Lo Scarabeo Tarot Illuminati

Glass Owl

The Illuminati was one of my rare Tarot deck purchases last year and I am really glad that I bought it. I remember gasping when I first saw the box in person. It is so eye-catching and glamorous. I like the fact that this deck comes across as very chatty and theatrical - at least to me.

Le Fanu

I adore this deck. Not much else to say. It presses all the right buttons for me. So sumptuous and exotic with all that fluttering drapery and monumental portraiture. And the gilt edges make it feel so sacred. When I do readings for people with this deck it quite literally takes their breath away. I love all the multilayering, the weird juxtapositioning, the clash of textures.

And all those things that people criticise it for are exactly what make it special. It overflows with a sort of ecstatic energy.

Favourite cards; the King of Cups, all the Queens. The only deck where I love the two & three of Wands. the Hermit, The Devil, so many, so many.

kalliope

I have to admit I've hardly cracked open the box for this deck since I got it several months back. I've used the app some, and like the written text, but it looks like I should get out the cards themselves to really get a feel for the sumptuous textures and drama. You've all inspired me, thanks!

Le Fanu

I so wish this deck would be done for iPad and not just Android...

Grizabella

I have a Windows phone and there probably isn't one for mine, either.

Grizabella

Some say that the deck by itself ordered without the book has borders and that the borders make the images even more striking. I'm going to try to get the bag, the bigger book, the bordered deck and the journal if they all stay available long enough. I got the borderless deck kit as my Easter gift and this is definitely a special deck for me for many reasons.

tarotlova

?

I don't understand the nastiness either towards this deck, I absolutely love it, I think it is beautiful I just love the colours, the detail everything!

Le Fanu

Some say that the deck by itself ordered without the book has borders and that the borders make the images even more striking. I'm going to try to get the bag, the bigger book, the bordered deck and the journal if they all stay available long enough. I got the borderless deck kit as my Easter gift and this is definitely a special deck for me for many reasons.
I have to say, I also have the standard, deck only, normal-sized LoS deck version with very minimal (a couple of millimetres?) black borders.

I (also) have to say, there is no comparison - the gilt-edged, slightly bigger boxed set version is significantly more sumptuous. I thought it would be nice to have a boxed "deck only" more compact version to carry around but I don't like it as much as the gilt-edged borderless one. For me, it just doesn't feel quite as magical or intoxicating.

RunningWild

For me, the only thing off-putting about the deck was how thick the card stock is because of those gilt edges. Or at least I assume it's because of the gilding on them.

magicjack

I have to say, the backs of these cards are probably the most striking backs I have ever seen on a deck of tarot cards. Absolutely beautiful! I love the medieval period so if I had to choose my favorite cards it would be the swords.