Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Pathworking group for newbies....anybody interested?

  > Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Beyond Tarot > Kabbalah & Alphabets


 
TarotRNJess's Avatar
TarotRNJess  TarotRNJess is offline
Resident
 
Join Date: 11 Nov 2015
Location: Nevada
Posts: 25
TarotRNJess 
Resident

TarotRNJess's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by La'al quiet fella View Post
With Zephryos help we will have a way of posting under the heading for each card. this will help a lot if people are going to be working at different paces.

For me personally, I found a lot of benefit in sharing experiences at the same pace as other members and reading their posts. I am happy to continue that approach, if other people also found it useful.

If not, the headings for each card will allow people to contribute and respond at their own pace and people can set up a thread for any card as they work with it.

Please let me know if you are interested in maintaining the group approach.

if not, it makes sense for me to finish the heading stuff with Zephryos, and then leave it for us to add to the threads at our own pace.
I personally think it'd be easier to follow under specific card headings, and then with a general discussion overall. But I do not mean to undermine your intentions for the group and am willing to do it either way. I am new and am learning.
Top   #51
Barleywine's Avatar
Barleywine  Barleywine is offline
Elder Jabberwock
 
Join Date: 10 Jun 2011
Location: Where the wild things are
Posts: 9,055
Barleywine 
Elder Jabberwock

Barleywine's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by La'al quiet fella View Post
With Zephryos help we will have a way of posting under the heading for each card. this will help a lot if people are going to be working at different paces.

For me personally, I found a lot of benefit in sharing experiences at the same pace as other members and reading their posts. I am happy to continue that approach, if other people also found it useful.

If not, the headings for each card will allow people to contribute and respond at their own pace and people can set up a thread for any card as they work with it.

Please let me know if you are interested in maintaining the group approach.

if not, it makes sense for me to finish the heading stuff with Zephryos, and then leave it for us to add to the threads at our own pace.
I'm perfectly willing to continue as a group, but I fear I may lag behind and hold others back, since I'm spending quite a bit of time on the quality of the experience and not the quantity. The next couple of days will tell the tale, though.
Top   #52
La'al quiet fella's Avatar
La'al quiet fella  La'al quiet fella is offline
Resident
 
Join Date: 03 Nov 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 60
La'al quiet fella 
Resident

La'al quiet fella's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarotRNJess View Post
I personally think it'd be easier to follow under specific card headings, and then with a general discussion overall. But I do not mean to undermine your intentions for the group and am willing to do it either way. I am new and am learning.
If I set up a sub thread for the universe card and one for 'general discussion' then people can add card headings as they need to and we can see how it goes from there?

that also solves the concern of working at different paces and still gives the group a chance to discuss things if they want to, but without any determined pace.
Top   #53
Barleywine's Avatar
Barleywine  Barleywine is offline
Elder Jabberwock
 
Join Date: 10 Jun 2011
Location: Where the wild things are
Posts: 9,055
Barleywine 
Elder Jabberwock

Barleywine's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by La'al quiet fella View Post
If I set up a sub thread for the universe card and one for 'general discussion' then people can add card headings as they need to and we can see how it goes from there?

that also solves the concern of working at different paces and still gives the group a chance to discuss things if they want to, but without any determined pace.
Sure, let's try it.
Top   #54
smw's Avatar
smw  smw is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 26 Sep 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 623
smw 
Citizen

smw's Avatar

I think I am going to be at a slow pace, I have read the posts, awesome but I would probably like to re-read them more carefully with the links, even maybe add a few thoughts.

At the moment I am also trying to work out what are the possible different approaches and the differences. So far they seem to be Active imagination, Etheric projection and Astral projection.

In my own brief try I thought it was active imagination first, though on skimming the link by Jack of wands on this it appears that it might have been too passive rather than active as there was no real impact at the time or afterwards...hmmm. I did notice this section below which interestingly seems to indicate that active imagination as described may have some kind of objective reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Franz
Embarrassed, the old woman invited the two of them into her best sitting room, which, by the way, in reality the girl had never been in before. (When much later she did have occasion to go in there, she discovered to her astonishment that in active imagination she had imagined it as it actually was.)

