Another Antique Lenormand reproduced

Tag_jorrit

Restoring the old cards is something I have missed doing since I passed on my website to my daughter who is carrying on with taking care of lovers of the traditional cards.

But here's another one, not quite 100 years old. And it's almost ready. On the Lenormand Museum site it calls it the Schneider & Co. Lenormand and dates it at 1918.

Strange that none of the antique decks that I have restored has ever made it to the deck listings on this site but there are plenty that I have either found or been provided with scans, from 150 year old decks up through the early 20th century. Some restored, some as-found. But if you delight in the genuine antique cards and the ones that are commercially available are not enough, you can find several more on the Game of Hope website.

Some are filled with period images with sumptuous and vibrant original art evocative of each of the symbols. Some are contain spare line drawings and others feature elegantly detailed sketches. There are also a couple of decks that are attributed to Mlle Lenormand that contain a some cards that diverge from the decks that we are accustomed to.

And if you want to have your own copy of the original Philippe Lenormand instruction sheet to sift through all the current information and get back to basics, you can find it there, too.

Astraea

LOL! I knew you'd miss it!

reall

oh! I know exactly what you mean!:)) imo there is no reason to stop doing something that make you happy!^^ especially if everyone like it!^^ lolz ;))

btw you may be the right person I need advice to ask about this deck I restored recently https://sites.google.com/site/chakr...lemands-court-of-vienna-coffee-cards-restored have it all ready to be printed by POD but not sure about copyright?x,x I contacted British museum regarding that topic even I'm not sure where I find original card img cuz I wanted to make it with free pdf book for download but never hear from them?x,x
what should I do?x,x i would like to make this for sale but don't want to end up with copyright claim!x,x and there is few I wish to restore as well!^^ but would like to have this clear first!^^ ;))
so pm me or something! any advice is appreciated!^^
thank you for all tips and wonderful job you did!^^ ;))

Belinda2

It is good to see you back I thought at one time that you were closing your website, and at the time I could not afford a deck . It's good to see that I will still have a chance to buy one.

Tag_jorrit

I just received the test copy of the cards and they look good. And they are now available for you here.

It is good to see you back I thought at one time that you were closing your website, and at the time I could not afford a deck . It's good to see that I will still have a chance to buy one.

Thanks, Belinda! I am only behind the scenes now that my daughter has taken things over but I am still the one doing the decks.

The Happy Squirrel

Thanks, Belinda! I am only behind the scenes now that my daughter has taken things over but I am still the one doing the decks.

I am glad it is in the family :) I was a little alarmed when I saw "Under New Management". I am a big fan of your website, store, and restorations. My wish list is still so long. I have bought many in the past and am very happy with them all :)

onesun

I LOVE your deck resto's. I so appreciate them. Several are already on my bucket list.

I too was a bit alarmed at the 'Under New Management' thing.. never can quite tell, it can sound so ominous.

Anyway, you mentioned using 'linen stock' with some or several as far as I can tell. Not sure if that's all you're using or not. Also is it the type of linen stock you can see the vertical/horizontal 'fibres' if the card is turned just so?

And are these glossy or semi-glossy or felt finish?

Thanks for all your efforts with these! They're awesome!
-OS

ps. I too think it very odd your decks are not included here on AT reviews.. Someone needs to put a bug in a mod's ear..

onesun

Had one last question: What country/locale are you shipping your decks from?

HOLMES

Strange that none of the antique decks that I have restored has ever made it to the deck listings on this site but there are plenty that I have either found or been provided with scans, from 150 year old decks up through the early 20th century. Some restored, some as-found. But if you delight in the genuine antique cards and the ones that are commercially available are not enough,

looking up how to do submissions I saw
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/suggest/

looks like lifetime is on hold, but even I didn't know there was these options (for I never looked for them).

edited to add

I like your site , after looking around especially the old instruction you have listed.

ayuryogini

Restoring the old cards is something I have missed doing since I passed on my website to my daughter who is carrying on with taking care of lovers of the traditional cards. .............

And if you want to have your own copy of the original Philippe Lenormand instruction sheet to sift through all the current information and get back to basics, you can find it there, too.

I, too, am so grateful for your expertise in restoring the old decks, such a beautiful job and I love that you've made so many decks available that would have been completely out of reach.

Also, I was happy to see that Under New Management meant that your daughter has taken over the business. Sometimes, when I see that sign, it means to me that the previous owner wants to distance themselves from the new owner. So glad that's not the case here.