Playing Card Courts

cardlady22

There is a proportional size thing that goes on with the bridge decks that has been related to measurements in the Great Pyramid. I ran all over my small county for about a year and only saw the poker size. Guess where I finally found them? The paper/stationery aisle in a Publix supermarket! I snagged a red back and a blue back.

The system published by the Order of the Magi as directed by Olney H. Richmond has many author off-shoots today.
Iain McLaren-Owens ~ Astro-Cards aka Magian Cardology
Robert Lee Camp ~ Seven Thunders, Cards of Destiny
Thomas Morrell ~ Mystic Quadrates
Sharon Jeffers ~ Star of the Magi, Mystic Science of the Cards

Bernice

Re. Bicycle cards.

I was looking through a forum (magic card tricks) and the cards that got the best vote for lasting longest - they do all manner of manipulations with them - were cards called = Tally Ho.

They don't look very expensive, pity they don't do a 'different' face card deck, I love my Arn de Gothica, but don't want to wear it out....

Cardlady, re. Robert Lee Camp ~ Seven Thunders, Cards of Destiny.
There's a Help file that lists all of card meanings - and a small free program for the astro cards. I know that they're available online, but it's nice to have 'em on the desktop.

Bee :)

cardlady22

Thanks, Bee! I have just about every book available on all the variations of this System. :p
I helped gather the resources together on a Yahoo! group called DeckOf52.

Bernice

I bought the Tally-Ho deck.

The card-stock is supreme, best I've handled. Pity they don't use this stock for tarot decks.

Bernice

Hi Aerin, I can't get that link to open for me. Is it the Arcane deck or perhaps the Gypsy (tarot) deck you are looking at?

Aerin

Bernice said:
Hi Aerin, I can't get that link to open for me. Is it the Arcane deck or perhaps the Gypsy (tarot) deck you are looking at?

It's the "Heirloom" deck, which looks similar but has two sets of court cards. It's further down than the Gypsy ones on the Vintage Effects page. The Gypsy deck I see is also a playing card deck, but one set of courts.

The link still works for me so I'm not sure how to fix it...

Item number 035.

I'm on the .de Christian Schenk/Card Shark site www.card-shark.de online shop then Vintage effects. I scrolled down to the deck and then clicked on it.

:)

Bernice

Ah! It's loaded for me now.
I've seen the Heirloom deck at another online shop, I was VERY tempted, especially as it has two sets of courts! That Ink-Blot deck looks intriguing, I haven't seen it anywhere else.

runewynd

Bernice said:
Anyone got Arcane Playing Cards? I've just ordered the the 'white' ones.

Some videos using them are here;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTBXeq0rroE

*cries* I wanted the white ones! I got the black ones, and they're gorgeous, but I wanted white ones too!

These cards are awesome! I'm planning to turn them into spirit-charms, actually. They're already pretty in line with that idea- a bit of sigil magic with a silver paint pen, and voila! A couple hours later, and I've got a deck full of talismans and spirits associated with the cards!