High Priestess as a reason not to become an artist/painter

Thirteen

ETA good luck with your word-crafting! That is an awesome calling!
Ditto back! I'm always in awe of those who can draw what they see...or more, what they see in their minds. That kind of hand-eye coordination has always been a mysterious skill to me.

nisaba

and for my first column I asked about becoming a painter (in the painting pictures sense)...for 1b I pulled the High Priestess as a reason not to go with that choice.
I'm wondering if anyone can shed some light on how HP would be a reason not to...

... because you may become too caught up in art and decide that it's a life-path for you, when it really is only a hobby for you but your true life-path is somewhere else.

SunChariot

Hi All

I just did the "too many choices" spread that I found on this forum
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=103553

and for my first column I asked about becoming a painter (in the painting pictures sense)...for 1b I pulled the High Priestess as a reason not to go with that choice.
I'm wondering if anyone can shed some light on how HP would be a reason not to...

Normally she shows up for me when I do reasons about my spirituality or how I am as a reader etc...but I'm a little stumped with this one...

any help is appreciated!

xo
spin

To me, this makes me wonder how the cards would answer or what they could say if there WERE no reason why you should not do it, and all was good.

That aside, to me it would be saying that you already know the answer to this deep inside you. Meditate on it, listen in to your true inner voice and trust what it tells you on the topic.

Babs

spinnachie

... because you may become too caught up in art and decide that it's a life-path for you, when it really is only a hobby for you but your true life-path is somewhere else.

this "life path is somewhere else" thing keeps coming up for me...in readings and even in the way I feel about it but I don't know what my life path actually is...and I feel like I am WAY OFF! lol
It is just a hobby for me...but Im trying to find my life path...and so far everything that I am drawn to (ie painting) is not something I can see myself doing for a living.

To me, this makes me wonder how the cards would answer or what they could say if there WERE no reason why you should not do it, and all was good.

That aside, to me it would be saying that you already know the answer to this deep inside you. Meditate on it, listen in to your true inner voice and trust what it tells you on the topic.

Babs

Im not sure what you mean by the first part "if there WERE no reason why you should not do it, and all was good."

I have tried meditating on it, when I do all I get is stuff like "follow your heart" and "do what feels right"...if I were to follow my heart, realistically speaking...the only thing I know is I want to do something where I work from home...however I don't have any special skills or talents that would allow me to do so ;)

rwcarter

this "life path is somewhere else" thing keeps coming up for me...in readings and even in the way I feel about it but I don't know what my life path actually is...and I feel like I am WAY OFF! lol
It is just a hobby for me...but Im trying to find my life path...and so far everything that I am drawn to (ie painting) is not something I can see myself doing for a living.
I'm in my 50s and still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. I figure it'll become apparent to me when it's ready to become apparent. So don't beat yourself up over not knowing. :)

So I guess I have a High Priestess too - the information isn't ready to be revealed to me yet and/or I'm not ready to know it.

Rodney

spinnachie

I'm in my 50s and still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. I figure it'll become apparent to me when it's ready to become apparent. So don't beat yourself up over not knowing. :)

So I guess I have a High Priestess too - the information isn't ready to be revealed to me yet and/or I'm not ready to know it.

Rodney

lol under normal circumstances id be ok with waiting, however...im extremely unhappy in my current role...I have been for 11 years...but the last 3 years ive been trying to figure out what I want, applying to positions just to get out of this one...so that's why I was hoping the Tarot could help me choose a path ;)

EvaSegovia

Perhaps the High Priestess IS your path. Perhaps you are the Oracle, the Intuitive. Have you considered the Tarot? Astrology? Some time ago I took an Interest Inventory Test (on paper, given by the college). Turns out I was meant to be a nun.... (Chuckle... I've been anything but!) But I can totally relate to the High Priestess (the nun). And, I too, like my alone time. Just throwing it out...

SunChariot

Im not sure what you mean by the first part "if there WERE no reason why you should not do it, and all was good."

