A mini playing card deck

daphne

(I could not find a playing card cartomancy subforum to post this, moderators please feel free to find the right place)

I am trying to find a mini regular playing card deck, not the regular size. They take too much space on the table.
Do you know any?

daphne

Thank you!

Modiano looks lovely!

kalliope

Although I plan to eventually get myself some of the mini decks from Carte Karuta, I do have a few others that I bought locally. Two I found while browsing at Target -- are you in the US? If so, take a look down those aisles, often near the front of the store or near the kids section, where there are lots of little bins with cheap little stuff. Cards, toys, mini-games, etc. I found mini Bicycle decks there twice. If you find yourself in other "big box" stores, I'd check the same aisles in those, too, especially near Christmas time because they consider them good stocking-stuffers.

I also ordered a bunch of playing cards from Ellusionist, and got myself the Mini Ghost Bicycle deck. I've included a picture of that one below, since I already have it here on the computer. (I had a marathon picture session for a playing card thread here a while back!) Note that this one is colored differently.

Attachments

• Ellusionist_GhostMini.JPG
    Ellusionist_GhostMini.JPG
    210.2 KB · Views: 258

GoldenWolf

Can't tell exactly where you are located, but if there are any dollar stores near you, they often have mini playing card decks in the children's toy section. Shops that sell party supplies often sell these as party favors too. Both are typically very inexpensive. Hope those suggestions help.

Emily

Amazon also sell Patience decks, either single or in pairs - I didn't realise that until this thread made me curious about these mini decks.

daphne

Thank you, I will look in toy stores as you suggested.

I got once a mini deck, but the cardstock was awful, really adherent, not easy to mix. That is why I would like a good quality, with nice lamination.

daphne

Amazon also sell Patience decks, either single or in pairs - I didn't realise that until this thread made me curious about these mini decks.

Oh, yes, you are right, there are some mini playing cards on amazon!