maybe the one you read with him the most. That way his first deck is one that he know and has memories with. :)