I have tried meditating on it, when I do all I get is stuff like "follow your heart" and "do what feels right"...if I were to follow my heart, realistically speaking...the only thing I know is I want to do something where I work from home...however I don't have any special skills or talents that would allow me to do so ;)

Sorry for being unclear. LOL

It was when I opened the link to the spread you sent along, the entire second row was dedicated to the question of "reason not to make that choice". If there WERE no reason at all (for any reason at all) not to make that choice then the cards would have nothing to say in answer to it, When there literally IS no answer to a question, because there was some form of illogic in the question, that could result in the cards not answering and a nonsense answer coming up, if you know what I mean. Eg a question needs to be answerable. If you ask what obstacle is before you in a situation and there is none, the cards cannot tell you what that obstacle is.

That is the first thought I had. It is possible that there just is no reason at all not to go forward, then how could the cards answer that question? They can't tell you why you should not make a choice if there is no reason that you shouldn't.

The same thing as the HP for a reason you should not go with that choice. What if there WERE no reason why you should not go with that choice. Then there is no answer to the question and if this were the case any card that came up to answer it may possibly have not meaning at all, and have just come up randomly, if the question were unanswerable.

Just something I learnt early on about forming questions If a question contains an unverified assumption, eg if you don't know for sure there is a reason not to do something...then IF that assumption is wrong, then the question cannot be answered, When a question cant be answered sometimes just nonsense cards come up that have no meaning (the cards stop trying to answer). If there just IS no answer to it. It's a kind of question I try to avoid. Unless I ask the cards to verify first. Eg I would ask IF there is a reason not to do something (to verify first), before asking what the reason is.

Hope that helped in some way and did not confuse more. And was not too long-winded, which it may well have been. LOL

Babs

spinnachie

Perhaps the High Priestess IS your path. Perhaps you are the Oracle, the Intuitive. Have you considered the Tarot? Astrology? Some time ago I took an Interest Inventory Test (on paper, given by the college). Turns out I was meant to be a nun.... (Chuckle... I've been anything but!) But I can totally relate to the High Priestess (the nun). And, I too, like my alone time. Just throwing it out...

Oh I have considered the tarot! as well as mediumship!! it was actually another option in my spread!! I keep seeing all the cards as negative though, I hate reading for myself ;)

Sorry for being unclear. LOL

It was when I opened the link to the spread you sent along, the entire second row was dedicated to the question of "reason not to make that choice". If there WERE no reason at all (for any reason at all) not to make that choice then the cards would have nothing to say in answer to it, When there literally IS no answer to a question, because there was some form of illogic in the question, that could result in the cards not answering and a nonsense answer coming up, if you know what I mean. Eg a question needs to be answerable. If you ask what obstacle is before you in a situation and there is none, the cards cannot tell you what that obstacle is.

That is the first thought I had. It is possible that there just is no reason at all not to go forward, then how could the cards answer that question? They can't tell you why you should not make a choice if there is no reason that you shouldn't.

The same thing as the HP for a reason you should not go with that choice. What if there WERE no reason why you should not go with that choice. Then there is no answer to the question and if this were the case any card that came up to answer it may possibly have not meaning at all, and have just come up randomly, if the question were unanswerable.

Just something I learnt early on about forming questions If a question contains an unverified assumption, eg if you don't know for sure there is a reason not to do something...then IF that assumption is wrong, then the question cannot be answered, When a question cant be answered sometimes just nonsense cards come up that have no meaning (the cards stop trying to answer). If there just IS no answer to it. It's a kind of question I try to avoid. Unless I ask the cards to verify first. Eg I would ask IF there is a reason not to do something (to verify first), before asking what the reason is.

Hope that helped in some way and did not confuse more. And was not too long-winded, which it may well have been. LOL

Babs

No not at all I appreciate the detail!! :)
I think I understand what you mean...if I don't have any idea of what I want to do with my life, the cards can't really point me in a direction, but if I lets say really wanted to become a make up artist they could give me guidance? am I on the right track?