Himself (17)

Satori

cSpaceDiva said:
He isn't Brad Pitt, Jesus, or Jim Morrison. He is just....Himself. He's not sure why we would think he is anyone else. Now he's looking you in the eye because he wants to know if you are really Yourself, or if you are being someone else? (Not to single anyone out, he's looking at me like that too.)

Maybe just that like anyone with a face, you sometimes think, "Gee they look like....aunt Bertha..." And then Aunty Bertha comes up in your mind and maybe something heals for you around that image.

I personally don't look at Himself and think...Jim Morrison, but I see the resemblance. In fact, Himself looks a lot like my husband, to me at least.

TsukiSei

I know this thread has been quiet for a few years, but I'm excited to share my experiences too.

When I first looked through the deck Himself caught my eye and I looked at him a few seconds before beginning the exercises in the book. The major impression I got from him was acceptance and amusement. He seem so kind. He turned out to be my favorite card during the exercises, and later when I read his section in the book I felt a lump in my throat and an urge to cry when I read the part about acceptance. Whenever I see a glimpse of him while shuffling I have to stop myself from staring and I get that warm feeling whenever I do see him.

thirdlibra

Himself likes to chill with me as a read. He reminds me of how it's done - connect spiritually, then psychically, then deliver the message from a place of love.

JDMerlin

I love this card and I love Brian Froud. Himself just has this amazing wild energy about him. He is definitely one of my favorites but there are just so many to choose from. They just seem to pop out at you. What's even more amazing is that I read a book called Faery Tale by Signe Pike in which he was interviewed. What I love is that he doesn't consider himself an artist but more as a portrait painter for the Faery. He is just incredible.

helspecter

Himself and His connection to Sage, Appearance in Dreams

I dreamed of the Sage last night. When I was shuffling through the Sidhe to pull him out, Himself had to come with him.
Alissa brought up in the opening post that they hadn't read the description of Himself initially and I've also been urged not to look by faerie itself (they encourage coming on here to read and talk about it though).

I think it was Alissa also who brought up a few pages back in this thread that they felt like the Sage is Himself's crone aspect.

I strongly get this feeling too, having not read their descriptions I really have to just trust that this is true of them for me.

My interpretation of Himself in relationship to my dream and the Sage card is he's giving off the vibe of a magician or wise one (probably why so many associate him with Jesus or artists). He seems very intuitive, intrigued with nature and the cycles, curious of energetic rhythms. While he is wise and gifted psychically, the Sage in comparison has transcended the cracked open heart, third eye, and crown chakras and has come to a stage of being the essence of all the chakras and emitting their energies always, he is more of nature personified than just inclined to observe and interact with nature. It's almost as though Himself has the sight to some extent but the Sage is the sight, almost a being without ego.

urbandryad

Himself is a very primal sort of male figure. He's a guardian and protector. I think especially in relation to the card that comes before him, the Bright Mother, he seems especially suited to the task of being the knight in shining armor, protector of whats good. He also seems to be posed to bar your path, waiting to see if you are worthy to continue on your quest.

stargazed

Himself has been cropping out in my readings, and is always striking when he does. I'm in the "scary" camp. Well, scary isn't really right. Intimidating. Intense. Unnerving.

I get the feeling that he's got something I need to hear, but I don't know what it is. The book's interpretations aren't it.

I never really got a sensual feel from him the way a lot of people have. I wouldn't say he's UNattractive, but I don't find him that sort of attractive, either.

Luna's Crone

well

he is kinda cute isn't he and he looks like he would be fun and otherwise. both very important traits, ya know?!!

qwaychou

At first Himself looked kind of creepy to me, like someone who had you pinned in the alley.

I see his heart, brow, and crown chakras all lit up, but not his throat. This tells me he is a man of few words, and may speak to us through symbols and visiions, but it is up to us to see and clarify them to work into our own life.
I see intensity, raw sexual power, lust, confidence and seduction