3 of swords, Knight of cups and 5 of pentacles as intentions

Pami619

My friend did a reading on me asking about their intentions towards me.
We haven't spoke in like a week so I'm wondering what they're thinking.
User RWS deck.

I don't think it shows his intentions, maybe not any intentions at the moment.
3 of swords shows opening his heart and sharing his lows in life with me without pretending to be always good and happy.
Knight of cups is again expressing their feelings for me, they want something from me.
5 of pentacles is them looking for attention, the three of swords speaks of the same.
Maybe holding their emotions weights on them and they can't act fine anymore.
They need me as a rebound in a difficult situation where they feel lonely and want love.

Any other ideas?

IndigoWaves

Maybe he intends to make you feel such intense pain (3S) that you'll reach out to him in an emotional way (KnC), at which time he would leave you in the cold (5P) by directly or indirectly rejecting you... Something's "off" about these cards/his attitude; I'm not seeing good intentions, overall.

Pami619

Maybe he intends to make you feel such intense pain (3S) that you'll reach out to him in a caring and/or emotional way (KnC), at which time he would leave you out in the cold (5P) by directly or indirectly rejecting you... Something's "off" about these cards/his attitude; I'm not seeing good intentions, overall.

We are in good terms I asked for his intentions for this day.
I don't see him wanting to hurt me, I see no reason.

Thanks for your thoughts.

IndigoWaves

Can you think of any reason why he's not communicating with you, though? Did something happen before that started, like a recent event or serious "discussion" between you -- even if things had seemed OK afterwards? Maybe something was swept under the rug that actually hurt him, and it makes him want you to feel the same way... That's kind of the feel I was getting (especially if this is about an ex, someone you've been dating, or a guy who had a crush on you in the past).

Pami619

Can you think of any reason why he's not communicating with you, though? Did something happen before that started, like a recent event or serious "discussion" between you -- even if things had seemed OK afterwards? Maybe something was swept under the rug that actually hurt him, and it makes him want you to feel the same way... That's kind of the feel I was getting (especially if this is about an ex, someone you've been dating, or a guy who had a crush on you in the past).

I can't recall anything bad happening to us.
To me the three of swords is lack of expression of repressed emotion.
I think the Knight will soften the message but little or not they're needy of something, whether attention or help.

IndigoWaves

I can't recall anything bad happening to us.
To me the three of swords is lack of expression of repressed emotion.
I think the Knight will soften the message but little or not they're needy of something, whether attention or help.
I usually see the 3S as the heart being felt most intensely: broken open and "bleeding" emotion (usually of a painful sort) in a way that's hard to conceal. Repression can definitely lead up to a 3S experience, like someone stuffing down rage until a heart attack occurs... But for repressed silence/denial of expression, itself, I'd expect to see another card included here -- like the 2S or 8S, maybe.

As his "intentions towards you", I'd also expect some discernable action (or withdrawal of action) on his part, "aimed at" you in some way... And in the context of his having inexplicably cut off communication, it appears that his silence is the action -- but the intention behind it is the 3C: to hurt you/cause emotional pain.

He's not the KnC at this time because this is a 'forward' card and he's not been reaching out to you at all (re: not communicating). Instead, it seems possible that his silence could eventually make you reach out to him -- as "intended"... And the very eagerness of the KnC leaves it vulnerable to the rejection (5P) that he intends to respond with -- which may involve no response at all.

Anyhoo, instead of clarifying my view, I've probably just beat a dead horse; I can never tell, heh... And I could still be wrong as heck, of course, so let us know if anything happens, OK? Cheers. :)

Pami619

I usually see the 3S as the heart being felt most intensely: broken open and "bleeding" emotion (usually of a painful sort) in a way that's hard to conceal. Repression can definitely lead up to a 3S experience, like someone stuffing down rage until a heart attack occurs... But for repressed silence/denial of expression, itself, I'd expect a different card (like the 2S or 8S, maybe).

As his "intentions towards you", I'd also expect some action on his part... And in the context of his having inexplicably cut off communication, it appears that his silence is the action, but the intention behind it is the 3C: to hurt you/cause emotional pain.

He's not the KnC at this time because this is a 'forward' card and he's not been reaching out to you at all (re: not communicating). Instead, it seems possible that his silence could eventually make you reach out to him -- as "intended"... And the very eagerness of the KnC leaves it vulnerable to the rejection (5P) that he intends to respond with -- which may involve no response at all.

Anyhoo, instead of clarifying my view, I've probably just beat a dead horse; I can never tell, heh... I could still be wrong as heck, of course, so let us know if anything happens, OK? Cheers. :)

Oh that could make sense.
More like I'll make her grow weary of waiting in order to hear from her.
You know what I told them I loved them and I got 2 of swords and 9 of swords reaction.
I think they still think about those emotions and are wondering if my intentions were honest?
Is the three of swords putting me to the test?
I don't think they'll not respond, they sure will. Something about not given a chance to show emotion? KoC is the middle card..
What if after responded they start to doubt something that puts them in a very vulnerable position?
Will this Knight be fickle, they get attention and bye bye?
I don't exactly feel it is that.
We will see what will happen, this was just a daily spread.

DarkElectric

I'm wondering if secretly, he might think that he's not good enough for you, and is worried that you'll reject him. Some guys are terrified of rejection, and are concerned that they might not have enough to offer to woman they really like, so they are hesitant to act, even if they like the woman a lot.

Pami619

I'm wondering if secretly, he might think that he's not good enough for you, and is worried that you'll reject him. Some guys are terrified of rejection, and are concerned that they might not have enough to offer to woman they really like, so they are hesitant to act, even if they like the woman a lot.

Spot on. It is simple and no more obvious than that. I read too much into cards when they're simple to interpret.
Yes totally possible to not feel Knighty enough, saw lots of emotion and enthusiasm on their side but didn't acted on it somehow.
Thank you a lot!

IndigoWaves

I could definitely see this if the reading were about his feelings. The "his intentions towards me" question makes it read differently for me, though.