Here's a simple kit for making your own lenormand on playing cards

danielnogo

Hey everyone, I wanted to share this with the community, as I really love this deck, and it is simple and easy to use, and cost $1 for the regular playing card deck.

Print out these two sheets:
http://i.imgur.com/CLSjMse.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/9qG9k5U.jpg

And cut out the symbols, you can cut them out as squares but what I did was cut them pretty close to their shape so that you could see the playing card image beneath them, I love the scrapbook look it gives them. If you wanna get fancy you can print out numbers and titles using any word processor, but I just used a sharpie and wrote the number and title on the top of the card. I used a glue stick to glue the symbols on the proper cards. Basically you want to remove cards 2-5 out of each suite, that will get you down to 36. Then go to a website and get the numbers and titles and mark the cards with the sharpie, then glue the proper symbol on the card. Feel free to get creative. Let the cards dry a little bit, then you have a very effective set of lenormand cards, with some very charming artwork, and is totally public domain, so no copyright violation, here's how mine looks:

GHeUzFn.jpg

Lee

Great idea, daniel, thanks so much! Doing that kind of activity (both on your side in putting it all together, and on our side in cutting and pasting) is a great way to engage with and develop a relationship with the cards.

MissNine

Wow that bear card is ADORABLE!

Great idea!!!

danielnogo

Wow that bear card is ADORABLE!

Great idea!!!

Yeah I really like it! My mom decided to throw away all my decks I was hiding in my room, and the rest of my decks are in storage, so I had to improvise and so far I'm having a good time. I also created a bone throwing set I use.

danielnogo

Great idea, daniel, thanks so much! Doing that kind of activity (both on your side in putting it all together, and on our side in cutting and pasting) is a great way to engage with and develop a relationship with the cards.
I agree with you! I am slowly learning the card numbers and such, my goal is to be able to identify the house of any card in a GT without having to have a mat, making these cards definitely helped!

Amanda

I have a question for anyone: If you were going to make an extra Man and an extra Lady card for a make-shift deck like this, which left-over playing cards would you use for them?

danielnogo

I have a question for anyone: If you were going to make an extra Man and an extra Lady card for a make-shift deck like this, which left-over playing cards would you use for them?
I would use any of the left over cards, or maybe once of each of the jokers. It really doesnt matter IMO.

Amanda

So, I spent about 4-5 hours last night making my own Lenormand deck. I was wondering if I am allowed to show it here? I basically just did a Microsoft Word Clip Art search, and utilized photos from online that turned up in that search. I'm pretty sure nothing I used is copyrighted however, I didn't go tracking these photos down to make sure (I'm not sure of Microsoft's policies on this; I wouldn't think they would snag copyrighted photos in their search, but I can't be sure) -- I just hovered my mouse over the picture as it turned up in the Word window to make sure it didn't say "By" with anyone's name. This was something that just sparked my interest, since I had an unused playing card deck, and I was looking for something a little therapeutic/artsy to do with my time last night.

Teheuti

So, I spent about 4-5 hours last night making my own Lenormand deck. I was wondering if I am allowed to show it here? I basically just did a Microsoft Word Clip Art search, and utilized photos from online that turned up in that search. I'm pretty sure nothing I used is copyrighted however, I didn't go tracking these photos down to make sure (I'm not sure of Microsoft's policies on this; I wouldn't think they would snag copyrighted photos in their search, but I can't be sure) -- I just hovered my mouse over the picture as it turned up in the Word window to make sure it didn't say "By" with anyone's name. This was something that just sparked my interest, since I had an unused playing card deck, and I was looking for something a little therapeutic/artsy to do with my time last night.
Definitely you can use any images you like for your own use. Technically there could be a problem in showing them here - athough some allowances are made in copyright law for collages - not enough to publish them, though. It's best to keep track of your sources or only get images from public domain sites.

danielnogo

Dude all the images I included in my original post are all copyright free, you didn't have to do your own search, unless you didnt like my images lol. But congrats :D