Crystal Skull collecting

Tarotphelia

I will see if I can find it - thank you for posting about it ! That skull is on the cover of Mysteries of the Crystal Skull too - the old black version .

stella01904

MM ~ There's a lot of controversy around the Mitchell-Hedges skull - it's supposedly been discredited, not to be ancient - but that doesn't explain how it was made. BB, Stella

Tarotphelia

I think it was the British Museum skull that was decided to be old , but not ancient.

westsidegirlygirl

Well, D.I., having never heard of Crystal Skulls before your post, I just bought a laborodite (SP?) skull on ebay (from the Synergy Lady). I can not wait to hold it in my hand. I feel the energetic space it will fill already...

westside

Tarotphelia

Congratulations Westside ! You'll have to let us know if you can stick with just one .

westsidegirlygirl

Um, the answer to that is probably no! My skull came today and my toddler started shrieking that he wanted to hold it. I gave it to him and he ran it up and down both my arms before holding it against my forehead. I think I'm hooked-

westside

stella01904

Dark Inquisitor said:
I think it was the British Museum skull that was decided to be old , but not ancient.
MM ~ It's all controversy. Any skull said to be old has someone disputing it.
I got Mysteries of the Crystal Skull Revealed the other day. It's a collection of writings and interviews with different people who have worked with the Mitchell-Hedges skull and some other skulls.
Most of it is what they channelled. I'm quite the believer in the people of the other worlds, but words like "channeling" raise a red flag with me. The reason being that a "psychic" or "medium" tends to get spirits who are somewhat our own peers, who give practical information that can often be verified, like where where great Auntie Agnes put the deed to the house. "Channelers" get messages from "ascended masters" and the like, dealing with the technology of Lemuria and Atlantis. Very trippy Mt. Shasta-style stuff. This book deals in a lot of that. There's a lot of UFO stuff, too. Shades of Von Daniken. I don't disbelieve in UFO's - I saw one once, a rapidly zig-zagging light. But I fall firmly in the camp of people who believe they are the same as fairy phenomena - beings in another dimension whom we interact with, occasionally. Not physical humanoids in metal ships form another planet.
The book does acknowledge that the "Space People" live in another dimension and are not physical as we know it, I am not at odds with the philosophy here. It's just the presentation that is very new-age. Worth reading for the connotation, if not the denotation.
But it is MUCH more fun working with skulls than reading what other people "channelled" about them. Westside, one of my dogs is fascinated with my skull! I have to watch him, he's always trying to get it!
BB, Stella

westsidegirlygirl

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see any reason that being old, or ancient, should add any value to a crystal skull unless you are an anitques dealer (Size and quality of crystal, surely makes a difference, imo). After all, isn't the crystal itself ancient? Besides, I'm very comfortable with the notion that linear time may be an illusion- a function of our ordering/classifying human brains. My skull is as old as the ages, and as new as... the ages. The only time is now anyway, isn't it all the same thing?

It's all the same to our skull admiring toddlers and doggies!

westside

Tarotphelia

stella01904 said:
MM ~ It's all controversy. Any skull said to be old has someone disputing it.

That's true. And probably always will be. The skeptics will always be with us. But, the Mitchell Hedges skull was tested by Hewlett Packard experts , so that carries more weight with me.

stella01904 said:
It's just the presentation that is very new-age.

Fortunately or unfortunately, we are knee deep in new age right this minute, right on this tarot board ! And there is nothing we can do about it. Might as well lie back and float.

stella01904 said:
But it is MUCH more fun working with skulls than reading what other people "channelled" about them.

I don't believe all channeled messages either . There has to be something in them that transcends the usual bs for me to pay much attention to them . But , there is no need to involve channeling with the skulls at all .

stella01904 said:
one of my dogs is fascinated with my skull! I have to watch him, he's always trying to get it!

Ooops. You know what they say about dogs - some of them are supposed to be aliens in dog bodies , so they can observe us at close range. (Especially the ones that seem extra intelligent and almost human. ) Maybe your dog is recognizing a fellow space / dimension/ time traveler ? I don't have dogs, or aliens. Probably for the best .

Tarotphelia

westsidegirlygirl said:
Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see any reason that being old, or ancient, should add any value to a crystal skull unless you are an anitques dealer (Size and quality of crystal, surely makes a difference, imo). After all, isn't the crystal itself ancient? Besides, I'm very comfortable with the notion that linear time may be an illusion- a function of our ordering/classifying human brains. My skull is as old as the ages, and as new as... the ages. The only time is now anyway, isn't it all the same thing?

It's all the same to our skull admiring toddlers and doggies!

westside

Very true . It's just that the ancient ones are said to serve a special purpose and be programmed by *something* with information that we haven't figured out how to access yet. (Much like the crystal bits in our communications devices .) People who have dealt with the ancient skulls report some very interesting things happening to them , such as being psychically blown open. Some people say the modern ones seem to link to the ancient ones though, and their energy can be accessed that way . But , even without all that the modern skulls still have the ancient energy of the earth going for them.

How fantastic that your baby knew just what to do with your new skull ! Probably trying to activate your chi and your third eye for you .