The Antiquarian Lenormand

MoonGypsy

i am so amazed, because i had a neg gut reaction at first; but now this card speaks to me so strongly. It is such a powerful image...It holds so many possible meanings in it's strong imagery...Wow! Don't change a thing...

ladybird

i am so amazed, because i had a neg gut reaction at first; but now this card speaks to me so strongly. It is such a powerful image...It holds so many possible meanings in it's strong imagery...Wow! Don't change a thing...

I know exactly what you mean MoonGypsy, it happens to me too (with entire decks sometimes that I disliked at first but then loved)! :) I'm definitely going to keep the Cross card as it is. It's funny cuz I wasn't so sure about it but now that I've bounced it off of some of you, I quite like it now.

I just finished the Garden card! Yay, I'll try to post some more cards up soon. I have 6 or 7 here that I want to give to my friend to scan for me. If that takes too long I may just take a picture or video so you can see what they look like before they are scanned.

Thank you all for your input, I truly appreciate your support. :heart:

baylys

I love these threads cos you get to see the thought processes and the inspirations. It's great. I will be making my own lenormand deck soon and I can't wait to post a thread here. Just waiting on bits to arrive.

strings of life

ladybird, thank you so much for letting me know about this.

It's gorgeous!

I've said it in other Lenormand threads, but I don't like cluttered images in my Lenormands.

I love your choice for The Fox (the black fox), The Coffin, The Rider, The Star, The Heart (my favorite!), The Fish, The Cross (very creative).

ETA: I just watched the video and it really helped put everything into perspective. The varying landscape vs portrait sizes may not be my preference in a deck, but they are still beautiful. And How refreshing to see a deck made by collage in a largely digital world!

ladybird

I'm so glad you like it, aurarcana! Thank you! :)

Here's a video of 6 cards that haven't been scanned yet. It gives you a better idea of what they look like size-wise. All of the images on these ones were found in the public domain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPOT-wKvd7s.

Laura Borealis

Very cool! and I love the Snake :D and the Ship! And, well, all of them. They have such an elegant simplicity. :heart:

ladybird

Yay, I'm glad you like them, Laura Borealis! :)

I don't think the lighting in the video really shows the coloring that well (at least not on my screen) but once I get them scanned you'll get a better idea.

MoonGypsy

oh ladybird, i just love them all! My very favorites in the video are the Snake and the ship! But i love them all! :thumbsup: How many have been completed, now?

And i just have to mention that the name "Antiquarian Scrapbook Lenormand"
keeps singing out so loudly in my head, that i finally absolutely>had< to mention it! :D

baylys

oh ladybird, i just love them all! My very favorites in the video is the Snake and the ship! But i love them all! :thumbsup: How many have been completed, now?

keeps singing out so loudly in my head, that i finally absolutely>had< to mention it! :D

I'm with MG on this one!

ladybird

oh ladybird, i just love them all! My very favorites in the video are the Snake and the ship! But i love them all! :thumbsup: How many have been completed, now?

Thank you so much! I have 22 completed! I'm getting close. :)

Funny, I thought of Scrapbook Lenormand at some point while exploring the name. I thought of Antiquarian first and always came back to it. I figured since it was the first instinct, it must be right. I bounced both Antiquarian and Scrapbook off my huzzy and some close sisters too. Scrapbook Lenormand wasn't feeling or sounding quite right to us. Everyone liked the way Antiquarian sounded. I feel like Antiquarian works well with the illustration plates and antique pictures I used.

Saying all that, I never thought to combine the two! :) My husband and I tried playing with the combination that you suggested tonight. It's a really good thought but I'm going to keep Antiquarian by itself for the shortness factor. Plus I'm attached to it now. :)

I can see why it was singing so loudly for you, they do look like scrapbook pages.
Thanks for your input, you're a dear:heart: