PIXIE'S ASTOUNDING VS PIXIE'S HIDDEN Lenormand

greatdane

If you have had or have both, anyone care to share their thoughts on the differences, beyond the extra cards in the first? Oh and yes I know the latest has the TIN :).

Would love to read thoughts re both decks. I had the first one, just ordered the second from Amazon (US Games version).

EmpyreanKnight

I don't have the hidden, but I've heard that a major difference is that the Hidden does not have a card insert, not even a 2-character number/court + suit indicator. I'm just starting out, but I've heard that they are important.

greatdane

I had the first one, EmpyreanKnight

and just watched some vid reviews of the latest, the Pixie Astounding Lenormand by US GAMES and I do like the second one better. The first was a great brainchild of our own ATer :) and kudos for the job he did.

I do like the change in some of the cards I saw in the second one and I tend to like USG's card stock, so I am sure I will love the one that is supposed to be here Wed.

I also like it is in a tin.

When comparing some of the changes, like the SNAKE, I do like the new one.

Both decks are lovely, but if one is to get the latest, I just got it on Amazon for 11 and change (12 and change with tax) delivered. I see it is 18 and change on USG. But then Amazon goes UP and DOWN with their pricing, I got lucky getting it today at that low price!

EmpyreanKnight

I sure hope you like it, greatdane, because I love mine. It's so classy and beautifully-produced. It also perfectly matches the Centennial, so I can't wait to do multi-deck readings with this one. It would definitely be my main deck once I explore the Lenormand in depth later this year. I do have a bit of trouble shuffling these Lennies since I have big hands, but I guess the payoff is that the cards won't be spilling everywhere once I try a Grand Tableau lol.

greatdane

JUST got the USG Pixie's Astounding Lenormand...

What I like:

IMAGES...I do prefer some of the new images over the first edition, although that was great in it's own way.
I can EASILY tell what a card is supposed to be. Normally, I wouldn't like having another Lenormand image be much larger than the image it is supposed to be, in this case, the LETTER, but I can easily see the WOMAN is reading a LETTER, so not exactly a big reach for me.

CARDSTOCK!....I love the papery cardstock. I am so glad this has such a lovely matte feel. It feels sturdy, but no heavy lamination or chemical smell at all.

THE BACKS....JUST LOVE the backs! The coloring, the simplicity. Perfect.

TIN....well, and yeah...THE TIN. Love the tin, although it is a tad big. I would have preferred the tin smaller. The first thing I did was remove the book.
I know many want a booklet or lwb, but I really don't use them. And the cards seem to move around a lot in the tin, so I may wind up putting them in a case or at least wrapping them before putting them in the tin.

There is nothing I do not like about this deck and plan on using it a lot. I love PCS artwork, and while some is taken from her tarot deck, other images are just from various other artwork she did. I have no problem differentiating from her tarot and Lenormand decks, even though some of the art is the same. I read tarot and Lenormand much differently, so even if similar or the same art, no problem.

Love this deck.