The link below on Astral projection by Dr Shoemaker seems to distinguish etheric projection and Astral Projection quite clearly, making sense of the later part of my try (lucid dream)as an etheric rather than actual astral projection. My (etheric) body is similar to mine and the surroundings are also like real ones, though less distinct, moving around the room etc... So I don't think I have ever Astral projected, which apparently involves any form and things outside of the usual. (the Von Franz extract seems to also fit possibly this description of etheric projection as well as active imagination, being in other places and seeing what is there in reality from the etheric level.

Another helpful tip in the link is an extract from Crowley on Astral projection and the interesting point on there being different Astral planes, including myth and fairytale, pagan etc. Perhaps the tree of life and Qabalah ones if entered will have entities and surroundings that respond to the sigils and associations related to that and others with their own relevant associations....when I have finished getting myself bogged down, I'll try again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V60qeSCSGcI

eta.. apologies for referring to posts indirectly!
Top   #55
La'al quiet fella's Avatar
La'al quiet fella  La'al quiet fella is offline
Resident
 
Join Date: 03 Nov 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 60
La'al quiet fella 
Resident

La'al quiet fella's Avatar
Path working threads


zephyros asked that posts be made under threads for each card so that it is easily available as a resource. I have opened a world/universe card thread and Zephyros will move our relevant posts to that one.

This thread remains for more general topics around path working too.

If you wish to post about a card not yet given its own thread, please start a new thread for that card.

thank you
Top   #56
smw's Avatar
smw  smw is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 26 Sep 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 623
smw 
Citizen

smw's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by La'al quiet fella View Post
zephyros asked that posts be made under threads for each card so that it is easily available as a resource. I have opened a world/universe card thread and Zephyros will move our relevant posts to that one.

This thread remains for more general topics around path working too.

If you wish to post about a card not yet given its own thread, please start a new thread for that card.

thank you
Thanks. I have had a look at the Universe thread. I am wondering though how everyone's personal experiences and approaches can be brought to together somehow. It feels tricky to comment on someone's else's personal post, or not knowing enough about their particular approach....or maybe I am jumping the gun as no one has newly posted on there yet.
Top   #57
La'al quiet fella's Avatar
La'al quiet fella  La'al quiet fella is offline
Resident
 
Join Date: 03 Nov 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 60
La'al quiet fella 
Resident

La'al quiet fella's Avatar

[QUOTE=smw;4512390]Thanks. I have had a look at the Universe thread. I am wondering though how everyone's personal experiences and approaches can be brought to together somehow. It feels tricky to comment on someone's else's personal post, or not knowing enough about their particular approach....or maybe I am jumping the gun as no one has newly posted on there
Top   #58
La'al quiet fella's Avatar
La'al quiet fella  La'al quiet fella is offline
Resident
 
Join Date: 03 Nov 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 60
La'al quiet fella 
Resident

La'al quiet fella's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by smw View Post
Thanks. I have had a look at the Universe thread. I am wondering though how everyone's personal experiences and approaches can be brought to together somehow. It feels tricky to comment on someone's else's personal post, or not knowing enough about their particular approach....or maybe I am jumping the gun as no one has newly posted on there yet.
I agree, it is a bit tricky....

The view that pathworking is a personal journey rather than a group thing along with people preferring to work at their own pace, may mean that some aspects of the group approach become a little redundant.

I had seen the group as working together and motivating each other to develop pathworking, as well as sharing experiences, but maybe those aspects may need to be sacrificed in light of people's preferences?

I think it is just a case of waiting and seeing how the Group and the thread develops.....
Top   #59
Snaut's Avatar
Snaut  Snaut is offline
Resident
 
Join Date: 28 Jul 2015
Location: Germany
Posts: 77
Snaut 
Resident

Snaut's Avatar

Am I the only one left interested? What happened to all of you?
My current problem is, that I am extremely uncertain of what i do and i am afraid of doing something wrong, whatever that means exactly.
Top   #60


 


 


Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.