Lo Scarabeo Tarot Illuminati

Grizabella

I know there are other threads about this deck but I started this new one because I'm hoping that there can be a lot of really good response to it instead of unkind remarks about big hands and weird faces and such that seems to predominate the biggest thread about this deck. I was given it as an Easter present and it's absolutely fabulous. For those who think the Rider Waite art is ugly (I did for a long time), here's the deck to go for.

I really love the decks Lo Scarabeo puts out and I hate to see them put down. I didn't quite "get" a lot of them for awhile but then I suddenly had an epiphany and then I couldn't get enough of them.

The Illuminati is oppulent, evocative, eloquent and just plain gorgeous. I predict it will stay in demand and in print for a very long time to come. And I sure hope I'm right. Mine is the kit with the gorgeous sturdy box, the book and the gilded edges on the cards. I intend to get the larger book, the cards with borders and the journal and Tarot bag somehow eventually to make sure I've got everything. It seems pretty appropriate that the High Priestess image is on everything since the High Priestess is my birth card and my soul card, too.

I've been doing some readings with this deck in the Reading Exchange and it's such a joy to read with.

There was a thread once asking what 9 of Pentacles card we thought was the most beautiful and at that time my pick was the Morgan Greer. Well, my vote has definitely changed now....ihat card from the Illuminati has beaten the Morgan Greer hands down and by a mile!

EightWands

I too think it's a beautiful deck! :) I plan to work more with it.

What is/are your favorite card(s) from the deck? Mine are Strength, Hermit, Star, Moon, Ace of Cups, Ace of Pentacles, & Princess of Pentacles.

ann823

I was surprised that I liked it so much as well. I find it a bit droll (maybe not quite the right word)as well. I have yet to go through and study it carefully, after finding the goat on the hierophant's lap I have the feeling there may be some other interesting surprises in all that detail.

Grizabella

That's a lamb, Ann, if you look closely. The "lamb of God" you know? The Bible often refers to Christ's followers as sheep and says things like "feed my sheep" and other references like that. Look closely at the card and you can see that it's a lamb.

ann823

It's an angora kid, they look a bit like lambs.

Grizabella

It's an angora kid, they look a bit like lambs.

I'll be darned! And I'm real familiar with sheep, too, but obviously not familiar enough. I think Eric Dunne thought it was a lamb. It would be neat if we could ask him, wouldn't it? I don't think he's a member here is he?

Grizabella

I was surprised that I liked it so much as well. I find it a bit droll (maybe not quite the right word)as well. I have yet to go through and study it carefully, after finding the goat on the hierophant's lap I have the feeling there may be some other interesting surprises in all that detail.

I think my favorite suit in the deck is the whole suit of Pentacles. Especially the 9, King annd Queen.

I also love the High Priestess. And the Queen of Wands. Oh, and the 5 of Pentacles. As I sit here going through the deck, I just I just love the whole deck. It's so beautiful all through the whole deck.

RunningWild

I'll be darned! And I'm real familiar with sheep, too, but obviously not familiar enough. I think Eric Dunne thought it was a lamb. It would be neat if we could ask him, wouldn't it? I don't think he's a member here is he?

Hi Grizabella

Actually it seems to me that he was on here just prior to, or just after, the release of the deck last year, but you'd have to search the older threads to find out for certain.

ETA: I could be mistaken, though.

ETA to my ETA: I'm not mistaken. He goes by: Tarot Illuminati. He hasn't posted much except around the time of the release of his deck.

JenWt43

Love it!

I still love this deck. :) For a few months now, I have been using only two decks for my own readings - the Bohemian Gothic and Tarot Illuminati. I was going to list my favorite cards in Tarot Illuminati, but there are too many!!

To put it simply - I love the entire suit of Swords. Particularly the 9. And 3, and 7. :) I love the Empress, Strength, and the Death card. The 9 of Pentacles. And the 6 of Cups! Nevermind, I can't list them all!

Grizabella

It's like that for me, too. I'd almost have to name every card in the deck.

Usually if a deck artist makes a Rider-Waite style deck, all the cards will have images close to the traditional...but then all of a sudden there will be 2 or 3 cards that they've changed so its kind of a jolt to the flow. I'm glad to see that this wasn't the case in this deck. I think that's what helps make this deck so special. And I expect it's going to become a classic and stay in print. At least I hope so. It certainly deserves to be.

You know, I remember seeing someone with th ID name of TarotIlluminati a time or two now that you mention it. I don't think I was online when the deck came out, though.