Wildwood Cafe (Study group): 4 The Green Man

BlueDragonfly

In taking a few minutes to concentrate on the Green Man this morning, I see his mantle as the base/roots of the whole. The leaves still visible, and on down to the edges which look to be decaying, going through the process of becoming a part of the soil, the "foundation" needed for growth, the continuation of the whole cycle. As this sits on his shoulders, he carries the "responsibility" of ensuring this process.

The bracelet on his left wrist appears to be created out of roots braided together, perhaps a reminder of where it all begins, back to that foundation.

The bird sitting on the edge of his cauldron looks to be a phoenix. A symbol of transformation(and he's right above the blazing fire). Rising out of the ashes, to begin again, taking what is needed from that foundation to "re"build.

I'm torn between reading this deck intuitively and following clues from the book......:)

Flaxen

I like your observations. :thumbsup:

BlueDragonfly said:
I'm torn between reading this deck intuitively and following clues from the book......:)

As to this...I can see your dilemma. I'm in two minds about whether to follow the book completely or go with my own knowledge/understanding especially regards the court cards.

Stormdancer

OK...wee trimming note that has nothing todo with trimming.....

Put The Seer, The Green Woman, and The Green Man next to each other and notice the changes in the well/cauldron.....

Notice the hands in each of thses....do ya see how the II is a mirror of the IV????