Ten of Wands Rx with The Wheel in Relationship Reading

GrailKing

I recently used the Celtic Heart Spread in a reading concerning myself and someone that I have started to see. For those who may not be familiar with it, the Celtic Heart Spread is one that seeks to explore where each person is in their personal growth and where each will need to grow in order for the relationship to be successful or rewarding.

In this doing this spread I chose the Ten of Wands Rx crossed by The Wheel (upright) as representing myself and my current state in relation to the other person. While this is a large spread with 16 cards in total, I really only wanted to discuss these two cards. I'm interested in what other people think of my interpretation.

Position Descriptions:
1 – Partner A's basic soul self now
2 – Pressing issues, positive and negative (crossing)

Ten of Wands Rx--in a nutshell, "share the load" and to have faith in giving up the need to be a martyr to my duties--Allow the other person to help lighten the burdens that I've stubbornly insisted on shouldering all my own (I am a Taurus BTW). The other guy in this situation will probably be more than willing and capable to help me grow in a healthy manner toward mutual interdependence. Also, I see this card reversed as suggesting that maybe my previous habit of taking on too much responsibility was a disguised way of asserting control.

The Wheel--the universe is setting events in motion for me to learn this lesson with this other fella, and it is an opportunity to learn when and how to be supportive and help lighten his load when The Wheel turns and it's my turn to be of service, albeit without the need to control his choices or feel insecure with change and uncertainty.

As an aside, Interestingly enough, his corresponding cards are similarly mirroring the reverse side of the equation with the the Six of Pentacles Rx and The Sun Rx. He is a Leo with earth influences/personal planets. I am a Taurus with several fire personal planets.:)

Thoughts anyone?

swimming in tarot

Knowing your own situation and habits better than I do, that could be a good interpretation. But when I kept getting stalked by the 10 of Wands, it had to do with me still carrying baggage from a previous relationship. Might you still be carrying baggage?

rwcarter

Tauruses unite! (Sun and 3 planets in Taurus here. :D)

As cards you've intentionally chosen (instead of cards the deck gave you), your interpretations make sense. The Wheel could also represent your willingness to give in to Fate and roll with wherever the Wheel turns next.

GrailKing

Knowing your own situation and habits better than I do, that could be a good interpretation. But when I kept getting stalked by the 10 of Wands, it had to do with me still carrying baggage from a previous relationship. Might you still be carrying baggage?

I like this idea. I also see these two card pairs as representing issues or concerns that each partner is bringing to the relationship and of course these would be realized in the form of internal challenges. So yes, the baggage for me is that in most recent relationship which was a 10.5 year affair, we often felt each of us was the one doing having to do all the "work" in adapting to the other person. The great thing about this new guy is that he is more than willing to bend and adapt. I feel my efforts to grow in relation are going to be met in kind. There's a harmony even at this early stage of willing to work together whether it be making plans or choices, etc.

GrailKing

Tauruses unite! (Sun and 3 planets in Taurus here. :D)

As cards you've intentionally chosen (instead of cards the deck gave you), your interpretations make sense. The Wheel could also represent your willingness to give in to Fate and roll with wherever the Wheel turns next.

Definitely, I've already seen this happen on a couple of occasions. My newfound ability to trust in the universe and my soul leading me to the right path and decisions with this guy, coupled with my surrendering a need to control or orchestrate events, has been rewarded by him returning with more openness and willingness to share some of the big changes happening in his life right now. A balance between time apart and time together.

Oh, and I also agree, we Tauruses aren't often given the love we deserve for our stability. We really are rocks. Occasionally, we're rockheads, but that's another growth issue.

swimming in tarot

A 10.5 year relationship, you say. I see a lot of 10s here. An ex of mine once told me that it takes as much time to come out of a former relationship, as the amount of time it endured. This seems to be true, in my experience, but not to the exclusion of beginning a new relationship--just as long as one is aware of what one carries, and might want to put down. Wonderful gift of an accommodating partner--a characteristic very much to be appreciated, and reciprocated. :)

BTW, I'm also a Taurus! :D

GrailKing

A 10.5 year relationship, you say. I see a lot of 10s here. An ex of mine once told me that it takes as much time to come out of a former relationship, as the amount of time it endured. This seems to be true, in my experience, but not to the exclusion of beginning a new relationship--just as long as one is aware of what one carries, and might want to put down. Wonderful gift of an accommodating partner--a characteristic very much to be appreciated, and reciprocated. :)

BTW, I'm also a Taurus! :D

Go Taurus! I feel like I'm tailgating:) Seriously, the 10.5 year relationship ended 1.75 years ago, so it's time. Actually me an my ex are still very close friends and he has actually been in a new relationship for about 9 months, so I feel pretty good about how we ended things. Also, the new guy, is on very good terms with the guy who he had a 3.5 year relationship with. A good amount of time has elapsed there too. I think it's a good indicator of how I will be treated if things don't work out with us. I believe people really do tell you how you will be treated or valued by how they treat others. And I do think that he is very much a wonderful gift!

I know I'm bragging here, but we each have shared some of the tender spots from these prior relationships and we seem to be using them as guides to support and tune in to our different needs. Actually I'm extremely hopeful.