"This wall is made by love" What did I mean?

Craxiette

I had a very powerful dream a couple of nights ago that I know was somehow connected to the Sun trumph, my subconcious was really trying to tell me something...but what? Care to help me figure it out? :)

I was on a longer journey by car with my family, at one point we stop for a short break at my grandma's house (she is in reality long dead and never lived in a house). I step out in her beautiful rose garden, which is surrounded by a brick wall. I suddenly feel an urge to go running, so I leap over the wall and run around in the forest that is behind it. It is a bit chilly, as it is only early dawn there is still wet dew in the grass. The sun is rising at the horizon with a beutiful orange light. I leap effortlessly through the woods, my legs are bare but I'm covering my upper body with a fluffy white duvet. I notice that there are sharp rocks and hard roots on the ground, so I have to leap really carfully not to hurt my feet on them. At one point I run past my old school, thinking that if I run fast enough, they won't be able to force me to go inside. After a while I hear an alarming sound of rocks crumbling. As fast I can, I run back to the wall around the garden and I see that it is falling apart! I jump on top of it and to everybody's surprise, my weight is what keeps it from collapsing. "Quick!" I say to my family, "We have to rebuild this wall before it breaks completely!". My family look at me, bewildered and sceptical. "But shouldn't we just get going instead, we need to continue driving" says mom, a bit annoyed. "No!" I yell. "No, this wall is made by love. We need to rebuild it, stone by stone until it stands again!". Reluctantly, they start picking up some stones. "But this is so hard, there are so many stones!" says my sister with a sigh. Then I wake up.

Upon awakening, I immediately come to think about the Sun card in the tarot deck. I have always wondered what the wall on the green mound actually represents. Symbolically I have always thought of a wall as a restrictive barrier that needs to come down, so I was really surprised to hear myself yell that "this wall is made by love" and being so insistent on it being rebuilt, even though it would delay our journey.

Does anyone here know what "wall" there could be that my subconcious deems so important to stay intact? All speculations are welcome! :)

anubis777

Hello
Lets see if i can help you out with the sun card. The green mound is of course the earth now observe the children really carefully b/c they are dancing outside of the wall meaning that they are now free from any restrictions/limitations. In the RWS as well as with all of the Marseilles decks the wall is always there with the children in it which means they are protected but in the Thoth deck they are truely free from any restrictions. Maybe you yearn for freedom in your life. Hope this helps.......

Craxiette

Thanks anubis777,
yes, yearning for freedom makes sense to me as well. What puzzles me is the (subconcious) part of me that comes running back and insists on the wall being rebuilt. Perhaps some part of me is regressive and wants to go back to the safe haven of the protection behind the walls?

The wall on the sun card must be there for a reason, the children are dancing outside of it, but they have not crumbled the wall -why not? The wall could be a symbol of self-control, perhaps I feel that by venturing forth into the "wilderness", I risk loosing control and go mad? Perhaps the family members in my dream are trying to tell me that I need to take responsibility and build my own wall of protection, not rely on their help? Or perhaps they were telling me to skip the wall, that I'm old enough to move on and to take on life's journey without such rigid protection? Fascinating stuff, these dreams! :)

Maskelyne

Walls represent structure and limitation. We need some of that for our own protection, but as we develop we gain the ability to transcend these structures, to leap or fly over the walls. Breaking down a wall, on the other hand, is rebellion, not transcendence. The children on the Sun card have not broken down the wall because there is no need to; they can fly over it, and the wall might still serve a useful purpose to those who have not yet learned to fly.

All growth and progress comes with a certain amount of concern about what we are leaving behind. The freedom vs structure conflict is a balancing act, not an either/or proposition. I think the school and the crumbling wall are related. Could be something you (or your family) needs to learn, and seeing it made you aware of the need for some structure. Could be at some level you are concerned about moving too fast. Maybe you are afraid of outgrowing your family ties.

Craxiette

Walls represent structure and limitation. We need some of that for our own protection, but as we develop we gain the ability to transcend these structures, to leap or fly over the walls. Breaking down a wall, on the other hand, is rebellion, not transcendence. The children on the Sun card have not broken down the wall because there is no need to; they can fly over it, and the wall might still serve a useful purpose to those who have not yet learned to fly.

All growth and progress comes with a certain amount of concern about what we are leaving behind. The freedom vs structure conflict is a balancing act, not an either/or proposition. I think the school and the crumbling wall are related. Could be something you (or your family) needs to learn, and seeing it made you aware of the need for some structure. Could be at some level you are concerned about moving too fast. Maybe you are afraid of outgrowing your family ties.

Wow, thanks, that really struck a chord within me :). "Rebellion is not transcendence", I will keep that in mind!

teomat

The word 'love' is actually written under the PCS signature on the wall in the RWS Sun card. I think it's on the Pam A. I can vaguely remember a thread about it in the RWS forum somewhere...

Craxiette

The word 'love' is actually written under the PCS signature on the wall in the RWS Sun card. I think it's on the Pam A. I can vaguely remember a thread about it in the RWS forum somewhere...

*spooked out* :surprise:
That's so cool! :D

Grigori

Your description reminds me of a line from the Book of the Law. 'For I am divided for love's sake, for the chance of union'. This relates to the idea of the wall of love for me, love is the thing that crosses walls, joins things together. But also since the division is needed for the union to subsequently occur, then walls are also an opportunity for love. Maybe a bit of a different angle than a wall 'of' love, but that was the idea that came to me that is Thoth-connected.

Craxiette

Your description reminds me of a line from the Book of the Law. 'For I am divided for love's sake, for the chance of union'.

I LOVE that line! <3

Always Wondering

Book of Thoth

But around the top of the mound is a wall, which indicates that the aspiration of the new Aeon does not mean the absence of control.

Love under Will?

AW