Ace of Cups

Parzival

In wolfram von Eschenbach's Parzival epic, the most alchemically symbolic of the Grail stories, the dove empowers the Grail which then gives the Grail knights and servants whatever foods and drinks they wish for-- it materializes these instantly out of nowhere. Also, the empowered Grail has the magical ability to bring the burned Phoenix back into life . It is brought to earth by "neutral angels " who refused to take sides in the war in heaven, so its perfect harmony between light or God and dark or Satan. It only outpours life . It cannot oppose and go against. The 26 yods on the RWS Ace of Cups are arranged as 8 left side, 8 right side, and 10 (perfect Pythagorean number) in the middle, in between, like a Middle pillar. Perfect symmetry : 8--10--8, and the total of 26 the perfect number of God.

Fulgour

Ace of Cups
by Joan Bunning

This card also suggests inner attunement and spirituality. Cups are the suit of the heart, and the Ace stands for the direct knowing that comes from the heart. Trust what your feelings are telling you. Seek out ways to explore your consciousness and your connections with Spirit. Allow the power of your
emotions to guide you in a new direction.

Embrace the love that is the Ace of Cups.

firemaiden

This is a fascinating card. Thank you for posting your thoughts and research on this Vincent.

Rusty Neon

firemaiden said:
This is a fascinating card. Thank you for posting your thoughts and research on this Vincent.

Yes, thanks, Vincent.

Does anyone have any idea why there are 26 (as opposed to some other number) yods in the RW Ace of Cups card?

firemaiden

I wonder if we can relate this dew of heaven to the mannah from heaven in the Marseilles Maison Dieu.

Rusty Neon

Vincent said:
The number is significant for qabalistic reasons. For example;

Y-H-V-H, (10+5+6+5=26)

(There are many other avenues to explore concerning Qabalism and the number 26.)

I'm new to the math of Qabalah. How are those number values (e.g., Y = 10) assigned? How is the number 26 significant?

Thanks.

P.S.: I was counting the blue yods on my Rider-Waite card. I kept counting and counting. I only come up with 25 (not 26). Anyone else?

Vincent

firemaiden said:
I wonder if we can relate this dew of heaven to the mannah from heaven in the Marseilles Maison Dieu.

'Dew' is certainly related to 'manna', but how are you relating 'manna' to the Tower?

Vincent

firemaiden

Ah! well that was something that came up on our study thread for the Marseilles, it was Diana's idea, and I liked it.

La Maison Dieu.

La Maision Dieu has 30 (that's what I counted anyhow) circles of different coulours falling from the sky. (I think they look like petits fours).

Bye the way, I love the idea that the Ace of Cups could be some how related to the Tower/Maison Dieu. It is like the moment after divine revelation - the sky has just cracked open, and now we have the the unending flowing of divine love