Empress as how they see me?

Ica'rus

Empress as how she sees me?

Hi All. It's been a while since I've done any spreads. I have mostly pulled single cards, but a new situation has popped up where I felt a small spread would be helpful. I think that it is an overall positive answer but a few positions have me confused.

The spread I used is for asking about New Acquaintances. There are two positions that I don't fully understand.

First, What they're attracted to in me? The Empress. This has me confused.. When this shows up often it's relating to a woman. Fertility and nurture seem to be the most commonly associated terms. But for how it relates to me as a guy? I'm not saying I can't be nurturing but I'm quite certain that isn't what it's referring to. I've seen the empress be related to maturity and creative energies, and that was the only thing that felt like it made sense. I used the steampunk tarot, which is still very close to the RWS imagery and meanings, but the empress is sitting on a chair laid back in a sensual posiition holding a ball of "energy'. This power exudes more power than other Empress images. But i've gone back and forth over the meaning.

The other one that has me confused is "Their assumptions about me." 5 of Cups. This depicts someone down on their luck. The image in the steampunk tarot is someone with their head down at a bar, some drinks knocked over. We don't know each other very well, we are new acquaintances but we have a few very strong common interests and we work together. The image in the deck made me think of my office in our workplace, I'm often separated from the rest of what's going on in the office (the lone computer guy for our region so I am often hidden away in my office or running around in the field) But my office has a GIANT window that anyone can see me plain as day. The image of the 5 of cups in the steampunk tarot made me think maybe she often sees me with my head down in my office, is it a negative thought? Or do I just seem like I am hiding away and not coming out to talk?

I'd like to hear others thoughts on what it could mean. So far, everything else has shown itself to be positive. I like her, and hope to continue to get to know her. The cards have constantly encouraged me to "be myself" which is funny because that makes sense! But around a pretty and intelligent woman I do become a bit timid =)

Grizabella

Being seen as the Empress isn't a bad thing at all for a guy. For a lot of women, it's a very attractive trait in a man. It doesn't mean she sees you as being effeminate or anything like that. Just very warm and loving.

As for the 5 of Cups and the guy with his head down and spilled drinks---if you look at that Steampunk picture literally she might think you drink too much. But the Rider Waite image carries the traditional meaning of someone mourning a lost relationship who isn't seeing that there are still two full cups that haven't spilled. In that case, she may see you as someone who is such a deeply loving man that he'd become deeply hurt and depressed over something that another man might take more in stride. Some men see women more as conquests but she's seeing you as a man who doesn't play those games and does have a very deeply loving nature.

Given those two cards together, I think she sees you as being very genuine and kind and loyal when in a relationship. And that he doesn't jump relationship to relationship for the fun of it, he actually plays for keeps. Men like that aren't that easy to find, you know. :)

Ica'rus

Hi Grizabella, thank you for taking the time to respond to me! Your explanations of both cards make a lot of sense to me. In some ways, I think that is showing something that she will come to learn about me if we get closer together. Which if it holds true and that is how she sees me, then it is indeed a very positive indication.

The empress I hadn't thought of warm and loving. I've never had it appear when talking about me. If the motherly aspect has any meaning at all, I'm caring in every way that I can be towards someone that I am fond of or in a relationship with. Since the Emperor is often seen as a father figure, almost as a strict one. It seemed odd to view myself as 'motherly'. I didn't necessarily think it was a bad thing, but unsure how to apply it to myself and my situation.

The 5 of Cups confused me. Taken from your description, I've been recovering from a relationship that ended over 6 months ago. It took a severe toll on me. My broken heart doesn't heal easily. Only recently have I been able to look around and feel like I can start to see myself with another person. But she doesn't know this... Which is why it left me scratching my head. I did not think about what it could mean when things come together, not just what it might mean in this exact moment. We still have a lot of work to get to know each other. But if she views me later as that kind of person: deeply caring, loyal, devoted; feels positive to me.. It is who I am. I put everything I am into my relationships, which definitely puts my heart on the line.

I'm happy with this reading. One of the positions I received the World which I see as a positive overture regarding the dynamic between us. I'm not afraid to admit I'm a romantic fool and one of the most important things to me in life is finding someone special :)

The HP

5 cups can also indicate a very deep bond between two people that can communicate telepathically. Like even though they are apart, they are still together. She may be able to tell you are still pining over an ex. Or she feels a very deep bond with you where she sees y'all, being very happy, with a family one day.

Nalini

Empress as a guy would be someone who is caring, nurturing, understanding and someone who allows growth. The characteristics of a mother essentially. Men don't realize it but very many women cherish and adore these qualities in a man. At least if they want to be with someone long term. That's my two cents.

Ica'rus

Empress as a guy would be someone who is caring, nurturing, understanding and someone who allows growth. The characteristics of a mother essentially. Men don't realize it but very many women cherish and adore these qualities in a man. At least if they want to be with someone long term. That's my two cents.

Thank you Naliini, this makes a great deal of sense to me, when described like that. In this way I am glad to be seen as the Empress. It is who I am and finding someone who appreciates, loves me, for those qualities is..well, it means everything!

Ica'rus

5 cups can also indicate a very deep bond between two people that can communicate telepathically. Like even though they are apart, they are still together. She may be able to tell you are still pining over an ex. Or she feels a very deep bond with you where she sees y'all, being very happy, with a family one day.

I have never heard of this interpretation before but it is an interesting thought. It could very well mean that, but we don't know each other well enough, or at least I wouldn't think well enough to have that kind of a bond, yet at least. I personally try not to read for divination but I see it happen in my cards. I think the best way I can see these two cards as a symbol of what she would or will feel as things come to pass. I am getting over an ex, but I am better than i've been in months..But I may carry scars that I might not know until I enter another relationship. Thank you for your thoughts!!

The HP

I have never heard of this interpretation before but it is an interesting thought. It could very well mean that, but we don't know each other well enough, or at least I wouldn't think well enough to have that kind of a bond, yet at least. I personally try not to read for divination but I see it happen in my cards. I think the best way I can see these two cards as a symbol of what she would or will feel as things come to pass. I am getting over an ex, but I am better than i've been in months..But I may carry scars that I might not know until I enter another relationship. Thank you for your thoughts!!

What it tells me about this woman is that she is an empathetic person who can see past the obvious. Sounds like a keeper!

ChristianReader

You may spark maternal and wife like urges in her. She may feel like a comforter to you or she feels safe with you. Have you told her about a heart break you had or if you drink often if not it could simply reflect on the facts you stated about your office

Ica'rus

Saradipidity, I hope she would be a keeper ;)

You may spark maternal and wife like urges in her. She may feel like a comforter to you or she feels safe with you. Have you told her about a heart break you had or if you drink often if not it could simply reflect on the facts you stated about your office

I think that I see how you get this reasoning. I don't necessarily know if that is the answer but it gives me much to think about. Thank you very much! I haven't told her about anything yet, and I don't drink often, so I know the 5 of cups Steampunk image wasn't the literal visual interpretation.