Decks You Wish You Hadn't Bought?

Minotauro

none so far.

well the only one wich was justaweful was my first deck , not even listed here , some dreams tarot , great cardstock and size , that's all the positive it has to it. it was just awefulbut at least it was my first tarot and it introducesd it to me so that gives it points

the revelations tarot (my second one) just confused the ehclk out of me and almost compeltly drove me away from tarot, but I guess tarot and I are just meant to be hjaha yueah right =P

anyway that one I gave it to friend of mine but then took it back ( kinda stole it)because he just didnt seem to actually want to learn it I even gave him the book! AND gave a reading and accepted a very generous tip !!! he is in general a very dishonest person and although Im ok and accept him as the aweful person he seems to be I just wont help him scam people U_u

but Im sure it will find a home with somebody who will like, apreciate it and at least take 5 minutes to flip through the pages ¬¬ it soi its not a waste :)

ever since I dont just buy tarots without being sure Im gonna like it

Alta

I am going to stand up for Infinite Visions. Mine is nicely sealed and I find the images lovely and the deck a joy to work with.

Sadly I agree about vampire decks, cold and creepy.

Lifeisabutterfly

I once got the Robert Place Vampire deck and had to resell it, it really creeped me out too. But perhaps that's what it was meant to do...lol (nervous laugh) I wanted to try another darker type and was about to get the Favole one but I saw a scan with blood in it and knew that would certainly be a deck I would regret buying--not usually queasy but depicted on a tarot card might be too much for me during a reading!

Stormdancer

uh...Gustave Dore Bible Tarot.

ROTFLMAO :D

Stark Raven

Hmm,

Top on the list is the Healing Earth tarot kit, the latest edition. It has deep blue backs and borders, when touched they get white nicks in the edges. Too bad, it's a lovely deck that I wanted to use. I intend to have the cards laminated, it will have to be when I have time on my hands; the cards stick together so badly that I will need to determine how to keep them separated so no two get laminated together! When this deck arrived, it was the only deck I ever purchased that smelled strongly of ink and left blue residue on the bubble wrap both inside and outside of the box - literally afraid to touch it.

My first purchased one, Juliet Sharman Burke's Beginner's tarot deck. The Wands cards are all drenched with yellow. I thought that I was never going to learn Tarot with that deck - I never did see a thing besides what was written in the book.

My Connelly Tarot deck. It's just to soft and doesn't evoke anything.

The Gilded Tarot by Ciro Marchetti. Lovely artwork, the lack of 'organic' feel to the art hurts my feelings much more than I thought it would. Symbolism misses somewhat; also, it scuffs very easily and therefore looks messy.

Quick and Easy Tarot - not sure why I bought it.

Navigators of the Mystic Sea - Extremely dated graphics, too bad, love the cardstock best out of all of my cards!

Thoth - When will I ever find time to learn this totally different system than the RWS that I learnt on? Oneday I know I will learn it though...

Deva - Edges chip easily

Haindl - Have to buy 2 books to learn to use it because it's so different - and says to me absolutely nothing.

Enigma Tarot - What was the author thinking?

Lifeisabutterfly

Would love to know why? The scans I've seen on the internet make them seem so beautiful and mysterious. And expensive lol!

Minotauro

LMAOSHIDMTAMSFO!!!!!!!!

(laughing my ass off so hard I drop my taco and my sombrero fell off)

wellI think there was some pirate deck wich got super pricey once they stoped those whop mad eit
X) haha

Lokismile

Fenestra. While initially drawn, it soon became far too cartoony. Not close enough to RWS for comparative study, yet as unappealing in the long run.

Storm82

I am going to stand up for Infinite Visions. Mine is nicely sealed and I find the images lovely and the deck a joy to work with.

Sadly I agree about vampire decks, cold and creepy.

cold and creepy?
I like these dark decks :) even the "cold" ones

a deck I regret buying? hm... I dont know, I regret some of the trades, got some sad looking decks for trades Im a bit disapointed about

Lifeisabutterfly

Fenestra. While initially drawn, it soon became far too cartoony. Not close enough to RWS for comparative study, yet as unappealing in the long run.

Yes interesting you should say that...I just put mine in the "to sell as soon as possible at the flea market" yesterday. Initially I thought it was a nice deck because of the scans online but it quickly became kinda creepy and...what's up with those short little arms anyway?